Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > ET Canada: "You Get My Love" is the next single
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hookedonspice
Triple Platinum Record Level

ET Canada: "You Get My Love" is the next single

ET Canada excerpt:

“This time …your voice changes a little bit, too; I think my voice got clearer,” she says, explaining that she thinks her best vocal performance, for new single “You Get My Love,” was during her second pregnancy.

“I think I’ll probably never sing that way again,” she says. “It’s probably the best vocal I’ve done in my life. It’s all down to Jameson,” she jokes. “There wasn’t much room, so it all had to come out.”

Full article here

I would be surprised if this is real, but it's worth posting! I would've thought she'd preview the second single at the Beautiful Trauma live show and she didn't perform YGML. The song is also over 5 minutes in duration, which is a tough pill to swallow for radios.

Maybe that's what she meant by "it will be a shocker"? The vocals?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2017 01:30 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Maybe they meant the new album?

Old Post 09-17-2017 01:44 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Maybe they meant the new album?

I have my doubts as well, but it's too specific to be a typo. The host from 2Day FM also raved about the last two tracks, which include YGML.

"Make sure you download this album, it's a f***ing treat. The last two vocals on that album gave me goosebumps".

Video here: Em & P!nk kickin' it on stage in LA!

It's a strong possibility at this point, but let's see what happens!

Old Post 09-17-2017 01:57 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

I hope so. I haven't heard the song, but it seems Revenge wasn't as well received during the LA gig as the other songs and was never mentioned by any of the interviewers as a highlight. I Am Here, You Get My Love and Beautiful Trauma were the ones most talked about.

Since YGML also seems to be dear to her heart and pretty much kicked off the album (along with WHCBB) it really should be her next single as it's also a vocal highlight. Revenge might be a fun Max Martin song (= easy choice for radio/single material), but I hope she goes for something with more substance.

I hope ET Canada is right, but she said herself that she doesn't want to be too sad and serious with this album so I guess she'll go with easy digestible than grandness after WAU.

Old Post 09-17-2017 02:42 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

Theres always a radio edit for radio.

We shall see. I like not knowing where this is going. M!ssundaztood days. ❤

Old Post 09-17-2017 04:36 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supervinreturns
#1 Video and Single Level

I personally rather see her shine with an impressive vocal performance on a proper song than that I see her shock everyone with a mediocre song you wouldn't expect from her. Of course I didn't hear anything yet, so it's hard to judge (impossible of course), but from the tiny bit of stuff I heard I just very much hope they won't pick Revenge as the next single. I'm sure it can be a nice album track, but I think there's better single material on the album. Well, it's up to them, but I hope they at least listen to the reactions of the people who actually listened to the songs.

Old Post 09-17-2017 09:46 PM
supervinreturns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supervinreturns Click here to Send supervinreturns a Private Message Find more posts by supervinreturns Add supervinreturns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nique
Double Platinum

The last song on the album is the next single?

Ok.

Old Post 09-18-2017 12:22 AM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

I've seen so many instances over the years where the writer would use the word "single" when really they just mean "a song on the album"

If the vocals really are that good, I wouldn't mind it as a single. She's spend 17 years releasing hits, often the worst songs on their respective albums and then we wonder why people are still surprised that she can sing or why they don't her seriously as an artist.

So if it means less commercial success to open some eyes, ears and hearts, I'm all for it

Old Post 09-18-2017 07:43 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
p!nksson
#1 Video and Single Level

She needs to spill the beans soon! I'm so curious and i SO SO SO want new music! <3

Old Post 09-20-2017 08:44 AM
p!nksson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p!nksson Click here to Send p!nksson a Private Message Find more posts by p!nksson Add p!nksson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ninx<3

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz

So if it means less commercial success to open some eyes, ears and hearts, I'm all for it

Couldn't agree more.

Old Post 09-20-2017 08:05 PM
Ninx<3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ninx<3 Click here to Send Ninx<3 a Private Message Visit Ninx<3's homepage! Find more posts by Ninx<3 Add Ninx<3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Ninx<3
Couldn't agree more.

Same here. It's time for that imo.

Old Post 09-20-2017 08:32 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

I want a fun, quick single I can dance and go crazy to.....

Love 'What About Us' but that isn't the song for being drunk and high and just having fun

Old Post 09-21-2017 01:00 AM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz
I've seen so many instances over the years where the writer would use the word "single" when really they just mean "a song on the album"

If the vocals really are that good, I wouldn't mind it as a single. She's spend 17 years releasing hits, often the worst songs on their respective albums and then we wonder why people are still surprised that she can sing or why they don't her seriously as an artist.

♡♡♡

Old Post 09-21-2017 07:01 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote