Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > Censoring "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera
Should "Beautiful" be censored?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 6.25%
No 60 93.75%
Total: 64 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
amnb
Double Platinum

I'm not interested in seeing 2 guys going at it, but it doesn't bother me that much. Plus it's the whole basis of the vid.

KEEP IT.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:15 PM
amnb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amnb Click here to Send amnb a Private Message Visit amnb's homepage! Find more posts by amnb Add amnb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*P!nK AsHeS*
Triple Platinum Record Level

NO. do they censor straight love scenes in anything?

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:15 PM
*P!nK AsHeS* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *P!nK AsHeS* Click here to Send *P!nK AsHeS* a Private Message Visit *P!nK AsHeS*'s homepage! Find more posts by *P!nK AsHeS* Add *P!nK AsHeS* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
menta71

Re: Censoring "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

quote:
Originally posted by self_hazard
Should the video for "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera be censored because of the gay kiss involved? Does anyone have any opinions on this?

pffft i dun see whats wrong with that kiss

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:16 PM
menta71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for menta71 Click here to Send menta71 a Private Message Find more posts by menta71 Add menta71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xDANiELLEx

Re: Re: Censoring "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

quote:
Originally posted by menta71
pffft i dun see whats wrong with that kiss

i dont see anything with it either.

if they wanna censor her video for 2 men kissing then they better all the others that have 2 girls kissing.

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:17 PM
xDANiELLEx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xDANiELLEx Click here to Send xDANiELLEx a Private Message Find more posts by xDANiELLEx Add xDANiELLEx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleciafan

quote:
Originally posted by xDANiELLEx
Oh NO, Not You!

I mean if someone thinks if it should be censored and don't care for the 2 men kissing then don't watch the video.

oh ok

Last edited by Aleciafan on 09-03-2003 at 11:22 AM

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:20 PM
Aleciafan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleciafan Click here to Send Aleciafan a Private Message Find more posts by Aleciafan Add Aleciafan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pink_sistah
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
well T.A.T.U. is basicly suckin face in the video and their is girl touching as well. The 2 guys in Christina's are suckin face too but its not through the whole video. If they censor Christinas then T.A.T.U. should be censored as well.

Its a double standard. Music artist who are guys can have girls kissin and doing nasty things but when a female does it its censored and theres like protest against. Madonnas video have always been censored but what about the ones Michael Jackson makes? He can sit naked with Lisa Marie, show videos of war and grab his crotch but if Madonna or another female did that then its censored. They both make great videos. I just think its a double standard.

If you don't like the video and think it should be censored then don't watch it.

They did more than censor Madonna. "Justify My Love was actually banned from televison because of orgying and drugs, I think there was a gay kiss in it too. It is a double standard, Madonna fought so hard to expose topics that people don't want to talk about and embrace the people they involve. "Deeper and Deeper" was about a gay man coming to grips with his homosexuality. I think it was banned too. "Secret" was actually about a married transvestite. Madonna wasn't gay or anything, but the messages in her songs could have fit alot of scenarios and she was trying to expose acceptance for these people. She was great! Why was she censored when Micheal Jackson was free to do whatever? It doesn't make sense.

Last edited by pink_sistah on 03-12-2003 at 08:30 PM

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:23 PM
pink_sistah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pink_sistah Click here to Send pink_sistah a Private Message Find more posts by pink_sistah Add pink_sistah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleciafan

quote:
Originally posted by pink_sistah

and means that?

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:23 PM
Aleciafan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleciafan Click here to Send Aleciafan a Private Message Find more posts by Aleciafan Add Aleciafan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
partygirl
Major Label Level

Re: Censoring "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

quote:
Originally posted by self_hazard
Should the video for "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera be censored because of the gay kiss involved? Does anyone have any opinions on this?
i dont know, its kinda the same type of ting as tatu, although not as raunchy............ so i dont think it shud

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:27 PM
partygirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for partygirl Click here to Send partygirl a Private Message Find more posts by partygirl Add partygirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
menta71

Re: Re: Re: Censoring "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

quote:
i dont see anything with it either.

if they wanna censor her video for 2 men kissing then they better all the others that have 2 girls kissing.

umm yeah,

ok they better leave the videos like that,whats wrong with that.....close-minded ppl

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:27 PM
menta71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for menta71 Click here to Send menta71 a Private Message Find more posts by menta71 Add menta71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Row-Zee
Banned for cussing

No I don't see anything wrong with the vid at all! I think it's 'Beautiful'.
All I see is two people in love. Nothing wrong with that.

(In any case the guy on the right has a gorgeous tongue!)

Old Post 03-12-2003 10:23 PM
Row-Zee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Row-Zee Click here to Send Row-Zee a Private Message Find more posts by Row-Zee Add Row-Zee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
luv_me
#1 Video and Single Level

censoring that would rid the point of the whole vid.

Old Post 03-12-2003 10:40 PM
luv_me is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luv_me Click here to Send luv_me a Private Message Find more posts by luv_me Add luv_me to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xDANiELLEx

quote:
Originally posted by pink_sistah
She was great! Why was she censored when Micheal Jackson was free to do whatever? It doesn't make sense.

B/c its a double standard, simple as that.

Ricky Martin had a 1/2 naked girl and candle wax being poured onto his body in his video but they did not oppose that. Guys can get away with alot more then women can.

Old Post 03-12-2003 10:55 PM
xDANiELLEx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xDANiELLEx Click here to Send xDANiELLEx a Private Message Find more posts by xDANiELLEx Add xDANiELLEx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lora

quote:
Originally posted by Row-Zee
No I don't see anything wrong with the vid at all! I think it's 'Beautiful'.
All I see is two people in love. Nothing wrong with that.

(In any case the guy on the right has a gorgeous tongue!)

gooooooo mummy!

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:00 PM
Lora is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lora Click here to Send Lora a Private Message Find more posts by Lora Add Lora to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jinxx
Banned for cussing

no, why should that be cencored when theres hundreds of videos with straight people kissing? theres no difference apart from gender, cencoring it would do nothing apart from encourage homophobia.

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:00 PM
jinxx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jinxx Click here to Send jinxx a Private Message Visit jinxx's homepage! Find more posts by jinxx Add jinxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*-billy-*
MixTape Level

i really dont think it should be band as if it was it would be just another way for people to say gay is bad and not rite in any shape or form... but wot is really strange is that the same people would love to see two girls kissin and i dont hear about tatu's kissin seens bein band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:21 PM
*-billy-* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *-billy-* Click here to Send *-billy-* a Private Message Find more posts by *-billy-* Add *-billy-* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote