Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > Lets get this straight.... Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fantasiap!nk
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Moan Alecia
Not banned...U just cant say is as its sensitive on the board
The F word is an international swear word!
Damn is specific to a religious group (which in fact U know I belong too ) and as this group has no religious boundaries I can not and do not have the right to ban people for saying that word....

yeh i understand the damn thing but not the wt f thing...i personally think we shud be allowed to say that as its not swearin and i wudnt see it as offence

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2004 12:42 AM
fantasiap!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fantasiap!nk Click here to Send fantasiap!nk a Private Message Visit fantasiap!nk's homepage! Find more posts by fantasiap!nk Add fantasiap!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkisItalian

quote:
Not banned...U just cant say is as its sensitive on the board ( I consider what the ... to be a misdemeanor!)
The F word is an international swear word!
Damn is specific to a religious group (which in fact U know I belong too ) and as this group has no religious boundaries I can not and do not have the right to ban people for saying that word....

I know hun

Old Post 06-19-2004 12:45 AM
PinkisItalian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkisItalian Click here to Send PinkisItalian a Private Message Find more posts by PinkisItalian Add PinkisItalian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by renee
And editing!

Right!

Old Post 06-19-2004 12:48 AM
Moan Alecia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moan Alecia Click here to Send Moan Alecia a Private Message Visit Moan Alecia's homepage! Find more posts by Moan Alecia Add Moan Alecia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by fantasiap!nk
yeh i understand the damn thing but not the wt f thing...i personally think we shud be allowed to say that as its not swearin and i wudnt see it as offence

I thought so too, but admin censored it out so I guess there point is clear and their word is final!

Old Post 06-19-2004 12:48 AM
Moan Alecia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moan Alecia Click here to Send Moan Alecia a Private Message Visit Moan Alecia's homepage! Find more posts by Moan Alecia Add Moan Alecia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wee_pinky
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
U can not swap letters round is swiear words.....the What the___ expression cannot be used..."What the...." is more appropriate....U shouldnt use arse and feck but I wont ban u for it but if theres a rule for no swearing Id hope everyone would respect that fact and watch what they say....as with OMFG Im not gonna ban people for saying that! and I have no time to edit the F out of the amount of times it said, however it would be nice if people on hear were actually respectful and did things out of there own accord...

the board is sensitive to most swear words, but that doesnt mean they should be used....the word of the day and the whole time EVER is RESPECT too many people have a lack of it!!

sorry, but i just noticed the bit about swapping letters. If we can't swap letters around, why can you say "ish"? isn't that just "*****" but with the letters swapped and one letter missing? kind of like "fck"? i know i'm sounding argumentative here, but i'm just interested in what's acceptable.

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:01 AM
wee_pinky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wee_pinky Click here to Send wee_pinky a Private Message Find more posts by wee_pinky Add wee_pinky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
natlit
2nd Grammy Level

ok

ok no probs

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:05 AM
natlit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natlit Click here to Send natlit a Private Message Visit natlit's homepage! Find more posts by natlit Add natlit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by wee_pinky
sorry, but i just noticed the bit about swapping letters. If we can't swap letters around, why can you say "ish"? isn't that just "*****" but with the letters swapped and one letter missing? kind of like "fck"? i know i'm sounding argumentative here, but i'm just interested in what's acceptable.

Nope!....Ish is Ish!
its another form of the word it often replaces but its not a swear word...swapping the letters round in other swear words dont and havent created words that people use is everyday life.....Ish was not created by me in swapping letters and removing one...its something that is said all over on TV...if there was a replacement word for F that was exceptable then that would be fine, but too my knowledge there isnt!
Also its way to close to the actual word....I'll except Itchbay as a replacement word but any others just dont and havent worked

Please except and respect the decision of the admin and mods, they have been laid out for a reason and not just to make everyones life hell!!

Last edited by Moan Alecia on 06-19-2004 at 01:09 AM

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:06 AM
PinkRaider
#1 Single Level

people people....its not a big deal if you can't cuss. like Mona Alecia stated...no cussing. No abbreviation of a cuss word and no taking out letters...thats about the same as abbreviation. Just hold your tounge...or shall I say fingers. I am really suprised that we are allowed to use 'damn' because here in the US it is known as a cuss word. Do little kids use that word in the UK?? I was just wondering...

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:09 AM
PinkRaider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkRaider Click here to Send PinkRaider a Private Message Visit PinkRaider's homepage! Find more posts by PinkRaider Add PinkRaider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wee_pinky
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
Nope!....Ish is Ish!
its another form of the word it often replaces but its not a swear word...swapping the letters round is other swear words dont and havent created words.....Ish was not created by me in swapping letters and removing one...its something that is said all over on TV...if there was a replacement word for F that was exceptable then that would be fine, but too my knowledge there isnt!

OK,I promise this is my last post here, but firstly i've never heard of "ish" and secondly, what about "feck" as a replacement for "fck"?! it's been on the telly! ok, i'm done being argumentative now, sorry if i was annoying!

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:10 AM
wee_pinky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wee_pinky Click here to Send wee_pinky a Private Message Find more posts by wee_pinky Add wee_pinky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by PinkRaider
Do little kids use that word in the UK?? I was just wondering...

Yes and no!...the UK is far more liberal...but anyways all the cuss words that are banned have been censored out by Admin ( who are American! ) but I think thats because of its religious background, but not 100% sure....either way...its down to the individuals respect for others on this board!

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:13 AM
PinkRaider
#1 Single Level

oh ok..thats cool. I was just wondering. I like learning the things that are different between the US and the UK. =o) Thanks.

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:15 AM
PinkRaider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkRaider Click here to Send PinkRaider a Private Message Visit PinkRaider's homepage! Find more posts by PinkRaider Add PinkRaider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by wee_pinky
OK,I promise this is my last post here, but firstly i've never heard of "ish" and secondly, what about "feck" as a replacement for "fck"?! it's been on the telly! ok, i'm done being argumentative now, sorry if i was annoying!

Again that is way to close to the real thing!
I usually use the words frig/freak and I thought everyone knew the word ish...I guess as its a major part of my vocab ( I dont usually swear in normal life inless Im drunk or angry!...my mum swears more than me! ) but thats personal choice, I understand on here its not...but again, I like to think everyone respects there fellow members enough to appreciate swearing can and usually will cause offense!

Old Post 06-19-2004 01:17 AM
P!NKSB*TCH
MixTape Level

so does that mean ill be banned from this board cause my name is P!NKSB*TCH ??? when we all know what that stands for....

Old Post 06-19-2004 05:25 AM
P!NKSB*TCH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P!NKSB*TCH Click here to Send P!NKSB*TCH a Private Message Visit P!NKSB*TCH's homepage! Find more posts by P!NKSB*TCH Add P!NKSB*TCH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This Miss

so, if it isn't censored out, than it's not a swear word that could get you banned, right?

Old Post 06-19-2004 05:44 AM
This Miss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for This Miss Click here to Send This Miss a Private Message Visit This Miss's homepage! Find more posts by This Miss Add This Miss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Max
#1 Single Level

I can't sleep but I'm still tired so I might write something dumb... anyway, I was just thinking that instead of using the swear word that starts with S, people should just say 'poopy-plops.'

Old Post 06-19-2004 05:51 AM
Max is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Max Click here to Send Max a Private Message Find more posts by Max Add Max to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote