Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > the thinking thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (639): « First ... « 626 627 [628] 629 630 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
boink
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
I try to be open minded..... And be open to other cultures..... But a coworker, Whos Filipino, brought in a Balut for me to try and eat.... Ughhhh. Nooooo....
I need to go hide in a dark corner and cry now.
No amount of hot sauce helped.

Ewww, indeed no, just no.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-29-2016 09:26 AM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
I try to be open minded..... And be open to other cultures..... But a coworker, Whos Filipino, brought in a Balut for me to try and eat.... Ughhhh. Nooooo....

okay so i had no idea what that is and i had to google it and i almost threw up on my keyboard. ewwww no way.

Old Post 11-29-2016 10:32 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir

Oh my!!! It's so disgusting!

I would try it tho

Old Post 11-29-2016 04:41 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:

Sick.

Old Post 11-29-2016 07:21 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

Not gonna ask. Not gonna Google

Old Post 11-30-2016 06:24 AM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Hung out with my sister last night, which doesn't get to happen all too often. We both work a lot. Plus she has two kids which is also time consuming. Its just rare that we happen to have free time that syncs up.
Anyway, I had tried to surprise her by getting us tickets to a to see Elle King (one of her favorite artists). The event was a "private event" put on by delta airlines but since I fly with them all the time I got the email announcing it and was able to get tix.
I was super proud of myself for getting the tix and thought that itd be really cool to surprise my sister like that.
Turns out that through a string of her coworkers, somebody got her a pair of tickets as well, for her and her new girlfriend. It kind of bummed me out a little bit, because it seemed like it would be taking away a fun oppertunity for me and my sister to just hang out.
So now I had an extra ticket and felt like I'd almost be a tag along / 5th wheel to my sister and her girlfriend.
I ended put finding a friend to come with me last min, and figured my sister would kind of wanna be with her girlfriend and do their own thing away from me.
Turns out it wasnt like that at all. We all had fun together and the four of us all hung out and i have to say, it was soooo awesome to see my sister so happy.
Most of her past boyfriends were dicks. But this girl seems really sweet. And seeing my sister get a huge smile on her face made me happy.

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:10 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

I don't so much believe in praying....
Not to a God...
Not to say I don't believe in a God, I really don't know WHAT I believe at all.
HOWEVER
IF there is a God, I don't believe that getting down on your knees and speaking to this being would produce any sort of results. I don't think a God would do something just because you asked.
I don't think the universe works like that.

Now, I do think that while praying doesn't do anything in the sense of God. I think praying does something in the sense of self.
And perhaps "praying" isn't actually the word I mean.
I've never been a religious person. Not raised to any sort of religion. Never had to go to a church. But I have prayed, you know, in times of real desperation, sorrow, or fear I've done it.
And while I don't think there was anybody listening I think the act itself can be calming.

I think its the talking to YOURSELF that does it.
In your own moments of anxiety taking that deep breath and telling yourself out loud "hey, everything is going to be alright"

I talk to myself,
Sing to myself.
Sometimes I even send myself private messages on here (not really, but I may start)

I dunno.

Talk out loud to yourself. I think its beneficial. :]

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:47 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
I don't so much believe in praying....
Not to a God...
Not to say I don't believe in a God, I really don't know WHAT I believe at all.
HOWEVER
IF there is a God, I don't believe that getting down on your knees and speaking to this being would produce any sort of results. I don't think a God would do something just because you asked.
I don't think the universe works like that.

Now, I do think that while praying doesn't do anything in the sense of God. I think praying does something in the sense of self.
And perhaps "praying" isn't actually the word I mean.
I've never been a religious person. Not raised to any sort of religion. Never had to go to a church. But I have prayed, you know, in times of real desperation, sorrow, or fear I've done it.
And while I don't think there was anybody listening I think the act itself can be calming.

I think its the talking to YOURSELF that does it.
In your own moments of anxiety taking that deep breath and telling yourself out loud "hey, everything is going to be alright"

I talk to myself,
Sing to myself.
Sometimes I even send myself private messages on here (not really, but I may start)

I dunno.

Talk out loud to yourself. I think its beneficial. :]

Yes. I relate to every word.

Im my best therapist, i get myself through both rough and good times.

Conversations to an "imaginary friend" are very useful to understand yourself.

Old Post 12-02-2016 06:15 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

The more you have, the more you take for granted...
So as things disappear, break, turn to sand, whatever, the more you appreciate whats still there.
I don't know if I care to fix things or try to relocate them.
Some things are done.
Sometimes things go bad.
No need to drink expired milk and make yourself sick.
Milks gross anyway.

Old Post 12-06-2016 12:44 PM
boink

quote:
So as things disappear, break, turn to sand, whatever, the more you appreciate whats still there.
Some things are done.
Sometimes things go bad.
Milks gross anyway.

You ok?

Old Post 12-06-2016 01:02 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by boink
You ok?

Yah. Always.
Danke.

You have a rad screen name, by the way.

Old Post 12-06-2016 11:09 PM
boink

quote:
Yah. Always.
Danke.

You have a rad screen name, by the way.

Good to hear.

You think so? On a second thought I was afraid it wasn't that funny as I thought initially, but now with the board mods/admins gone, I don't dare to even ask anyone to change it anyway.

Old Post 12-13-2016 12:45 PM
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by boink
Good to hear.

You think so? On a second thought I was afraid it wasn't that funny as I thought initially, but now with the board mods/admins gone, I don't dare to even ask anyone to change it anyway.

What do you want me to change it to? ***ker?

Old Post 12-17-2016 01:17 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Some things are done.
Sometimes things go bad.
Milks gross anyway.

Cheer up mate! Life's ****! It's no news.

Old Post 12-17-2016 01:18 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Cheer up mate! Life's ****! It's no news.

You sound, in my head, Aussie now...
That whole thing - Australian accent.
I appreciate it though.

Old Post 12-18-2016 12:07 AM