Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Served Like A Girl / Final Salute Charity Soundtrack
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
grenno
Triple Platinum Record Level

Served Like A Girl / Final Salute Charity Soundtrack

https://youtu.be/lEzl3ZTh9wU?t=4m56s

So, Linda Perry wrote a song for this documentary and said she'll put unreleased songs she did with P!nk on a soundtrack! Proceeds will go to the Final Salute Charity

Seems there's no release date yet though.

Last edited by grenno on 09-06-2017 at 01:00 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-06-2017 12:44 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

Oooh! I hope this *actually* comes to fruition! I'm definitely buying this when it comes out.

I checked online about the release as well, and it seems the movie is out but no news on the soundtrack.

Old Post 09-06-2017 11:09 AM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

So... I went through the list of unreleased songs written with Linda and checked on ASCAP.

GIRL ON THE SIDE
https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace...orkID/370474774
- No performer registered.

IF YOU'RE GONNA FLY AWAY
https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace...orkID/393321092
- No performer registered.
- Publishers has a note that says "additional non-ASCAP publishers", this could be the publishing company Linda spoke about.

JUSTICE
https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace...orkID/400339773
- "PINK" registered as performer.
- Publishers has a note that says "additional non-ASCAP publishers", this could be the publishing company Linda spoke about.

My money is on Justice, but I hope (I'm greedy like that) that we get two songs!

Old Post 09-06-2017 11:33 AM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

There's also Moan Alecia, Rape Me and Freight Train. I think Grass Is Greener too (among others). Not sure they're registered but from way back I know those are Linda + P!nk songs.

Honestly, to me, these two ladies just made magic together. Some other collaborations were good too but never came close to this kind of magic ♡

I really hope they have a song on BT. Too much to ask for, but a guy can dream

Old Post 09-06-2017 11:39 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

I don't think Rape Me or Moan Alecia would be fitting for such a documentary although, I would love to hear the latter!

I also hope for a collab on Beautiful Trauma but I think we pretty much know all the collaborators by now, and had Linda been on there, they would have used that for publicity...

Old Post 09-06-2017 11:42 AM
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by hookedonspice
I don't think Rape Me or Moan Alecia would be fitting for such a documentary although, I would love to hear the latter!

I also hope for a collab on Beautiful Trauma but I think we pretty much know all the collaborators by now, and had Linda been on there, they would have used that for publicity...

She's kinda secretive about collabs, so I am still hopeful haha But yeah, if Linda was on it, someone would have already leaked that info... If not for BT then hopefully next era

Old Post 09-06-2017 12:04 PM
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

Wow this is going g to be Incredible, the fact the songs will be comming out after all this time they must Really be worth talking about today

Also it's for a very good cause, and given the topic of the documentary I think the pink song will be related in some way or at least about her dad

Considering that there is so meny other artists Involved I think it will probably be only,10 tracks and only one will be pink

I've always wanted to hear natasha beddingfeild sing with pink, I know it's not a collaboration but it's nice that they are on the same record

And finally I'm not a Christina fan but I am a fan of her album stripped so Im hoping her song is from this era when she first worked with Linda, rather than any later albums

Old Post 09-06-2017 12:48 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is online now Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

Moan Alecia. Dont we have a member on here? Is that our girl?

I loved linda and pink too, but she didnt do jlap dlmgm 18 wheeler or numb. So as much as id like them collabing again, id want those guys 2.

She hasbt spoken about her collabs except for a guy...which im assuming is billy joel. She didnt mention the choir yet. Im hopeful for more collabs.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 09-06-2017 at 02:20 PM

Old Post 09-06-2017 02:12 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by 1'n'onlyMrPINK!

I loved linda and pink too, but she didnt do jlap dlmgm 18 wheeler or numb. So as much as id like them collabing again, id want those guys 2.

She hasbt spoken about her collabs except for a guy...which im assuming is billy joel. She didnt mention the choir yet. Im hopeful for more collabs.

No, but she did Eventually, Gone to California, My Vietnam, Lonely Girl, GTPS, M!ssundaztood, Catch-22 and Respect... Not saying that I didn't love Dallas' songs. It's my favorite album, so of course I looove all of em! But I can't dismiss the edge, freshness, weirdness and greatness Linda brought to the record. To me, those songs, esp LG, G2C, MV, E and DD are productions that I'd love for P!nk to go back to because they would sound fresh even today cause they're so timeless to me.

In terms of poprock: yes, Dallas Austin needs to come back! The poprock sound on M!ss back then to me was just sooo much better.

Old Post 09-06-2017 02:36 PM
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by 1'n'onlyMrPINK!
)

Nope it's a fan, and old moderator on here...

Old Post 09-06-2017 04:05 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is online now Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supervinreturns
#1 Video and Single Level

I found an article were they mention the release date. It's still a while, but it means at least one more song to look forward to!

''The first single from the soundtrack — Pat Benatar’s “Dancing Through the Wreckage” — will be released through We Are Here Music on Sept. 1. Benatar co-wrote the track with Grammy-nominated songwriter Linda Perry and Neil Giraldo.

The complete soundtrack will be available on Nov. 11.''

Source:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/s...ios-1202491897/

Old Post 09-06-2017 08:37 PM
supervinreturns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supervinreturns Click here to Send supervinreturns a Private Message Find more posts by supervinreturns Add supervinreturns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by supervinreturns
I found an article were they mention the release date. It's still a while, but it means at least one more song to look forward to!

''The first single from the soundtrack — Pat Benatar’s “Dancing Through the Wreckage” — will be released through We Are Here Music on Sept. 1. Benatar co-wrote the track with Grammy-nominated songwriter Linda Perry and Neil Giraldo.

The complete soundtrack will be available on Nov. 11.''

Source:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/s...ios-1202491897/

November 11! Awesome! Very excited!!

Thanks for the info!

Old Post 09-06-2017 09:25 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by grenno
No, but she did Eventually, Gone to California, My Vietnam, Lonely Girl, GTPS, M!ssundaztood, Catch-22 and Respect... Not saying that I didn't love Dallas' songs. It's my favorite album, so of course I looove all of em! But I can't dismiss the edge, freshness, weirdness and greatness Linda brought to the record. To me, those songs, esp LG, G2C, MV, E and DD are productions that I'd love for P!nk to go back to because they would sound fresh even today cause they're so timeless to me.

In terms of poprock: yes, Dallas Austin needs to come back! The poprock sound on M!ss back then to me was just sooo much better.

and Elliott on a few of those. Love the record as a whole but i dont think he and austin get enough credit. I could have done without m!ss respect catch 22. But lg mv gtc are amongst my favs.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 09-06-2017 at 10:13 PM

Old Post 09-06-2017 10:09 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nooneanymore

Oh wow, that's awesome. Do you think Linda will sing them herself or will it be with Pinks vocals?

Old Post 09-07-2017 05:00 PM
nooneanymore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nooneanymore Click here to Send nooneanymore a Private Message Find more posts by nooneanymore Add nooneanymore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dfantasy
World Tour Level

The song is Halfway Gone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ilation-w501944

Old Post 09-11-2017 04:02 PM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote