Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Did I just kill my TV?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

Did I just kill my TV?

I need anyone's help.

So as many of you know I recently separated and ended up with one TV. This TV was hanging on the wall in the bedroom. Now I figured lets save some money and not buy a tv for the living room, instead I'm taking this one down and putting it on its "foot" in the living room. So I did and I felt proud for the first time in my life that I managed to do anything that had to do with technology. I screwed the screwers in and then when I was done I turned it on and the only thing I could get from it was the sound. So my question is, is it possible that I kinda stabbed my tv this way with the screwers? I Googled now that my dad said "they must've been too long" and yes they were like twice as long as they should have been and also I apparently used screwers that are made to be in wood and not tv:s, so they are sharppppp. My dad works shift (night) and he can't come to help me now, so I'm looking for help everywhere but I guess no one knows anything. There are geniuses on here and I'm not one of them it seems. I just need to know if this is even possible to do, or did I kill it some other way, or is it not dead at all? I didn't think it was "hard" to screw these in, they kinda just... went in easy. HELP HELP.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2017 06:29 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boink
Triple Platinum Record Level

Hm, if you didn't use the original screws that came with the TV for its stand, it's possible that screws that are too long can damage the board (short circuit). But ususally that would cause some noise and/or smoke & smell.
So if you can operate the TV for testing without the stand, just remove all those screws and try again. Be sure to un-plug the power cord though! If there's any connection of those screws and the board they could be under dangerous voltage.

Old Post 10-16-2017 08:43 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by boink
Hm, if you didn't use the original screws that came with the TV for its stand, it's possible that screws that are too long can damage the board (short circuit). But ususally that would cause some noise and/or smoke & smell.
So if you can operate the TV for testing without the stand, just remove all those screws and try again. Be sure to un-plug the power cord though! If there's any connection of those screws and the board they could be under dangerous voltage.

HOLY ****.

So I probably could have just killed myself. I put in the screwers just to like "clean the ***king hole" while the tv was on, to see if there was anything I could do or see. Oh jesus. I'll leave that for dad to take care of tomorrow. I just I'll probably either end up throwing it from my balcony or I'll just end up killing myself. It's better to just not have a tv I think.

Old Post 10-16-2017 08:45 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boink

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
HOLY ****.

So I probably could have just killed myself. I put in the screwers just to like "clean the ***king hole" while the tv was on, to see if there was anything I could do or see. Oh jesus. I'll leave that for dad to take care of tomorrow. I just I'll probably either end up throwing it from my balcony or I'll just end up killing myself. It's better to just not have a tv I think.

Well, it's always good to keep the original screws, 'cause the stand and the wall mount (probably) use different screws. And all kinds of equipment that runs under 220V/230V should be disconnected before screwing anything.

Old Post 10-16-2017 08:58 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Well, it's always good to keep the original screws, 'cause the stand and the wall mount (probably) use different screws. And all kinds of equipment that runs under 220V/230V should be disconnected before screwing anything.

Okay.

Why does life keep teaching me these frigging lessons the hardest ***king way possible. I'm doneee. Enouuuughhhh.

Old Post 10-16-2017 09:22 PM
» Dani

So an update for those who cares. This is what I did and what made my tv die. But my friend he's gonna take this piece and one more that looks the same and has the same hole in it, out and change it so maybe it'll work again So ya, I killed it with a screw. Dad was like "yeah, but you learn". Yeah dad I keep ***king learning every ***king day all the ***king time. Is it enough soon?

Attachment: 011111.jpg
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

Old Post 10-18-2017 09:13 PM
boink

quote:
So an update for those who cares. This is what I did and what made my tv die. But my friend he's gonna take this piece and one more that looks the same and has the same hole in it, out and change it so maybe it'll work again So ya, I killed it with a screw. Dad was like "yeah, but you learn". Yeah dad I keep ***king learning every ***king day all the ***king time. Is it enough soon?

Well, thanks for the update, and sorry for your loss. Difficult to say whether that's fixable.

Old Post 10-18-2017 09:22 PM
» Dani

quote:
Well, thanks for the update, and sorry for your loss. Difficult to say whether that's fixable.

It's ok. I never really cared about material stuff. I guess that's why I'm so clumsy.

Old Post 10-18-2017 10:10 PM
Black_Keyz

Lol that’s amazing.

Old Post 10-18-2017 11:27 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz
Lol that’s amazing.

Yes. I said I'm going to take those and frame them. They're masterpieces. I don't think it's ever made before. You want one for $425?

Old Post 10-19-2017 12:40 AM
Black_Keyz

I prefer my expensive electronics to be in working order but you should def frame that

Old Post 10-20-2017 01:09 AM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz
I prefer my expensive electronics to be in working order but you should def frame that

$300?

Old Post 10-20-2017 04:03 PM
boink

quote:
$300?

Dani it's a piece of art then, so add some more zeros to that.

Old Post 10-20-2017 04:17 PM
» Dani

quote:
Dani it's a piece of art then, so add some more zeros to that.

You can have it for $30 and sell it for $3000 if you want. Deal?

Old Post 10-20-2017 09:39 PM
» Dani

UPDATE: IT'S ALIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 10-24-2017 04:20 PM