Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Pinkspage.com / Forum FAQ > Moderators
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Secret Agent
Administrator

Moderators

This is to answer the MANY questions I get about moderators and being a moderator.

Does being a moderator mean you get to meet pink?

Answer: No

How do you become a moderator?

Well, thankfully we don't need many moderators. The moderator we have with the exception of the two administrators was chosen based on her maturity and decision making skills, in addition to a long standing relationship with P!nk's management. It is a role that is taken very seriously and bears much responsibility in that a moderator has access to editing posts and impacting accounts.

Will we be adding more moderators and can I be one please please please???

We may be adding more moderators in the future, but they will be chosen from the same criteria. SPELLING is important and the ability to make level headed decisions and to exercise comments with restraint, maturity and fairness. Please do not ASK to be a moderator. It isn't a role that is doled out to people that post a lot. Being a moderator means deleting inappropriate posts. Moving posts to the right category and banning offensive posters. It is an administrative function, and carries no glamour or glory.

Do I know P!nk.

Yes, but we don't sit around and smack gum, paint our nails and talk about boys or anything. I am responsible for making this web site what she wants it to be, and that is a job that I not only do because I think she is very cool and I admire and respect her as a person, but also because this is my expertise and I enjoy doing it. I take this responsbility seriously because this site is an extension of her- and that means that it needs to meet the standards that are important to her as an artist. She wanted the site to have jokes. She wanted it to be fun. She wanted there to be an area where people could learn to stand up for meaningful causes. We all have the opportunity to really participate via the message board and that was her idea. You don't need to be a moderator to play an important role. Just post and be yourself.

secret agent

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2003 02:57 AM
Secret Agent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Secret Agent Click here to Send Secret Agent a Private Message Visit Secret Agent's homepage! Find more posts by Secret Agent Add Secret Agent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote