Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma - Information/anticipation thread
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by *P!nK AsHeS*
Someone on ATRL went to a listening party where they played half of every song except Revenge...this is what they had to say:

At the listening party they played each song from the album in half except Revenge. I think they pay all the money on this one but it still confuses me since the eminem collaboration is nothing new :huh:

1. Whatever You Want: It's produced by Max Martin & Shellback. No other producers on the new album has been told.
2. But We Lost It: A ballad. It's calm and mellow, no dramatic vocals here, kinda like Crystal Ball (vocally)
3. Barbies: Folk song, the lyrics are like "I wish i could go back to play barbies"
4. Where We Go: Uptempo song, the chorus kinda reminded me one avicii song (Maybe Waiting for love?)
5. For Now, Secrets: Pop rock songs, I kinda forgot how they sound like :toofunny2:
6. Better Life: There're hand claps sounds in the backgorund
7. I Am Here : I think this is the one with Billy Mann and the choir
8. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: Piano ballad with orchestra
9. You Get My Love: A piano only ballad

It's kinda rush so I can't remember all the details, but I think it's more cohesive than TTAL.
There are couple uptempo songs with folk elements, it's something she's never done but doesn't lose her identity.
I didn't hear it in full so I can't judge the whole alburm, but overall it's good, I didn't hear one bad song

Omg thank you for giving us details! finally somehody! Be careful, people are about to freak on you because apparently simply telling others the gist of new songs means you’re betraying pink (lol)

Last edited by RiceNorim on 10-07-2017 at 09:09 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-07-2017 08:43 AM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
Omg thank you for giving us details! finally somehody! Be careful, people are about to freak on you because apparently simply telling others the gist of new songs means your betraying pink (lol)

Shady Haha!

I'm really excited for Revenge. It's this big kept secret for some reason! I really think they're holding onto it for album release week for streaming potential of the video.

From all the descriptions, I'm looking forward to Secrets, For Now, Better Life and Wild Hearts.

Old Post 10-07-2017 08:48 AM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by hookedonspice
Shady Haha!

I'm really excited for Revenge. It's this big kept secret for some reason! I really think they're holding onto it for album release week for streaming potential of the video.

From all the descriptions, I'm looking forward to Secrets, For Now, Better Life and Wild Hearts.

I can't wait to hear For Now again

Old Post 10-07-2017 09:07 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patr!k
Major Label Level

I can't wait for the album.
But it makes me a little nervous. I think all P!nk releases make me nervous and for no reason. She always delivers, she always makes me so happy, Beautiful Trauma is a great album track, What About Us is so enjoyable, (not sure about Whatever You Want but that's only because I only heard it like two/three times). I can't wait, finally, after all these years she's back, new album, new tour!!

Old Post 10-07-2017 09:09 AM
patr!k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patr!k Click here to Send patr!k a Private Message Visit patr!k's homepage! Find more posts by patr!k Add patr!k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

See, I think Whatever You Want is the best of the 3 songs we have!

I think Pink’s recipe to success is the diversity in songs on each album. There’s something for everyone.

Old Post 10-07-2017 09:45 AM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*P!nK AsHeS*

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
Omg thank you for giving us details! finally somehody! Be careful, people are about to freak on you because apparently simply telling others the gist of new songs means you’re betraying pink (lol)

They didn’t ask them to sign a NDA, as far as I know, and album comes out next week, so maybe they want people to be hyping it now...I hope.

Old Post 10-07-2017 12:59 PM
*P!nK AsHeS* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *P!nK AsHeS* Click here to Send *P!nK AsHeS* a Private Message Visit *P!nK AsHeS*'s homepage! Find more posts by *P!nK AsHeS* Add *P!nK AsHeS* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by *P!nK AsHeS*
Someone on ATRL went to a listening party where they played half of every song except Revenge...this is what they had to say:

At the listening party they played each song from the album in half except Revenge. I think they pay all the money on this one but it still confuses me since the eminem collaboration is nothing new :huh:

1. Whatever You Want: It's produced by Max Martin & Shellback. No other producers on the new album has been told.
2. But We Lost It: A ballad. It's calm and mellow, no dramatic vocals here, kinda like Crystal Ball (vocally)
3. Barbies: Folk song, the lyrics are like "I wish i could go back to play barbies"
4. Where We Go: Uptempo song, the chorus kinda reminded me one avicii song (Maybe Waiting for love?)
5. For Now, Secrets: Pop rock songs, I kinda forgot how they sound like :toofunny2:
6. Better Life: There're hand claps sounds in the backgorund
7. I Am Here : I think this is the one with Billy Mann and the choir
8. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: Piano ballad with orchestra
9. You Get My Love: A piano only ballad

It's kinda rush so I can't remember all the details, but I think it's more cohesive than TTAL.
There are couple uptempo songs with folk elements, it's something she's never done but doesn't lose her identity.
I didn't hear it in full so I can't judge the whole alburm, but overall it's good, I didn't hear one bad song

Kinda obvious WYW is a Max production. There are chords in there that sound like JLF. Not really into that song anyway.

I am excited to hear Barbies and But We Lost It. I love Crystal Ball I am curious about the Waiting for Love/Where We Go comparison... If that's true then it might be the best song on this album.

Lol how For Now and Secrets seem forgettable. Maybe he just was so overwhelmed that he didn't pay much attention to them.

If Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is anything like Bridge of Light, I'll be happy! But now it just sounds like a The Great Escape production. I hope there's more to it and that the description just undersold it.

I Am Here sounds so exciting!

You Get My Love, too. Can't wait to be blown away by it!

Wanna know which song is the busbee production...

Old Post 10-07-2017 01:31 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

From ATRL:

https://twitter.com/TheGlamazonPDM/...00099072

Apparently this guy is an entertainment journalist for Huffington Post and got an advance streaming copy of BT.
I summarized what he tweeted_about the album below.

You Get My Love: lush slow jam,_voice soars over simple piano chords
"You get my love, baby...If there's only one thing about me you can trust."

Secrets: infectious Euro dance-pop reminiscent of Alexandra Stan
"Da-Da-Da-Da-Doot-Doo-Doo" - will infiltrate your brain

Revenge:_definite standout, party track, very catchy, fun, Eminem_delivers a hilarious couple verses
P!nk's part has the Slut Like You vibe
It's about each getting back at the other
Total length is 3:46. Eminem owns 2:13-3:19 (including basically SINGING a chorus!); then he & Pink partner until the end.
"Wish I was a lawyer/I would sue you/Take your dog, take your house, take your shoes, take your heart." (P!nk's part)
"Your day begins at 8pm, you hit the ATM in my Mercedes Benz with all your lady friends (*****S!)" (Eminem's part)

Better Life:_"Can't shake the feeling that you picture a better life, better wife, better nights, a better high."

Revenge is the only featuring on the album

Old Post 10-08-2017 10:26 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

I CANNOT WAIT for Revenge!!!! Ahhhh!!! People will EAT. THIS. UP!

Old Post 10-08-2017 10:56 AM
grenno

They edited their post to add this:

For Now:_Country-pop overtones mixed with rock
"Can we just freeze frame, pause, rewind, stop..."

But We Lost It:_Typical P!nk ballad_

I Am Here: Interesting tempo shift into a choir

Barbies: Very folksy

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: Typical, very pretty P!nk

Last edited by grenno on 10-08-2017 at 11:48 AM

Old Post 10-08-2017 10:59 AM
MrPauLL

i am here with a tempo shift! Hope it's Uptempo change to the choir! I am so excited!

Old Post 10-08-2017 12:09 PM
MrPauLL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrPauLL Click here to Send MrPauLL a Private Message Find more posts by MrPauLL Add MrPauLL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir

I knew Secrets was gonna be my favorite because no one hyped it!

Old Post 10-08-2017 12:26 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mathon
Top 100 Charts Level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8yJr_CMTpM

Old Post 10-09-2017 01:56 PM
mathon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mathon Click here to Send mathon a Private Message Visit mathon's homepage! Find more posts by mathon Add mathon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrPauLL

quote:
Originally posted by mathon

can you hear any new music?? I'm sat at work

Old Post 10-09-2017 02:09 PM
MrPauLL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrPauLL Click here to Send MrPauLL a Private Message Find more posts by MrPauLL Add MrPauLL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CLD

quote:
Originally posted by mathon

hilarious!!! the way she describes it, it will probably be her strongest album to date.

Old Post 10-09-2017 02:19 PM
CLD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLD Click here to Send CLD a Private Message Find more posts by CLD Add CLD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote