Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > long way 2 happy
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CrazySometh!ng
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by gabry
sexual abuse?
like rape???
or more like she was only used for sex....
I'm getting very confused

Who knows...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2008 04:24 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabry

quote:
Originally posted by CrazySometh!ng
Who knows...
not one of them I hope

Old Post 01-12-2008 05:41 PM
gabry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabry Click here to Send gabry a Private Message Find more posts by gabry Add gabry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabry

quote:
Originally posted by caitywait
i think its a song that relates to any type of sexual abuse, but we'll never know for sure unless someone asks her lol
I hope not one of it

Old Post 01-12-2008 05:41 PM
gabry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabry Click here to Send gabry a Private Message Find more posts by gabry Add gabry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
I hope not one of it

i still stick by what i said basically...

Old Post 01-12-2008 07:39 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
not one of them I hope

Of course! The songs is surely not about bees, rainbows and flowers.
Pink had a tough life, so it is definitely not that digressive that "it" could have happened to her.

Old Post 01-12-2008 08:34 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Of course! The songs is surely not about bees, rainbows and flowers.
Pink had a tough life, so it is definitely not that digressive that "it" could have happened to her.

exactly.
they should read my posts.
becus i think i talk sense in what i said... 2bf

Old Post 01-12-2008 08:58 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snowgo

quote:
I hope not one of it

hah.. it's like saying this is a tree, but i'll call it car ...
it's evident that UNFORTUNATELX, IT HAS HAPPENED...
but...
FORTUNEATELY, SHE IS P!NK... SO SHE HAD THE "POWER" TO GO ON...

Old Post 01-12-2008 09:04 PM
snowgo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snowgo Click here to Send snowgo a Private Message Visit snowgo's homepage! Find more posts by snowgo Add snowgo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhoKnew16
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
o ok lol.
thank you so much.]
youre so kind. x
and ye. also what hints me to that.
is surely if you've watched flashmob.
when she sings long way to happy...
its very powerful.
which is majority of the reason as to why she didnt sing it at every concert i think.
simply because it takes her so much to sing it.
vocal and emotional wise if you understand that.
but in the flashmob concert.
as she sings; 'trying to cover up the damage and pad out all the bruises...'
when she gets to; 'too young to know i had it, so it didnt hurt to lose it...'
she grabs the crotch of her dress.
and really looks emotional.
throughout the whole song really.
so - watch it if you havent.
you'll see what i mean when i say this.
did anyone else notice that?
'cos 2bf - i think that clip says it all.
and explains EXACTLY why she wrote the song.
cus to feel that - at 13. remember she originally wrote the poem when she was 13...
so you know - for a 13 year old to write something that powerful.
i feel she has to have felt something that powerful.
both herself. and through people close to her...
i dunno - thats my opinion - correct me if im wrong.
xxxxx

wow, i just watched that video for the first time and i dont think i've ever seen her with such raw emotion before. its so moving to see somebody like that who really is effected by what they're writing. i loved it.

Old Post 01-13-2008 05:05 PM
WhoKnew16 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WhoKnew16 Click here to Send WhoKnew16 a Private Message Find more posts by WhoKnew16 Add WhoKnew16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snowgo

quote:
Originally posted by WhoKnew16
wow, i just watched that video for the first time and i dont think i've ever seen her with such raw emotion before. its so moving to see somebody like that who really is effected by what they're writing. i loved it.

**agrees that she "lives everything 2 times", when she sings... and it's awesome.. it's not just writing something to get money... it's singing with pasison, with heart**

Old Post 01-13-2008 05:10 PM
snowgo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snowgo Click here to Send snowgo a Private Message Visit snowgo's homepage! Find more posts by snowgo Add snowgo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
Originally posted by snowgo
**agrees that she "lives everything 2 times", when she sings... and it's awesome.. it's not just writing something to get money... it's singing with pasison, with heart**

You can clearly see that Pink doesn't do this for the fame or the money. Though it must be satisfying in some to way to earn money with the crap that you have been through.

Old Post 01-13-2008 07:15 PM
snowgo

quote:
You can clearly see that Pink doesn't do this for the fame or the money. Though it must be satisfying in some to way to earn money with the crap that you have been through.

i think that being like her and having tour of almost 2 years, and singing and doing shows like she does totally and obviously proves she loves her work... and it's not only a money question. look at a concert of gwen stefany.. how she's coldith her fans etc...

p!nk loves us XD

well yeah loving ur job and gettin payed back, but in many ways... i think that all the love that we spread it's "another payement back for what she gives us"

Old Post 01-13-2008 07:17 PM
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
Originally posted by snowgo
i think that being like her and having tour of almost 2 years, and singing and doing shows like she does totally and obviously proves she loves her work... and it's not only a money question. look at a concert of gwen stefany.. how she's coldith her fans etc...

p!nk loves us XD

well yeah loving ur job and gettin payed back, but in many ways... i think that all the love that we spread it's "another payement back for what she gives us"

Gwen Stefani seems to have quite some fn as well, actually. Not everyone wears his heart on his sleeve, you know...Just cause people don't show their emotions, doesn't mean they don't have any.

Old Post 01-13-2008 08:54 PM
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Gwen Stefani seems to have quite some fn as well, actually. Not everyone wears his heart on his sleeve, you know...Just cause people don't show their emotions, doesn't mean they don't have any.

yeah. i like gwen.
wen she was here.
she jumped off stage and ran through the crowd at every show

Old Post 01-13-2008 09:52 PM
Ingrid

quote:
Originally posted by unique_jana2
referring to the interviews posted above I don't think she was raped I think it was some friend of her, because she said she's seen life getting torn, but isn't really afraid to say she had an abusive bf, so if it was her, I bet she'd tell
but still I never really got myself to thinking what that song is about, now that I know the direction, I love it even more than before...and once more it just proves that each song of her has a meaning and that you can make beautiful music with that. to those saying you can't give a deep meaning to every song you write, well that's just an excuse for them to say they lack of talent

110 % agree

Old Post 01-13-2008 10:03 PM
Ingrid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ingrid Click here to Send Ingrid a Private Message Find more posts by Ingrid Add Ingrid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
Originally posted by unique_jana2
referring to the interviews posted above I don't think she was raped I think it was some friend of her, because she said she's seen life getting torn, but isn't really afraid to say she had an abusive bf, so if it was her, I bet she'd tell
but still I never really got myself to thinking what that song is about, now that I know the direction, I love it even more than before...and once more it just proves that each song of her has a meaning and that you can make beautiful music with that. to those saying you can't give a deep meaning to every song you write, well that's just an excuse for them to say they lack of talent

I don't really get your point...Why do you thik that the stuff Pink talks about in LWTH hasn't happened to her personally? Just read through the bit of the seventeen mag interview. There Pink clearly said that she had her fair share of that as well. And when asked if she wants to go into detail with that she declined. So WHAT makes you think that she doesn't talk/sing about personal experience there???

But let me just say that Pink is so 100% right with what she said why she thinks it happens so much especially to young girls/women...cause we all just want to be loved...

Old Post 01-13-2008 10:16 PM