Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma - Information/anticipation thread
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hookedonspice
Triple Platinum Record Level

Beautiful Trauma - Information/anticipation thread

I will be updating this thread will all relevant information that comes up!

BEAUTIFUL TRAUMA
Release date: Friday, October 13th 2017
Formats: Digital, CD and LP
Barcode: 88985474692 [CD]
Barcode: 88985474691 [LP]

Tracks:

1. Beautiful Trauma (4:10)
Written by Alecia Moore, Jack Antonoff

2. Revenge [ft. Eminem] (3:46)
Writing credits N/A

3. Whatever You Want (4:02)
Writing credits N/A

4. What About Us (4:29)
Written by Alecia Moore, Steve Mac, Johnny McDaid

5. But We Lost It (3:27)
Writing credits N/A

6. Barbies (3:43)
Written by Alecia Moore, Julia Michaels

7. Where We Go (4:27)
Written by Alecia Moore, Greg Kurstin

8. For Now (3:36)
Writing credits N/A

9. Secrets (3:30)
Writing credits N/A

10. Better Life (3:20)
Writing credits N/A

11. I Am Here (4:06)
Written by Alecia Moore, William Hort Mann (Billy Mann), Christian Medice

12. Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken (3:21)
Writing credits N/A

13. You Get My Love (5:11)
Writing credits N/A

Collaborators confirmed from press release:

• Max Martin
• Shellback
• busbee
• Julia Michaels
• Steve Mac
• Billy Mann
• Johnny McDaid
• Jack Antonoff
• Tobias Jesso Jr.

Random Facts:

• Revenge features Eminem, confirmed by NY Times.

• Revenge video: An elaborate music video shoot for the song the day after dinner, which included around 20 enormous, bloody eyeballs hanging from the ceiling of the Los Angeles Theater, also recalled the MTV glory days. “Everybody needs to gain 10 pounds to be in this video,” Pink, in classic form, told her backup performers upon seeing them in costume.

• We have some new info from the description on a Taiwanese site: http://www.5music.com.tw/CDList-C.asp?cdno=438465678890

- Beautiful Trauma is full or rhythm, melody, rock, hip hop and strings, it's a mix and match, with enjoyable arrangement.

- But We Lost It is a piano-only accompanied song.

- Barbies is a simple, touching moment filled with folk guitars and chords, a return to childhood purity.

- For Now is "popular rock", whatever that means!

- Secrets is an "overwhelming" dance track.

- Better Life is a hearty combination of hip hop and soul.

- You Get My Love is an emotional surging lyrical essay.

• Stormzy confirmed Barbies was written with Julia Michaels.

• Em Rusciano: I Am Here confirmed as the Billy Mann track with the 30 piece choir.

• EW: On the album: "There was no other goal than to not have an album full of slow, sad songs, because that's all I had for a while. And I just wanted to record better than I have ever before. I've never been that great of a recorder, I've always been better live."

• EW: Jack Antonoff is the producer of the "anthemtic" title track, Beautiful Trauma. "I love Jack. I had worked with Nate Ruess from fun., and I just love JAck's full thing: this quirky Bruce Springsteen-loving rad New Jersey dude. He's so lovable. I thought we might have together and I was right."

• BTLive 6/9: She wrote "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken" for the movie Suffragette, but she convinced director NOT to use it because she thought movie shouldn't have pop music anywhere near it. She saved the song for the album instead. Source: User on Facebook.

• BTLive 6/9: There's a rap song on the album. Edit: It's "Revenge". Source: ATRL

• Pink at the VMAs backstage on what fans can expect from the new album: "Oohhh a little of this, a little of... it's a mixed bag of emotions. Some of the best vocals I've ever done in my life, some of the funniest songs I've done in my life and some of the most serious songs I've ever done in my life."

• Billy Mann dropped one hint about the still-secretly-titled song he produced when he adds, “there’s the coda at the end of the track that’s just Pink and the choir, which is very moving and immensely soulful.” And totally Philly to boot. “You can take the girl out of Philly,” says Mann, “you can’t take Philly out of the girl.” - The article also mention that the song is uptempo. Source

• Julia Michaels: "She's really down to earth. When you're with her you realize everything she writes and sings is who she is," says Michaels of teaming with P!nk. "[The songs we wrote] were inspired by her personal experiences. I basically sit there and just stare at her the whole time because I'm in awe," she adds, laughing. "And when she goes on the mic, her voice is undeniable." [Billboard]

• busbee: Writer-producer busbee, who co-wrote "Try" on P!nk's last album, worked with her on a similarly emotional song for the new LP. "I was playing this beautiful ballad-y thing on the piano, and she brought out these lyrics – verse after verse was incredible. It was like throwing logs on that creative spark," busbee says. "It was truly glorious. She's so focused and crazy talented." [Billboard]

• Pink on Heat Radio when asked about possible collaborations: "There's a cou- there's a very special collaboration". She won't reveal the artist, but we know it's a male artist.

• Pink said on Heart radio UK (16/8): "Really excited about the second single, it's gonna be a shocker for people. It's important to be serious and it's really important not to be. I have a sick sense of humor and it's only getting sicker."

• Pink said she's been working on the album for 4 years, and it's the first time she's had creative space without a deadline to collaborate with people she normally wouldn't have the time to collaborate with.

• Pink said she wrote over 50 songs for the album.

• When announcing the album via social media, she said she was "certifiably, insanely proud of this album."

• A song titled "We Could Have It All", written by Pink, Beck & Greg Kurstin was registered a while back on BMI. It is a possibility that it was renamed to "But We Lost It", but it is not confirmed.

Photography: Ryan Aylsworth
Design: SMOG

Amazon pre-order links:

USA: Explicit - Clean - Vinyl

UK: Explicit - Clean (import) - Vinyl

Germany: Explicit - Vinyl

What About Us
CD single
Release date: August 18th 2017
Barcode: 88985481122

Tracklist:
1. What About Us (Main Version)
2. What About Us (Instrumental)

You can order the physical CD single for What About Us here: Amazon - Grooves Inc. - JPC

Last edited by hookedonspice on 10-08-2017 at 09:24 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-15-2017 09:03 AM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

Awesome! Thanks for doing this So much easier to keep on track with the upcoming announcements regarding the album!

I'm excited!

Old Post 08-15-2017 12:45 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

You're welcome! "I Am Here" was registered yesterday on BMI so I was excited to share the songwriting credits!

Old Post 08-15-2017 01:28 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danni-D123
Top 100 Charts Level

Thank you! 😍

Old Post 08-15-2017 02:13 PM
Danni-D123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danni-D123 Click here to Send Danni-D123 a Private Message Find more posts by Danni-D123 Add Danni-D123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by hookedonspice
You're welcome! "I Am Here" was registered yesterday on BMI so I was excited to share the songwriting credits!

Nice! Thank you

I wonder what other producers are gonna pop up since she was able to work with people she wouldn't have had time for otherwise. For now the producers listed seem all RCA delegated. I am sure (well, mostly hope ) there gonna be some surprises!

And maybe one of those songs is the one she did with Billy Joel!

Old Post 08-15-2017 03:13 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

Thank you!!!

Old Post 08-16-2017 04:56 AM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

CD single tracklist confirmed by JPC. Unfortunately, there is no b-side, it's only the main version and instrumental.

Main post updated.

Old Post 08-16-2017 08:46 AM
unchaudbaise
Major Label Level

quote:
CD single tracklist confirmed by JPC. Unfortunately, there is no b-side, it's only the main version and instrumental.

Main post updated.

What a bummer!

Old Post 08-17-2017 06:50 AM
unchaudbaise is offline Click Here to See the Profile for unchaudbaise Click here to Send unchaudbaise a Private Message Find more posts by unchaudbaise Add unchaudbaise to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

Updated with running time for each track!

Old Post 08-17-2017 08:01 AM
p!nksson
#1 Video and Single Level

quote:

DARN! Barbies is only 2.51, its probably an awesome song because the best songs are usually short hahah

Old Post 08-17-2017 08:22 AM
p!nksson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p!nksson Click here to Send p!nksson a Private Message Find more posts by p!nksson Add p!nksson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CLD

Doing the Lordt's work. Thank you!!

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:00 PM
CLD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLD Click here to Send CLD a Private Message Find more posts by CLD Add CLD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:

Oh! Nice! Where did you find the running times?

You Get My Love (5:18) might be the new Waiting for Love (5:27)

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:39 PM
HipHopper716
World Tour Level

Thank you so much for doing this!!!!

Old Post 08-17-2017 06:56 PM
HipHopper716 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HipHopper716 Click here to Send HipHopper716 a Private Message Find more posts by HipHopper716 Add HipHopper716 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkHistory
Underground Label Level

does anyone think there will be any bundles released? like the album + vinyl + something else (like an exclusive gift or something)?

I'm not pre-ordering just incase something like this is released. TBH I don't think i'll pre-order anyway, I'd rather head into town and buy it from the shops like the good old days

Old Post 08-18-2017 10:16 AM
PinkHistory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkHistory Click here to Send PinkHistory a Private Message Visit PinkHistory's homepage! Find more posts by PinkHistory Add PinkHistory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by PinkHistory
does anyone think there will be any bundles released? like the album + vinyl + something else (like an exclusive gift or something)?

I'm not pre-ordering just incase something like this is released. TBH I don't think i'll pre-order anyway, I'd rather head into town and buy it from the shops like the good old days

Same here

Old Post 08-18-2017 10:19 AM