Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma (title track) is releasing tomorrow sep 29th
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

Ok mybe I should add that my Spotify is set to 12 seconds tone out / overlap thing, maybe that's why

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2017 04:40 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

The lyrics are childish and the melody is so messy. It keeps changing, the song holds back when you expect it to blow up and vica versa. The production is great and suits her voice but overally it's really forgettable.

My main problem is the lyrical content. It's not up to her standards, it's like I Can't Help It. Really corny.

"We were on fire
I slashed your tires"

Old Post 09-28-2017 04:50 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

I could listen as a never ending song 😍

Old Post 09-28-2017 04:51 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nique
Double Platinum

But isn't that what happened?

They were drunk. The house caught fire and she slashed his tires and ended up in the ER or something.

Old Post 09-28-2017 05:03 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
I could listen as a never ending song 😍

Try it!!! It's too funny. I can't tell where it is in the song except when I hear the tyres line, haha. I donno if that's good or bad though? 😂

Old Post 09-28-2017 05:04 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by hookedonspice
Anyone notice how it ends abruptly with a "turntable losing power" effect? makes me think Revenge is connected to it, no gap between the tracks.

I like when albums do that

Old Post 09-28-2017 05:07 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skye
World Tour Level

I LOVE IT!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Old Post 09-28-2017 05:56 PM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
The lyrics are childish and the melody is so messy. It keeps changing, the song holds back when you expect it to blow up and vica versa. The production is great and suits her voice but overally it's really forgettable.

My main problem is the lyrical content. It's not up to her standards, it's like I Can't Help It. Really corny.

"We were on fire
I slashed your tires"

But, like..... its true though.
So I don't think its corny.
Like..... if it was made up, it seems like you could say that, but shes just being honest with everything.

I dunno.
I like it.

The song can be simple and messy and beautiful.

And that is also like, what the song is about.
Doesn't have to be a masterpiece, it can be a fist in the wall.

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:00 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

By the way, im not calling the song messy or simple.
The comment was in regards to people who say it is.

I love it

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:05 PM
» Dani

Lyrics update Anna:

We were on fire
I slashed your tires
It's like we burned so bright, we burned out
I made you chase me
I wasn't that friendly
My love, my drug, we're ***ked up, oh

'Cause I've been on the run so long, they can't find me
You waken up to remember I'm pretty
And when the chemicals leave my body
Yeah, they're gonna find me in a hotel lobby
'Cause
Times they keep coming, all night
Laughing and ***king
Some days I can barely breathe
After we were high on the love
Don't doubt it was you

The pill I keep taking
The nightmare I'm waking
There's nothing, no nothing, nothing but you
My perfect rock bottom
My beautiful trauma
My love, my love, my drug, oh

My love, my love, my love, my drug, oh
My love, my love, my drug, we're ***ked up

You punched a hole in the wall and I framed it
I wish I could feel things like you
Everyone's chasing that holy feeling
And if we don't stay lit we'll blow out
Blow out

'Cause we've been on the run so long they can't find us
Who's gonna have to die to remind us
That it feels like we chose this blindly
Now I'm gonna ***k up a hotel lobby
'Cause
Times they keep coming, last night
I might've messed it up again
Some days I can barely breathe
But after we were high on the love
Don't doubt it was you

The pill I keep taking
The nightmare I'm waking
My perfect rock bottom
My beautiful trauma

My love, my love, my drug, we're ***ked up

(hands up)
Times they keep coming, all night
Laughing and ***king
Somedays I can barely breath
After we were high on the love
Don't doubt it was you

The pill I keep taking
The nightmare I'm waking
My perfect rock bottom
My beautiful trauma

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:06 PM
Nicotine.Head

I listened to it twice and don't really feel like putting it on again.

It feels super cheesy to me. I'm not fond of the positive cheerful melody because it feels forced. To me, it's a "meh".

I was expecting something as great as WAU. But I'm really glad the GP loves it.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:26 PM
Nicotine.Head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nicotine.Head Click here to Send Nicotine.Head a Private Message Find more posts by Nicotine.Head Add Nicotine.Head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HipHopper716
Major Label Level

Ya ya ya, she has to be serious al the f-ing time, she needs to inspire the world and wake the f people up.

She can't have fun, cos she is the Saint right?

Btw, I like this song, I always like her funny songs, cos sometimes life is too hard, and I just need a room to breathe, and no thanks to those brain dead teen pop music. Beautiful Trauma happens to cheer me up and remind me life has ups and downs, so it inspired me somehow.

Ya, not her best song, but so what? Can't we just simply enjoy the song? She doesn't NEED to outdid herself like.... every song right?

I have faith in this album. I really do.

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:28 PM
HipHopper716 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HipHopper716 Click here to Send HipHopper716 a Private Message Find more posts by HipHopper716 Add HipHopper716 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

I love that we have different opinions on things! That's the way it should be. She can't please everyone all the time!

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:37 PM
hookedonspice

It has marinated for a couple of hours with me. Verdict? Nice album track. I pray to all higher powers that this is not a single.

I had a little higher expectations from the buzz around this song after the Apple Music show, so I feel ever so slightly let down.

I don’t like Jack Antonoff’s production on the vocals at all. It is his signature EQing of the vocals to give it that small-room-echo, which is a shame because she sounds great, but the damn post on the vocals ruined it for me.

Maybe they were going for the whole ride of ups and downs in a relationship mirrored with the instrumental kicking in and then slowing down, but I do wish the chorus had the same umph as the prechorus.

The positive thing about it is that people are responding to it very well, so we have a wider spectrum of potential album buyers and listeners!

I will probably end up loving it down the line, but for now, it’s cute. Bring on Revenge!

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:39 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by nique
But isn't that what happened?

They were drunk. The house caught fire and she slashed his tires and ended up in the ER or something.

that was 2 separate things. Once they were having sex and she burnt something in the owen (TT era) and then it was around Thanksgiving before they broke up when she slashed Carey's tires and needed to get stiches

Edit: Hmm or maybe you're right. I just didnt remember this story started with fire too http://popcrush.com/pink-slashing-t...uran-interview/

I just feel like i've heard this story too many times to hear it in another song too

Last edited by purple18 on 09-28-2017 at 06:47 PM

Old Post 09-28-2017 06:44 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote