Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Official "What About Us" Remixes EP on Friday, 15/9/2017
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by hookedonspice
Apple Music is a streaming service much like Spotify, but it functions out of the music app on your phone/Apple TV and on iTunes on your computer.

You can download songs for offline use and you can play them without being connected to the internet provided that your account is valid.

I have Apple Music and use it to stream songs I am curious to hear/probably wouldn't spend money on. I like it very much because I use it at work and when I'm on the go.

The popularity of streaming services is what killed sales (and especially digital sales). Back in 2008, you needed approx 250,000-300,000 to be #1 on the US Digital Chart. Now, anywhere from 60,000-70,000 is enough depending on the week.

It also killed album sales across, especially in the UK with #1 albums selling less than 5,000 copies a week but with streaming factored in, can reach up to 13,000-14,000.

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the days of physical releases only. The rush of removing the shrinkwrap and looking through the booklet on your first listen...

So it is the same as Spotify. Spotify has the offline thing as well as the phone apps and tv apps. I've had Spotify since 2008 (it's swedish so we were first to get it here and I loved it and had it from day 1).

I thought Apple music was like iTunes music stuff, you got copies of CD:s and mp3 downloads of your choice each month if you pay a certain amount each month. That's why I've been confused and trying to understand it. Don't see any point in Apple having a similar service as Spotify. Two "hot/hip" brands like they both are should cooperate and not be rivals Can't believe they don't see the value in working together instead.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2017 09:05 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

Apple Music is 10$ a month and you can download whatever album or songs in the Apple library (which is basically every song ever) straight to your phone (or whatever) through the iCloud which then adds the music automatically to your laptop and Apple TV and whatever else.

So instead of paying 10$ for one album you want, you pay 10$ a month and can download whatever the ***k you want unlimited. It's a great deal for people like me who download like 3 albums and/or 30 songs or more a month.

Old Post 09-20-2017 09:40 AM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
Apple Music is 10$ a month and you can download whatever album or songs in the Apple library (which is basically every song ever) straight to your phone (or whatever) through the iCloud which then adds the music automatically to your laptop and Apple TV and whatever else.

So instead of paying 10$ for one album you want, you pay 10$ a month and can download whatever the ***k you want unlimited. It's a great deal for people like me who download like 3 albums and/or 30 songs or more a month.

I’m on a student plan so I only pay 4.99 a month. Spotify has the same deal. I use Apple Music instead of Spotify (I only have Spotify because my friend needed it so I made an account for him but he got back with his bf so he doesn’t need it now so I just kept it to help WAU) since Apple Music is so much better when you’re in the Apple ecosystem.

Old Post 09-20-2017 06:27 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!
Triple Platinum Record Level

Can you dl actual files from apple music? Or is it a cache/offline type thing like spotify where you can play the songs wiithout wifi or data?

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 09-21-2017 at 12:16 AM

Old Post 09-20-2017 09:44 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by 1'n'onlyMrPINK!
Can you dl actual files from apple music? Or is it a cache/offline type thing like spotify where you can play the songs wiithout wifi or data?

Pretty sure you can't download the actual music. It's through iCloud. As soon as you cancel your subscription, all the music disappears.

Old Post 09-21-2017 08:39 AM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ILPINK
Platinum Level

I bought all the 4 Remixes on amazon. I love them all

Old Post 09-21-2017 03:36 PM
ILPINK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ILPINK Click here to Send ILPINK a Private Message Find more posts by ILPINK Add ILPINK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
Pretty sure you can't download the actual music. It's through iCloud. As soon as you cancel your subscription, all the music disappears.
Ok cool. So essentially Spotify, just Apples version. Thanks.

Old Post 09-21-2017 04:19 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Thanks for clearing it up guys!

Old Post 09-21-2017 04:55 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote