Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Your soundtrack / playlist / mixtape.....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Your soundtrack / playlist / mixtape.....

Whatchu got?
It'd take me a while to think of mine,
Something like 15-20 songs that kind of define you, or bring you to a special place or just **** you can listen over and over and over and never get tired of.

Ill put mine together tonight.
Just wanted to start the thread so I aouldnt forget.

Curious to see what you all come up with.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-03-2017 08:42 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

Not all of these songs are my favorites but, they pretty much sum up my life/feelings from the past 16 months til today and I like to listen to them cause they make me feel better, haha. I'd add Free with Pink at the end but it's not on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/user/justd...YhCPK9iwihHY7rO

Old Post 09-03-2017 10:02 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Maaaaaan. I started typing some of mine out last night.... Fell asleep, and now it's gone. Oh well. My list is pretty incomplete, I will add to it as I think of things.
Here is a starter list:

Soul Asylum "Runaway Train"
(This song I picked, not for the song itself, but for memories associated with it. When this song came out, we heard it over and over and over and over. :| it was during a time when things weren't really the best, but we as kids: my brother, sister and I still managed to be kids. We still had fun. And for me the song kind of symbolizes just taking what you get and making he best of it. I play this song fairly often and people don't get my love for it. Again, it's not for the song itself, not for the lyrics, it's not for anything really. BUT when it comes down to it, I do think it's a good song. People say it's lame. That they lyrics are nothin special and that its just kind of an example of crap early 90's alternative rock. I disagree. I love everything about it. Plus it's one of the few songs I think I can actually do a decent job at for karaoke.)

Run DMC "Rock Box"
(probably my favorite rap track of all time. I love old school style raps, and Run DMC were some of the best at it. They never tried to act cool, they just had it. Lyrics to me like "Snap your fingers and clap your hands, our DJ's better than all these bands", just being straight up knowing how sharp they were when he world wasn't really ready for it. They were groundbreakers. Also I think this is the first rap track to feature rock guitars. It never gets old to me.)

Blues Traveler "Hook"
(A song about a song. A song about nothing, but somehow summarizes everything. John Poppers voice is amazing and somehow he makes harmonica super cool. It makes me wish I could play. John Popper wasn't know as being a great physical beauty, but with songs like this, I say he's a ***kin' stud. Also the little rap breakdown added in, I love it.)

Everlast "Dirty"
(one of my favorite musicians EVER. He can do so many different styles. He has really evolved over the years to being almost a Johnny Cash / Tom Waits. I love everything he puts out. But this has always been one of my favorites. The song is a little dark, but also beautiful.
Everlast over the years also has been big behind C.F. research and pushing to find a cure. His daughter was diagnosed with C.F., and I understand a lot of what he's going through, my best friend as a child, Andy, died due to complications associated with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 15.... I know this should effect my view on him as a musician, but it brings me closer to him as a person.
This song itself though I feel I'll always love. Love the way it's composed.
But realistically I feel like I could any Everlast song in this list. )

Danny Boone "I'm Me"
(A long time friend of mine, Danny Boone aka REHAB. I have admired him as a poet, singer, songwriter and over the years come to know him as one of my best friends. This song doesn't display his best songwriting, but it is more of a tongue in cheek song about being yourself, being a badass and being ok with being grimey and gritty. I got a tattoo of this in Germany a few years back. "I'm me" on the inside of my arm.)

TLC "What About Your Friends"
(who doesn't love TLC? I love this track. It's fun. It's colorful. It's 90's. A song about friendship and who sticks by your side. All this is super important to me. I don't know where I'd be without the amazing friendships I have in my life. This song is so fun. <3)

Fiona Apple "Waltz (Better Than Fine)"
(again, as I said with Everlast, where I could pick any of his songs for the list. I feel that way with Fiona. She is a brilliant wordsmith and poet. Kanye West at one point before he was the Super Kanye Kanye we know today said that he wished he could be the male equivalent of Fiona Apple. She has a way with words. This song is far from her most complex. It's not the most fun, but it's important to me. It's ok to be yourself. It's ok to do nothing. It's ok to take the world in and not worry about appeasing everybody else. You can be ok. And when you aren't Ok, you have the power to make yourself ok again.
I saw Fiona Apple a few years ago in Portland. The first stop of her tour. She has always been know to be a little crazy. And this show was her return after a bit of a hiatus. The show was going amazing. Until a person in the crowd decided to shout out comments "Get healthy, Fiona, we wanna see you in ten years" followed by "I saw you in 2000 and you were beautiful then"..... Fiona has struggled with eating disorders and has been criticized for her appearance. It's not ok to pick people apart like this. It brought Fiona to tears. She almost walked off stage. She didn't finish the concert. Instead she just did one song to end the night, this song, crying the whole time. I think it was her way of dealing. To make herself ok again. I need that in my life)

Ehhhh. I will keep adding more later. This is a starter. Be ready for edits to add more :]

Old Post 09-04-2017 10:11 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno
Triple Platinum Record Level

https://8tracks.com/instantsoup

I made 24 playlists a while ago for a few years. Just cause, lol

Old Post 09-04-2017 10:51 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote