Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Official "What About Us" Remixes EP on Friday, 15/9/2017
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
M*A*X*IT
Triple Platinum Record Level

why don't you just chill out, seriously
no one is forcing you to buy anything on here nor even tell you how to live your life.

odai just suggested that if you want to buy those remixes to support her, the song and give it the chance to climb charts, buying separate songs instead of whole ep would count more for charts, that's all.

what's the problem with this forum lately, we're 10 people on here and we're just talking, about p!nk in the easy, light, soft, kind, funny ways possible... but it seems everyone gets offended for something, it seems you can't say that she performed a song or suggest to buy a remix to support her if you want.

come on guys, relax, seriously.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:03 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
I said because I have Apple Music, I'm technically not buying her new album. Because you get everything you want on Apple Music for paying 10$ a month.

Also, what's with some of you people and demanding people spend so much money on P!nk. Sorry, love the woman, but my own expenses come first. I can barely afford to live but you guys expect me to buy every single thing she releases, including, remixes, singles, albums, blah blah? No. Not all of us can do that and not all of us want to spend money on the same thing over and over again. Respect other people wishes.

You spending money on the same song but 4 different remixes doesn't mean you're a bigger fan so quit trying to dictate how we show our love and support on here.

I get your frustration. The way its written, it does seem kind of telling us what to do, but I think Odai was just being assumptive, excited, and wants to support our girl. I think some forget a lot P!nk fans aren't wealthy, and cant spend lots of money on their fav artist. Some fans will buy anything and everything (including multiple copies of something...you cant take it when you die ), some buy some stuff, some buy nothing. Theres no rule for fans, but I think if you love something and someone enough, you should support them..especially their album/project...but I understand if you cant afford it. I listen to mostly everything on Spotify, but I purchase a physical copy if I truly love it and want to have a keep sake. If it's an album I enjoy, but dont care to have a physical copy, Ill usualy buy it digitally, but everything else is streamed. Some artists I LOVE but I wont pre-order or buy without listening first, P!nk is different for me cause I usually like her albums, plus Im a superfan. Until that day comes where I dont like something she puts out, Ill stop buying in advance or at all.

I buy her albums and first singles, never a single after purchasing the album. I USED to buy physical singles when I was younger and didnt really value my money (no insult to those who do), and just wanted to buy everything P!nk. Now I buy mags that I truly love, her albums, and I go to her concerts if I can afford it and I can buy them when they go on sale. It has to be something I really want for me to spend my money.

I did not buy the remix bundle, nor will I, because I dont really like any of them, and dont want one song repeating five times when I put my purchased songs on shuffle.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 09-19-2017 at 06:31 PM

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:23 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
I said because I have Apple Music, I'm technically not buying her new album. Because you get everything you want on Apple Music for paying 10$ a month.

Also, what's with some of you people and demanding people spend so much money on P!nk. Sorry, love the woman, but my own expenses come first. I can barely afford to live but you guys expect me to buy every single thing she releases, including, remixes, singles, albums, blah blah? No. Not all of us can do that and not all of us want to spend money on the same thing over and over again. Respect other people wishes.

You spending money on the same song but 4 different remixes doesn't mean you're a bigger fan so quit trying to dictate how we show our love and support on here.

Why are you defending yourself? No need to do that

I just asked cause I wanted to understand you.

Do what you want spend how much you want but if people on here want to buy the same single 10 times it's nothing weird. Just saying.

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:28 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

I dont know if its defense necessarily, or just them wanting to state their opinion about the thread and posts within.

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:30 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
it seems you can't say that she performed a song or suggest to buy a remix to support her if you want.

come on guys, relax, seriously.

Peformed a song? The info was LEAKED from the event and then spread here. Dont get it twisted. You guys did what wasnt supposed to be done. Dont turn that around on us, just cause you dont want to admit it.

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:33 PM
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by 1'n'onlyMrPINK!
I dont know if its defense necessarily, or just them wanting to state their opinion about the thread and posts within.

Whatever. I just think it wasn't necessary with that reaction, brining up money, lifestyle, "big fan", more love - ****. Odai isn't and can't force anyone to do anything. He just said that it helped and encouraged people to buy them to support sales. Nothing weird. I asked if he isn't getting the physical album even though he has Apple Music. That's all. I felt that he was upset in his post and I just think it wasn't necessary because no one meant anything mean/bad.

I have Spotify, which is just like Apple Music apparently (?) and I don't think it's weird to buy her physical album casue that's what I've always done and always will. It's my personal decision and my way to support her. Makes me no more of a fan than anyone else. But I still don't think it's something that is weird either. I save and I spend it on her. My decision and my priorirt. Just like his not to. It's all individual.

X

✌️❤️

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:39 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Whatever. I just think it wasn't necessary with that reaction, brining up money, lifestyle, "big fan", more love - ****. Odai isn't and can't force anyone to do anything. He just said that it helped and encouraged people to buy them to support sales. Nothing weird. I asked if he isn't getting the physical album even though he has Apple Music. That's all. I felt that he was upset in his post and I just think it wasn't necessary because no one meant anything mean/bad.

I have Spotify, which is just like Apple Music apparently (?) and I don't think it's weird to buy her physical album casue that's what I've always done and always will. It's my personal decision and my way to support her. Makes me no more of a fan than anyone else. But I still don't think it's something that is weird either. I save and I spend it on her. My decision and my priorirt. Just like his not to. It's all individual.

X

✌️❤️

Im playing devils advocate here:

"Make sure to download each track separately and stream them as much as possible! All of this counts towards the charts for What About Us!"

was the original post, then Odai said if/when after. I think the person was a bit quick to get a lil upset, obviously he was a bit offended by the post, but I also think we could be taking it more seriously than they meant it. He got offended, then others got offended at his offendedness and response. lol I know I can come off as really serious when Im not and just telling it straightforwardly.

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:45 PM
Dani

quote:
Im playing devils advocate here:

"Make sure to download each track separately and stream them as much as possible! All of this counts towards the charts for What About Us!"

was the original post, then Odai said if/when after. I think the person was a bit quick to get a lil upset, obviously he was a bit offended by the post, but I also think maybe we are taking it more seriously than they did. I know I can come off as really serious when Im not and just telling it straightforwardly.

I donno what he wrote I didn't read cause I couldn't bother to buy anything through iTunes as it ***ks up every time. I listened on Spotify.

However, I think we all need wine and sex and then come back here and be all happy and bubbly again

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:47 PM
hookedonspice

Woaaaaah... I mean, damn. All I was doing was pointing out that single remix sales count as single units, while the EP counts as one. I follow charts, it's a fun chart fact. I didn't hold a weapon to anyone's face and demand they buy the remixes- this is normal fan forum lingo!

I apologize sincerely if any of you took offence to it, was not my intention.

Regardless, the entire point of this is that her comeback single after 5 years is struggling on the Hot 100 because of streaming points, and sales may give her a push. I can't put it on a t-shirt and walk up to strangers and ask if they'll buy it, but I can and most definitely will post on her official forum that there is a way to be a little bit more supportive IF YOU CAN.

We all work hard for the money, I understand that very clearly. Do with what you've earned what you will. Good on you, and good on me too.

Old Post 09-19-2017 07:00 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

quote:
Peformed a song? The info was LEAKED from the event and then spread here. Dont get it twisted. You guys did what wasnt supposed to be done. Dont turn that around on us, just cause you dont want to admit it.

Babe, I get it, but it's song titles and VERY vague descriptions. No audio or video was leaked, still quite the accomplishment!

You know damn well that had this been a Lady Gaga taping, we would have people creating mixes already of the songs. A song from her upcoming movie due late 2018 was leaked by an attendee.

You know I adore you, but don't get so upset about it... ATRL is monitored heavily by record executives, especially after the Fergie album leak. Had this been anything too serious, hell would have broken loose. All we got was a shortlist of songs she performed from a track list that was already confirmed, it's not too bad, eh?

Old Post 09-19-2017 07:04 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy-maf!a
Major Label Level

Sorry to interject, but I love the remixes! Thanks for posting these!

Old Post 09-19-2017 09:34 PM
andy-maf!a is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy-maf!a Click here to Send andy-maf!a a Private Message Find more posts by andy-maf!a Add andy-maf!a to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SPEAK MY MIND!!!

Spot on.

Old Post 09-19-2017 11:55 PM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

I dont really like remixes. I bought the one containing the IND singles years ago and those are cool.

This streaming era is a pain tho. Ive got Spotify running 24/7 on my spare iPad, I bought the song on iTunes and added it to my Apple Music. I have no idea if my streams from playing it on Apple Music even count since I bought it. I did add it to Apple Music first tho.

But please guys, no need to fight. And yeah, Im telling everybody what to do in this instance

Old Post 09-20-2017 03:15 AM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz
I dont really like remixes. I bought the one containing the IND singles years ago and those are cool.

This streaming era is a pain tho. Ive got Spotify running 24/7 on my spare iPad, I bought the song on iTunes and added it to my Apple Music. I have no idea if my streams from playing it on Apple Music even count since I bought it. I did add it to Apple Music first tho.

But please guys, no need to fight. And yeah, Im telling everybody what to do in this instance

What is Apple Music like? I don't think I ever heard about it beforet this week? I donno why. And how come you have both? 😂 Is there a difference?

Old Post 09-20-2017 05:28 AM
hookedonspice

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
What is Apple Music like? I don't think I ever heard about it beforet this week? I donno why. And how come you have both? 😂 Is there a difference?

Apple Music is a streaming service much like Spotify, but it functions out of the music app on your phone/Apple TV and on iTunes on your computer.

You can download songs for offline use and you can play them without being connected to the internet provided that your account is valid.

I have Apple Music and use it to stream songs I am curious to hear/probably wouldn't spend money on. I like it very much because I use it at work and when I'm on the go.

The popularity of streaming services is what killed sales (and especially digital sales). Back in 2008, you needed approx 250,000-300,000 to be #1 on the US Digital Chart. Now, anywhere from 60,000-70,000 is enough depending on the week.

It also killed album sales across, especially in the UK with #1 albums selling less than 5,000 copies a week but with streaming factored in, can reach up to 13,000-14,000.

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the days of physical releases only. The rush of removing the shrinkwrap and looking through the booklet on your first listen...

Old Post 09-20-2017 08:40 AM