Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Billboard Magazine has 20 pages + coverage of Pink
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
Getting TO vegas would be your main expense Diana.
yes, i'm afraid so. it's so stupid, we don't even have a national airline anymore so i would have to take at least 2 quite expensive connections to go anywhere in the US :S
quote:
Originally posted by Dani
No problem, I get that we're just having a convo and I like it.

Okay, well that is low. It is the same in Bosnia. But food, gas, rent etc is so much cheaper there than in Sweden so all in all in percent we get aalmost as much after we pay our bills, food and everything we need in our daily life (for example gas here is almost 2 euros / liter). Plus they have made the food prices much higher here over a 10 year period without raising our salaries to follow it. It might seem as swedish people are rich and live a wealthy life - they do if they're successful, working 24/7, basically. I'm definitely NOT complaining tho.

The average salary here is good, but we pay 33% in taxes, therefore the high standard. The problem here is that people who don't work get tax money for support for rent, food, etc, so that "everyone's equal" so that no one gets to live on the streets. Which is good of course, until people start abusing it. There are a looot of cheaters here.....

But I agree, the salary in Hungary is crazy low, and I think that the politicians in Bosnia are ***king idiots all of them. That's why my cousins are all over the world. People deserve a better life. I wish everyone had the chance to move if they'd like. Are you thinking about moving somewhere else?

i know what you're saying. i've been lucky enough to travel to a lot of places in Europe and it is true that prices are much higher in Western Europe, let that be accomodation, food, gas, education. of course, what we would consider being wealthy here, is average there. and Swedish people don't complain i think. And you say a lot of people abuse your social redistribution system, which is bad because the whole country cares for people who don't deserve it - Hungary basically should be called Cheatland. we're also ranked very high on lists about corruption around the world. don't even get me started on politicans, i hate all of them, they're all stupid and selfish. plus we're nowhere near being so discrimination-free as you guys are. so all in all, the system's effed up and it's gonna take a while until we climb out of this... and "funny" part is, we're still in a better situation than most countries in the Balkan.

i would like to leave, yes. the thing that was linking me to Hungary was my mom, who's basically my only family but now she's married and lives happily and doesn't need me so much i would be terribly homesick, i know. but Europe attracts me and honestly, you can't aspire to anything big here...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2013 10:25 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
yes, i'm afraid so. it's so stupid, we don't even have a national airline anymore so i would have to take at least 2 quite expensive connections to go anywhere in the US :S
i know what you're saying. i've been lucky enough to travel to a lot of places in Europe and it is true that prices are much higher in Western Europe, let that be accomodation, food, gas, education. of course, what we would consider being wealthy here, is average there. and Swedish people don't complain i think. And you say a lot of people abuse your social redistribution system, which is bad because the whole country cares for people who don't deserve it - Hungary basically should be called Cheatland. we're also ranked very high on lists about corruption around the world. don't even get me started on politicans, i hate all of them, they're all stupid and selfish. plus we're nowhere near being so discrimination-free as you guys are. so all in all, the system's effed up and it's gonna take a while until we climb out of this... and "funny" part is, we're still in a better situation than most countries in the Balkan.

i would like to leave, yes. the thing that was linking me to Hungary was my mom, who's basically my only family but now she's married and lives happily and doesn't need me so much i would be terribly homesick, i know. but Europe attracts me and honestly, you can't aspire to anything big here...

Come to Swedeeeen!

The "fanciest" profession here is law/lawyer. You'd get 10-20 times more monthly salary.

Old Post 12-10-2013 10:38 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Come to Swedeeeen!

The "fanciest" profession here is law/lawyer. You'd get 10-20 times more monthly salary.

oh, that sounds very good. lawyers here are really underappreciated although the fact that it's cooooooooold there is a strong argument

Old Post 12-10-2013 10:43 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:

Fack, it's like you described my country and when you said, "still we are better than the Balkan." I'm like eek, we are that bad.

Old Post 12-10-2013 11:04 AM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by N@tasha
Fack, it's like you described my country and when you said, "still we are better than the Balkan." I'm like eek, we are that bad.
i said "most" no what i really mean is we should still feel priviledged - we're in the EU and all. that's already supposed to be a huge advantage. what i really meant is there's really no difference, even if there should be...

Old Post 12-10-2013 11:06 AM
Dani

quote:
oh, that sounds very good. lawyers here are really underappreciated although the fact that it's cooooooooold there is a strong argument

I know what you mean. My aunt is a judge and she doesn't get much money at all after ALL these years she's worked there. It's so annoying.

It is cooold, but -10 and -30 Celsius feels about the same tbh.

Old Post 12-10-2013 11:11 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
i said "most" no what i really mean is we should still feel priviledged - we're in the EU and all. that's already supposed to be a huge advantage. what i really meant is there's really no difference, even if there should be...
I'm not arguing with facts, i'm just sad that everything you said is true.

Old Post 12-10-2013 12:06 PM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabry

quote:
Originally posted by ShinyToyGun
there's pro's and cons. if your body learns to fight it, it will get stronger. basically the vaccins are preventive in order to avoid epidemics. i heard that somewhere.
oke..I understand that but....there are so Many childdecices (I'm writing that wrong) that are very dangerous for kids..I don't know the English names for them..but I know that one of them can cause many harmful things..and it's not just a cold of the flew..or the chickenpoks..so I really hope she get vaccinated for those..

here in holland there is an outburst of one of those decices and there are children very sick and some of them get brain damage..becous the parents are very strict in there religion so the kids are not vaccinated..

Old Post 12-10-2013 12:55 PM
gabry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabry Click here to Send gabry a Private Message Find more posts by gabry Add gabry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by ShinyToyGun
there's pro's and cons. if your body learns to fight it, it will get stronger. basically the vaccins are preventive in order to avoid epidemics. i heard that somewhere.
yeah. What happens when your body can't fight it?

Yes vaccines are supposed to help avoid epidemics in which people are unable to work and might die. As all medications, they might have side effects. It's really hard to decide whether it's irresponsible to not vaccinate your child... Noone wants them to die either from a disease or the vaccination. I just hope P!nk doesn't believe crap like "vaccinations cause autism" because it's simply not true.

Old Post 12-10-2013 02:00 PM
AlrightSir

99% of the children in developed countries take vaccines and they don't die from that. And only serious ilnessess require vaccines because they are important for your child's health in the future.

It's like not fastening your seatbelt because it might have break your bones and injure you in an accident.

Old Post 12-10-2013 02:47 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vasili82
#1 Video and Single Level

Thank you to those who posted links to the PDF. Very resourceful and generous of you. So proud of Pink and this issue.

Old Post 12-10-2013 02:58 PM
Vasili82 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vasili82 Click here to Send Vasili82 a Private Message Find more posts by Vasili82 Add Vasili82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
!RocKStaR!
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by N@tasha
Will do it now.

Edit: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s3vtcm

Thank you, youre the best

Old Post 12-10-2013 08:03 PM
!RocKStaR! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for !RocKStaR! Click here to Send !RocKStaR! a Private Message Find more posts by !RocKStaR! Add !RocKStaR! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote