Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > 'Barbies'
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by x_T_x
"Yeah I mean if you review music for a living and this has to be explained to you then...best of luck."

What they were trying to say is, if I review music for a living , and that this has to be EXPLAINED to me i.e. Indicating that I was not capable of working it out by myself (which obviously I have done which is why they made this COMMENT) and that I need it EXPLAINED to me?... then BEST OF LUCK.

Lol.

I'm not stupid. I know 'shade' as these youngsters call it when I see it.. 🙄

But I read it as the person commented on what the previous poster said about th reviewers. I honestly don't think it was addressed to you but to the reviewers who has this as a job and still didn't "get it".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:48 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Ohh sshh I'm going to look right now!!! ♥️

I can't find it 😢 .. Uhm.. is there any possibility you could send me a link to get it on Apple Music pls or would that involve you having to have Apple Music too? 😔😔

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:50 PM
x_T_x is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x_T_x Click here to Send x_T_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_T_x Add x_T_x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
I can't find it 😢 .. Uhm.. is there any possibility you could send me a link to get it on Apple Music pls or would that involve you having to have Apple Music too? 😔😔

Check this thread: http://pink.shread.net/forum/showth...threadid=193726

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:52 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nique
Double Platinum

quote:
"Yeah I mean if you review music for a living and this has to be explained to you then...best of luck."

What they were trying to say is, if I review music for a living , and that this has to be EXPLAINED to me i.e. Indicating that I was not capable of working it out by myself (which obviously I have done which is why they made this COMMENT) and that I need it EXPLAINED to me?... then BEST OF LUCK.

Lol.

I'm not stupid. I know 'shade' as these youngsters call it when I see it.. 🙄

No. No. No.

I was talking about the reviewers to which you were referring. Isn't that what you said in the first sentence? You read reviews of the song?

Do you drink coffee? It's still kinda early.

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:53 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
But I read it as the person commented on what the previous poster said about th reviewers. I honestly don't think it was addressed to you but to the reviewers who has this as a job and still didn't "get it".

But the person that posted before their comment said the following:

"of course, you're totally right, and anyone who cannot interpret this is either dumb or just malicious. as if P!nk from all people literally wanted to go and play with Barbies lmao they just want to be mean snobs and pick at everything."

And then their comment was directed at me as my first post upon opening of the thread, stated that I had come across certain "reviews". Therefore, them trying to be a smart-a** and mention the word "reviews" and "reading them for a living" - YES hun, it was 100% directed at me! Hahaha 😄 But I honestly don't even care though. I've said what I've said and back to the topic tbh lol x

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:55 PM
x_T_x is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x_T_x Click here to Send x_T_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_T_x Add x_T_x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by nique
No. No. No.

I was talking about the reviewers to which you were referring. Isn't that what you said in the first sentence? You read reviews of the song?

Do you drink coffee? It's still kinda early.

Okay, fair enough.. but what made me feel it wasn't a generalised statement was when you said "..and if you need this explained to you.." (addressing me? since I was the one talking about reviews?) "..then best of luck" (to me)

That's how I interpreted it so if I was wrong then I apologise wholeheartedly.

And no I don't drink coffee. I'm in the UK and it's 4pm. Lol.

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:59 PM
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Check this thread: http://pink.shread.net/forum/showth...threadid=193726

Thank you x a million ! Xx

Old Post 10-16-2017 04:00 PM
nique
Double Platinum

No that was addressed to the people reviewing the song. I would think if they are doing this for a living they would not take it literally and see it as a metaphor. But who knows.

Old Post 10-16-2017 04:39 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
No that was addressed to the people reviewing the song. I would think if they are doing this for a living they would not take it literally and see it as a metaphor. But who knows.

Now that makes PERFECT sense what you just said, and I 100% agree, and once again, apologies for the misinterpretation on my part.

Old Post 10-16-2017 04:42 PM
nique
Double Platinum

No worries.

Now let me listen to Barbies again. I was kind of disappointed when I realized it isn't one of my faves on a superb album. The title alone had me in anticipation.

Old Post 10-16-2017 04:47 PM
N@tasha
Triple Platinum Record Level

Some people haven't heard about metaphor apparently...

Old Post 10-16-2017 05:16 PM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

I know. That stupid ***king review saying if she is gonna make speeches about being androgynous and being p!nk, she cant sing about playing barbies? Oh, so because someone has an open sexuality or is gender fluid or whatever, it means they cant play barbies or sing about it? Its ridiculous and part of the problem. SO many people played with barbies when they were younger, including the douchiest bros. It was a stupid review. Good thread.

Old Post 10-16-2017 05:23 PM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kr@zy4P!nk
Triple Platinum Record Level

Gahh barbies is such a good song. it's grown to be one of my favs on the album now.

Old Post 10-16-2017 05:39 PM
Kr@zy4P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kr@zy4P!nk Click here to Send Kr@zy4P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by Kr@zy4P!nk Add Kr@zy4P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
#P!nkCh!ckey*
Major Label Level

Wow that escalated quickly

Old Post 10-16-2017 06:28 PM
#P!nkCh!ckey* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #P!nkCh!ckey* Click here to Send #P!nkCh!ckey* a Private Message Find more posts by #P!nkCh!ckey* Add #P!nkCh!ckey* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
No worries.

Now let me listen to Barbies again. I was kind of disappointed when I realized it isn't one of my faves on a superb album. The title alone had me in anticipation.

Exactly the same here.. the title had me thinking all sorts; SG part 2, song about her little ones, etc. I had no idea.

But I think the reason I was so pleasantly surprised is because of the arrangement, her vocals (sometimes less is more on a track like this) and most significantly (for me anyway) the lyrics.

Just so beautiful and honest and it just made me cry like the big fat baby I am loool

Would love to hear your thoughts after a few more listens..

Old Post 10-17-2017 09:24 AM