Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > long way 2 happy
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Originally posted by CrazySometh!ng
I don't really get your point...Why do you thik that the stuff Pink talks about in LWTH hasn't happened to her personally? Just read through the bit of the seventeen mag interview. There Pink clearly said that she had her fair share of that as well. And when asked if she wants to go into detail with that she declined. So WHAT makes you think that she doesn't talk/sing about personal experience there???

But let me just say that Pink is so 100% right with what she said why she thinks it happens so much especially to young girls/women...cause we all just want to be loved...

yer. im askin the same thing 2bh.

shes not just gonna come out and say something that personal is she?
my god. think.
why would she say it that straight out.
she wouldn't.
shes open.
but as you hear in her songs.
she still hides stuff. x

its one thing to just mention slightly or whatever that shes been abused or hurt.
bt to say you've had that happen to you.
is another thing.
i mean - what if people close to her dont know
and then she just goes tells half the world.
i think not.
x

Last edited by Hollie on 01-13-2008 at 10:36 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-13-2008 10:34 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NateLovesPink
Banned

Do u remember P!nk talking about how I`m not dead is the most personal album that she ever made. Well i think that all her songs are somehow for her and from her personal experience. Even if i don`t like this to be true, maybe that happened to her too, cuz sexual abuse is all around us...However she is a strong woman and i love her for that, she is my angel!

Old Post 01-13-2008 10:35 PM
NateLovesPink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NateLovesPink Click here to Send NateLovesPink a Private Message Visit NateLovesPink's homepage! Find more posts by NateLovesPink Add NateLovesPink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
caitywait
2nd Grammy Level

i think its just awsome that she is able to sing about it and she wouldnt have felt comfortable putting it on the album if she hadnt dealt with it properly. although by putting it on the album, she is gonna get people asking questions about it, whether she likes it or not and i'm sure she was fully aware of that.

Old Post 01-14-2008 02:30 AM
caitywait is offline Click Here to See the Profile for caitywait Click here to Send caitywait a Private Message Find more posts by caitywait Add caitywait to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tanz11
Top 100 Charts Level

ooo thanx for that interview awwwww she said our secret gig in dingwalls was her fav intimate gig god ya gotta love her shes something special

Old Post 01-14-2008 08:20 AM
tanz11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tanz11 Click here to Send tanz11 a Private Message Find more posts by tanz11 Add tanz11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
caitywait
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by CrazySometh!ng
FINALLY. I'm sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy it. If anyone wants to, I can upload her performance of LWTH as well. Just let me know.

There you go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHV1RW5E

is this interview on youtube? had a quick look but no luck. I'm not able to download from megaupload as my internet too slow

Old Post 01-14-2008 08:53 AM
caitywait is offline Click Here to See the Profile for caitywait Click here to Send caitywait a Private Message Find more posts by caitywait Add caitywait to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kruemel88w
World Tour Level

in the flash mob interview (at 7:45-8:00 min) she says that "long way to happy" was a part of her life when she was 13 and that she finally finished it.

Old Post 01-14-2008 07:01 PM
kruemel88w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kruemel88w Click here to Send kruemel88w a Private Message Visit kruemel88w's homepage! Find more posts by kruemel88w Add kruemel88w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng
Triple Platinum Record Level

To be honest, it doesn't really matter whether Pink talks about personal experience there or not, does it? And it's actually quite bizzare that we are starting to speculate if Pink has been raped/sexually abused or not.
The song is powerful regardless and it was a courageous think to do, to put LWTH on the album. It just happens to so many girls/women and even boys all around the world, and yet it is still such a taboo.
So the only thing that really matters is, that somebody out there will relate to it and will get help by the song in some way.

Old Post 01-14-2008 09:37 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote