Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Can we ban people if . . . Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
misfit
Underground Label Level

Can we ban people if . . .

Numerous threads on this forum are about album sales and charts positions and this is really boring to read. If it is a thread congratulating pink on her success this is okay but it is when you have idiots claiming she is doing bad. I don't care where pink gets in the charts or how many albums she sells and nor does pink herself so why do we need to discuss it??? Maybe people who start such threads should be banned - that would soon put an end to this negativity. My opinion is as long as Pink is making music and i am listening to it then i am happy.

Secondly people should be banned for slagging off other artists such as Christina Aguilera. I haven't seen much of this going on recently but I'm sure it happens. So how about these people are banned too???

I would love your comments, especially that of a moderator who can put this into action.

Thanx all and have a good night,

M!sf!t

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:05 AM
misfit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misfit Click here to Send misfit a Private Message Find more posts by misfit Add misfit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vanyel
World Tour Level

Oh sure, let's ban everyone who has a different opinion. That'll make the boards much more interesting!

While you're at it, why not also ban everyone that replies with only smileys or one word... Or even better, let's ban (choose your preference) red/ white/ black/ yellow people. The smartasses.. Noooo the stupid ones.

This may be a bit over the top, but I really think it would be bad bad bad to ban people just because they don't agree with you.

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:12 AM
Vanyel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanyel Click here to Send Vanyel a Private Message Find more posts by Vanyel Add Vanyel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
Originally posted by Vanyel

You didnt read misfit's suggestion correctly.

She asked for a ban on talk about album sales and singles. Not about peoples opinions or smileys or one worders?

I totally agree as i am sick and tired of people talking about the same old totally pointless subject!

P!NK DOESNT CARE ABOUT SALES AND HATES READING ABOUT IT ON PINKSPAGE !!! I dont see why people care about this either!

Why do people feel it necessary to keep posting new threads about it and saying the same thing everytime! Its not a matter of opinion in this case, its a pointless subject for so many reasons.

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:22 AM
PINK_FlappyBIT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PINK_FlappyBIT Click here to Send PINK_FlappyBIT a Private Message Find more posts by PINK_FlappyBIT Add PINK_FlappyBIT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vanyel
World Tour Level

I was being sarcastic.....
thought it would be obvious

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:36 AM
Vanyel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanyel Click here to Send Vanyel a Private Message Find more posts by Vanyel Add Vanyel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crackslack
Triple Platinum Record Level

have you tought this trough?
It's up to the mods to judge if you get banned for something or not. It's not a crime to dislike Xtina, Britney,...... ; but I agree the dissing is sometimes over the top. It would be hard for the mods tho, to judge who went over the line and who didn't
Yeah, it's true that people post a lot of rubbish (most of my posts are prolly rubbish ); I don't think you can ban people for having an opinion tho
You also must keep in mind that most of the peeps on the board are non-english; which makes it very easy to missunderstand them, or say that there rude or swearing...........maybe they just don't NE other words

I would stick to the rules that we have at the moment: no swearing and no verbal violence

Crackie
xxx

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:45 AM
crackslack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crackslack Click here to Send crackslack a Private Message Visit crackslack's homepage! Find more posts by crackslack Add crackslack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ancovicka
In Detox Level

I disagree. i love pink not only because of her music and itīs true, that if she would not be succesfull anymore, i would still be her fan. But hey - singing is her life, her work and so its obvious she wanna be succesfull! Or do you think, that when she works so hard to make good song or video, that she doesnīt want it to be succesfull then? And we - her fans - are here to make her succesful. When we love her music, we have to vote for it and buy it!!!! And when we donīt do our work very well - its time to talk about the reasons, to ask ppl to vote, to buy singles and albums...I think itœ definately alright to talk about!
Well and about Xtina and the others - yes i have talked about them badly couple of times and feeling quite ashamed for that - I think we shouldnīt do it. But i donīt think we should be banned for it - have a look at Xtinaīs message board and see, what are they writing about our Royal pinknes..

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:52 AM
ancovicka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ancovicka Click here to Send ancovicka a Private Message Find more posts by ancovicka Add ancovicka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
Originally posted by crackslack

I would stick to the rules that we have at the moment: no swearing and no verbal violence

How about another rule that reads ' no dissing P!NK's album sales '

Thats what this thread is about, not putting a ban on peoples opinions or most of the threads on this board.

Old Post 09-12-2004 09:53 AM
PINK_FlappyBIT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PINK_FlappyBIT Click here to Send PINK_FlappyBIT a Private Message Find more posts by PINK_FlappyBIT Add PINK_FlappyBIT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crackslack
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by PINK_FlappyBIT
How about another rule that reads ' no dissing P!NK's album sales '

lol, I didn't know that was an official rule.

I don't diss her albums sales, can't speak for the others on here tho

I don't think people REALLY care about P!nk's chartpositions, they just feel a bit down because there P!nkness is not on top. Personally I don't see that as a bad thing, I think it's sweet to care about her succes.

Just look at the Laface poll thread. Isn't it wicked how fans get together to get their idol on top......I think that super

The board just wants P!nk to do well and be loved by the rest of the world too, I really can't see the bad in that

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:02 AM
crackslack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crackslack Click here to Send crackslack a Private Message Visit crackslack's homepage! Find more posts by crackslack Add crackslack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:

It should be an official rule i reckon!

My main concern basically is that P!NK doesnt care, so why should we. I want her to come on this board sometime and post now and then and send out messages to her fans just to let us know how she's doing and that all is well.

I think everyone on this board wants to hear from her now and then, but she wont if she keeps on reading negative stuff about how things flopped and how bad her sales are?

She has been quoted already about reading stuff like that on here and felt angry about it. Dont we want her to come on and read positive things on here rather than how her album and singles sales are?

There are thousands of artists out there trying to make a living and its so damn competive that everyone is going to have their ups and down.

As long as she is making music thats all we should be worrying about.

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:19 AM
ancovicka
In Detox Level

quote:
lol, I didn't know that was an official rule.

I don't diss her albums sales, can't speak for the others on here tho

I don't think people REALLY care about P!nk's chartpositions, they just feel a bit down because there P!nkness is not on top. Personally I don't see that as a bad thing, I think it's sweet to care about her succes.

Just look at the Laface poll thread. Isn't it wicked how fans get together to get their idol on top......I think that super

The board just wants P!nk to do well and be loved by the rest of the world too, I really can't see the bad in that

exactly!!! Thatīs how we feel!!! and if you - MR. or MRS Misfit - donīt feel responsible or donīt take care for Pinkīs succes - OK, but let us discuss about whatever we want and what seems important to us!!!

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:20 AM
ancovicka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ancovicka Click here to Send ancovicka a Private Message Find more posts by ancovicka Add ancovicka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
[i] but let us discuss about whatever we want and what seems important to us!!! [/B]

Why are album sales so important to you?

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:27 AM
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

Basically its very disheartening reading about flopped singles and albums all the time on this board. Enough is enough people, there is so much more to talk about.

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:33 AM
Amsterdam
Top 100 Charts Level

Re: Can we ban people if . . .

quote:
Originally posted by misfit
Numerous threads on this forum are about album sales and charts positions and this is really boring to read. If it is a thread congratulating pink on her success this is okay but it is when you have idiots claiming she is doing bad. I don't care where pink gets in the charts or how many albums she sells and nor does pink herself so why do we need to discuss it??? Maybe people who start such threads should be banned - that would soon put an end to this negativity. My opinion is as long as Pink is making music and i am listening to it then i am happy.

Secondly people should be banned for slagging off other artists such as Christina Aguilera. I haven't seen much of this going on recently but I'm sure it happens. So how about these people are banned too???

I would love your comments, especially that of a moderator who can put this into action.

Thanx all and have a good night,

M!sf!t

I totally agree with your point, that we shouldn't talk about her chartsposition's etc. anymore in a bad way. There was another thread on this messageboard where I said something like 'please guys stop complaining'!!! Some people complain that P!nk never comes online, that she didn't do a concert at their country, their city, that she choose the wrong singles of the album, that they want more attention from P!nk, that the record doesn't sell enough, that..blabla. I said before that I think it's selfish to talk that way. I thought this board was for FANS only! THINK ABOUT THIS:
WHEN P!nks decides to come online here on the board one day, HOW WOULD SHE FEEL, reading the complainment???????? We are her fans! Not her BOSS!
But I disagree the point about other artists, ok, we don't have to be rude about anyone and we shouldn't swear but this is P!NKSpage, so if we don't like other singers we should be free of speech to talk about that. In a normal way tho.. or a sarcastic way. Anyway, this is just my opinion................

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:36 AM
Amsterdam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Amsterdam Click here to Send Amsterdam a Private Message Visit Amsterdam's homepage! Find more posts by Amsterdam Add Amsterdam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

Re: Re: Can we ban people if . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Amsterdam

yeahhh !! finally another fan that agrees!!!

Stop the wingeing and complaining people!!!
Dammit get over it.

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:38 AM
ancovicka
In Detox Level

quote:
Originally posted by PINK_FlappyBIT
Why are album sales so important to you?

because I want her to be succesful and want other ppl to love her. Itīs her work to sell albums as well!

Old Post 09-12-2004 10:42 AM