Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Tips on good shows to watch!
Pages (51): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nina Myers
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Ooo nice! Thanks

Anna, ive never heard of Fargo! I need to imdb it.

well it was a great Coen brothers movie and they produced the tv series recently.

It's definitely the best show ive seen this year. Trust me i have great tastes!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2014 11:41 PM
 Nina Myers  is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Nina Myers Click here to Send  Nina Myers  a Private Message Find more posts by  Nina Myers Add  Nina Myers  to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

I am just passing by to say ORPHAN BLACK IS DOPE.

Tatiana Maslany deserves some SERIOUS accolades!! So damn talented and i still can't believe how she does it.

The thing i like about her is how humble she is in interviews, you can't really tell it's the same person, primary with Sarah's character and her coolness and next, with all the others bazillion characters she plays. Fack, i love her!

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:10 PM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
I need a new show! Anyone?
Outlander

Last edited by N@tasha on 11-01-2014 at 08:15 PM

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:12 PM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
Originally posted by Nina Myers
Ugh i don't like the girl, and she's pretty much every character so i don't like the show

Watch Fargo, best show this year imo.
Oh, and The Returned (french series), 95% of it is great.

I gave it a shot, thought it's pointless and childish and i was only at the 3rd episode of season 1. It just got better and better, and what Tatiana does after is mind blowing. Just give it some time, finish season 1 and come back here. We'll talk about real talent.

I'm obsessed.

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:14 PM
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by N@tasha
I am just passing by to say ORPHAN BLACK IS DOPE.

Tatiana Maslany deserves some SERIOUS accolades!! So damn talented and i still can't believe how she does it.

The thing i like about her is how humble she is in interviews, you can't really tell it's the same person, primary with Sarah's character and her coolness and next, with all the others bazillion characters she plays. Fack, i love her!

she really is a sweetheart. i wasn't much into season 2 of orphan black, but she still was great. i really hope that season 3 will be as amazing as season 1 again tho.

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:15 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
Originally posted by grenno
she really is a sweetheart. i wasn't much into season 2 of orphan black, but she still was great. i really hope that season 3 will be as amazing as season 1 again tho.
It was obvious nothing could suffice in quality as season 1 did. The originality is not there anymore, they kinda played on the cool card for season 2 and put everything you would actually expect.

But, this show wouldn't really exist without Tatiana and i continued watching season 2 because of her. It didn't disappoint me, i believe they'll try to mix it up and make it even more interesting, but i expected a little downgrade from a show with this kind of limited ability. If you know what i mean, it will get stale because there is not much you can do about the story which gets more and more confusing over time. But it is worth watching mainly because of Tatiana's talent and i really want her to get Golden Globe!!

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:27 PM
grenno

quote:
It was obvious nothing could suffice in quality as season 1 did. The originality is not there anymore, they kinda played on the cool card for season 2 and put everything you would actually expect.

But, this show wouldn't really exist without Tatiana and i continued watching season 2 because of her. It didn't disappoint me, i believe they'll try to mix it up and make it even more interesting, but i expected a little downgrade from a show with this kind of limited ability. If you know what i mean, it will get stale because there is not much you can do about the story which gets more and more confusing over time. But it is worth watching mainly because of Tatiana's talent and i really want her to get Golden Globe!!

oh i don't want to believe they already shot their whole creative ammo!

idk what it was. with season 1, i watched pretty much all episodes a bunch of times. i watched the show when it originally aired and only a handful of people knew about it, so waiting week after week for the next ep annoyed me and after the season was over i did a couple of rewatches with family and friends to get them into the show as well. it never lost its magic.

season 2 i only watched once through and then never again. there was just something about it that didn't draw me in like season 1 did. i don't think it was that season 1 was brandnew and fresh, but something about the writing, i think. it felt more like a caricature of itself than a progression IMO (much like season 2 of girls). it's just the charm seemed gone and it was much more action-oriented than anything else, unfortunately. and the worst: i didn't care for cosima at all :/ after her blood coughing and her "delphine, i'm sick" confession in season one, i was like "NOOOOOOO COSIMA!!"... but throughout season 2 i just cared less and less.

wow, this is looong. anyway, i can't wait for season 3 and see where they take things. and if it sucks even more, at least we have tatiana maslany!

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:41 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
oh i don't want to believe they already shot their whole creative ammo!

idk what it was. with season 1, i watched pretty much all episodes a bunch of times. i watched the show when it originally aired and only a handful of people knew about it, so waiting week after week for the next ep annoyed me and after the season was over i did a couple of rewatches with family and friends to get them into the show as well. it never lost its magic.

season 2 i only watched once through and then never again. there was just something about it that didn't draw me in like season 1 did. i don't think it was that season 1 was brandnew and fresh, but something about the writing, i think. it felt more like a caricature of itself than a progression IMO (much like season 2 of girls). it's just the charm seemed gone and it was much more action-oriented than anything else, unfortunately. and the worst: i didn't care for cosima at all :/ after her blood coughing and her "delphine, i'm sick" confession in season one, i was like "NOOOOOOO COSIMA!!"... but throughout season 2 i just cared less and less.

wow, this is looong. anyway, i can't wait for season 3 and see where they take things. and if it sucks even more, at least we have tatiana maslany!

Get what you mean, but the thought of not having Cosima was killing me.

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:50 PM
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Nina Myers
well it was a great Coen brothers movie and they produced the tv series recently.

It's definitely the best show ive seen this year. Trust me i have great tastes!

Seen three episodes, it's okay

Old Post 11-03-2014 09:29 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Outlander

Why?

Old Post 11-03-2014 09:30 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
Why?
It's from a woman's perspective, it's based on a best selling book, the sex scenes will make your abdomen roll over, hot guys, nice haunting story that will make you want MORE! It's sci-fi, i don't know if you like that genre, but it's not some unreal sh&t.. it's an actual real story with depth. I'm gonna compare it to the sci-fi in Orphan Black, same level.

And there are only 8 episodes until april when the 1st season continues... why oh why

Old Post 11-04-2014 08:42 AM
N@tasha

Btw guys, can you tell me what to watch after Maslany's impressive acting? The series has it's flaws, i'm aware of that, but that girl can really act her arse off.
I can't stop obsessing over her and to think she topped Bryan Cranston for me, i never thought it could be possible.

What other show is worth watching based on acting alone, or drama elements like in Orphan Black?

Old Post 11-04-2014 09:15 AM
grenno

so excited for the new season of the fall and the second half of season 5 of covert affairs

Old Post 11-04-2014 10:20 AM
N@tasha

quote:
so excited for the new season of the fall and the second half of season 5 of covert affairs
Should i give it a shot?

It's rating on imdb is not so good.

Old Post 11-04-2014 10:40 AM
grenno

quote:
Should i give it a shot?

It's rating on imdb is not so good.

which one? the fall? it's incredible. but if you're more into fast-paced things, it could get boring, i assume. i love its pace and direction. it's an adult-oriented show (so nothing for ADHD kiddies). the acting is good (i love gillian anderson) and the story is really suspenseful and kinda somber. there are many facets to it (feminism, family life, the situation in ireland, etc.) next to the whole crime/thriller aspect.

covert affairs is an espionage show. i started watching from when it originally aired just for fun. the first two seasons are kinda guilty pleasure, but since the last couple of seasons it's actually gotten really good and more mature, and i'm glad i haven't given up on it. and i love that they actually shoot on location (since season 2, i think?) when annie has a mission in paris or south america, or wherever!

Old Post 11-04-2014 11:08 AM