Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma (title track) is releasing tomorrow sep 29th
Pages (13): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dani

My other ex took down the door from a cabinet just because I always kept it open (and other doors ) when I was getting ready and it annoyed him so much and I said I'll try to remember then I forgot again and again and one day he took it down and made me sleep with it the whole night

Oh Jesus.

I get her though. It's just all love in the end but it's just two very stubborn people trying to make it work

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2017 08:40 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackrosefore
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
My other ex took down the door from a cabinet just because I always kept it open (and other doors ) when I was getting ready and it annoyed him so much and I said I'll try to remember then I forgot again and again and one day he took it down and made me sleep with it the whole night

Oh Jesus.

I get her though. It's just all love in the end but it's just two very stubborn people trying to make it work

Well...not to sound like I am prying into your life, Dani... but did I get this right? One of your exes literally made you sleep with a cabinet door because you forgot to shut it? He was THAT annoyed?

OKkkkkaaaaaay. I'm glad you LOST that dude. Just saying.

Old Post 09-28-2017 09:53 PM
blackrosefore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackrosefore Click here to Send blackrosefore a Private Message Find more posts by blackrosefore Add blackrosefore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

People getting annoyed at people not being so into this song: i think none of us wanted or even expected fckin Avril Lavigne. After WAU i think it was easy to expect something more mature and darker. I love Chaos and Piss. I love Waiting for Love. I love When We're Through. I adore Family Portrait. I just love the raw and genuine emotion she puts through in these songs and that is what i want/expect from her. So to call this "teenager whining" is offensive tbh so please just try to accept that we are all entitled to our opinions and we are here to share it. It is okay to agree, okay to disagree but please just stop getting personal and let's just respect each other's opinion.

Old Post 09-28-2017 10:14 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackrosefore

And onto the actual purpose of this thread...

I'll tell you about Pink album music from years of listening to her.

I've never "liked" most of the tracks on I'm Not Dead. I skip most of that entire album. I listen to Stupid Girls, Who Knew, and Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely). The rest... has not appealed to me... and I have waited 11 YEARS for it to appeal to me... It still doesn't.

I'm Not Dead is my least favorite Pink album.

I didn't like "Sober" off of Funhouse, either, and I still don't... It's a bland song to me. Being so drunk that you're unable to face real life without booze has never been part of my life experience. I'm not an alcoholic.

So... I can remember when The Truth About Love was released, and nearly everyone around here HATED True Love (that track), and that was basically ( besides her cover of Try and the b-side Timebomb) one of the only tracks I ever had on repeat out of the entire TTAL album. I BLASTED that track in the parking garage while in grad school, not caring who was around. Every radio station played Adele.

Pink can write knee-breaking, tear inducing, sob-fest songs. I've heard them for years. I don't mind if she "decides" the "heck with it" and wants to have fun with her lyrics and her sound. The last time she did that, in my opinion, was with Try This---way back in 2003, when she WASN'T BEING PUNISHED by the American music industry yet. After she was punished by "said industry," Pink left the U.S. and became a massive hit overseas and in Australia.

Thanks to the people who only love those sad songs from Pink, and not bouncy music... Pink didn't make too many bouncy songs at all. So I've ended up having to wait for the "experimental" side of Pink to return.

Beautiful Trauma is probably a better written version of "I Can't Help It." Mainstream media probably doesn't even know that "I Can't Help It" exists. Am I disappointed that the "history" of the song Beautiful Trauma is the same... and the lyrics are similar to I Can't Help it? No, not really. Those events were part of Pink's life. Pink had to "play" to the whims of her fanbase, and to larger American audiences who only wanted her to release breakup songs or political songs. Why, after having two children, and releasing 7 prior studio albums, can't Pink sing happier tunes? I get that she has always had the love-hate thing with Carey, and has lost friends and relationships throughout her life... But it's her life!!!! Cut her some slack, please.

I loved her experimental album with Dallas Green. You ALL want something different from Pink. Yes. We each have a PART of her, that SAW US, and IMPACTED our lives, and LEFT US forever GRATEFUL to her.

But asking that Pink make everybody happy, with infighting starting on a forum thread--- right before the release of another major studio album-- I think is highly counterproductive.

If you like this song, you like it. If you don't like this song, you don't like it. Drop the issue!!!! Please just don't go jump down each others' throats about "what is missing" in Pink's newly released track, or "whose perspective is better."

This thread was SUPPOSED to make me happy, and galvanize me after a long, brutal day. It was supposed to make excited about NEW MUSIC.

Now... thanks to reading this entire thread, I maybe shouldn't have dropped by....

Last edited by blackrosefore on 09-28-2017 at 10:48 PM

Old Post 09-28-2017 10:29 PM
blackrosefore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackrosefore Click here to Send blackrosefore a Private Message Find more posts by blackrosefore Add blackrosefore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supervinreturns
#1 Video and Single Level

There'll never be a song that everyone will love. And even if you love it now because it's new that might change in a year from now. It doesn't really matter.

For example Just Give Me A Reason was very much loved by the general public and a huge hit, but I never liked it that much. I easily pick Family Portrait over it and that was by far not as successful. But she needs the huge hits every now and then and even when they're not really my thing I don't mind, because other people do love those songs and that's good for them.

Just imagine being a Christina Aguilera fan. She has problems scoring hits and it's been a long time since she released a song/an album. They're around for about the same period, but we were lucky enough to place our bets on the right horse (sorry P!nk).

So the conclusion is that I'm happy we'll soon have another album full of songs. And there's 13 songs, so there's a good change that there'll be at least one song that you'll really love. Hopefully more of couse

Old Post 09-28-2017 10:50 PM
supervinreturns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supervinreturns Click here to Send supervinreturns a Private Message Find more posts by supervinreturns Add supervinreturns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
U + Ur Hand

Love love love the new Sound,! So excited for the Album! Shes at Her best right now!

Old Post 09-28-2017 10:59 PM
U + Ur Hand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for U + Ur Hand Click here to Send U + Ur Hand a Private Message Find more posts by U + Ur Hand Add U + Ur Hand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackrosefore

quote:
Originally posted by supervinreturns

For example Just Give Me A Reason was very much loved by the general public and a huge hit, but I never liked it that much. I easily pick Family Portrait over it and that was by far not as successful. But she needs the huge hits every now and then and even when they're not really my thing I don't mind, because other people do love those songs and that's good for them.

[/B]

This is HOW I FEEL about the song Beautiful Trauma. If it is a "hit" with mainstream audiences, then I think-- that's WONDERFUL.

I don't have to be "satisfied" with every song Pink sings. I don't have to tell others "what I think is better." Loving every song is a tall order, and I am just as human as Pink is.

Old Post 09-28-2017 11:01 PM
skye
World Tour Level

Lol sitting here laughing at all the comments in this thread! see this is why I know I can always rely on popping back past this forum when something new is going on! There's no BS of kissing p!nks A%* just cause we know that's what she wants to hear, it's honest opinions from real fans.

Old Post 09-28-2017 11:08 PM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
<3P!nk
2nd Grammy Level

I can agree with a lot of the comments here. I don't dislike the song, is it a favourite? No. Do I find myself with it stuck in my head.
No, but I think that's because it's not what I expected, again not a bad thing,

For me, personally, i expected this song to more about the idea of different trauma and how it can be beautiful and embracedand about more concepts, maybe similar or lane to are we all we are / raise your glass, and maybe because I'm really loving pinks rockier sounds at the moment (I fell back in love with try this). But I think once we see more visuals, hear it live and hear it in context to the album etc I will love it.

Old Post 09-28-2017 11:11 PM
<3P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for <3P!nk Click here to Send <3P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by <3P!nk Add <3P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skye
World Tour Level

....& onto the whole "fire stating, tire slashing" thing, I'm starting to think although pink laughs about it, it was obviously a very traumatic moment for her. So although some are thinking it's childish to her it's actualy a really serious "trauma" she went through.

Old Post 09-28-2017 11:20 PM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_O(+>_
Needs Rehab Level

"I love you so much I want to set you on fire, to show you how hot you are!"

Old Post 09-28-2017 11:40 PM
_O(+>_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _O(+>_ Click here to Send _O(+>_ a Private Message Visit _O(+>_'s homepage! Find more posts by _O(+>_ Add _O(+>_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skye
World Tour Level

quote:
Originally posted by _O(+>_
"I love you so much I want to set you on fire, to show you how hot you are!"

LOL

Old Post 09-29-2017 02:16 AM
dfantasy
World Tour Level

I just wish she would move on from the Carey songs. Or at least please let this be the only Carey song on the album. I like the music though.

Even her tweet made it sound like it was a "life" song.

Now I'm banking all my hope on that gospel with Billy Mann. Please don't let it be about Carey.

Old Post 09-29-2017 03:51 AM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by blackrosefore
Well...not to sound like I am prying into your life, Dani... but did I get this right? One of your exes literally made you sleep with a cabinet door because you forgot to shut it? He was THAT annoyed?

OKkkkkaaaaaay. I'm glad you LOST that dude. Just saying.

Hahah it's ok to ask. I shared

Well he said the cabinet door was gonna sleep on his side of the bed cause he slept on the sofa that night, so I had no choice. It was all laughs and fun though. We were like 12 years old sometimes. Both of us.

Yah I dropped him cause of other reasons but that's another story

Old Post 09-29-2017 05:19 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by blackrosefore
This thread was SUPPOSED to make me happy, and galvanize me after a long, brutal day. It was supposed to make excited about NEW MUSIC.

Now... thanks to reading this entire thread, I maybe shouldn't have dropped by....

All people express themselves differently and that will always be the case. In the end, you're in charge of how you react on things around you. And that reaction is what triggers your mood and view on things.

I have read all comments on here and I see where everyone's coming from, honestly. But in the end no matter what people write and think, it's all about what feeling I have and what my own opinions are. I love this song, it's not mouth dropping or my favorite, but it's good, fun and Pink. I want her to stay true to herself, do what she wants and what she thinks she's best at. If she continues with that I will continue listening to her music.

Old Post 09-29-2017 05:47 AM