Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma or Another Album
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

Beautiful Trauma or Another Album

Not trying to turn this into some ATRL compare queens against eachother in a gross women hating type thread, just interested if there’s any album released this year you’d rank above Beautiful Trauma?

As a P!nk fan, I’m proud to (trying Not it be biased) say Beautiful Trauma is probably my fav album this year.

However Dua’s album was really good too and I loved Fergies ‘Double Dutchess’ which I find actually has a similar production and concept behind it. Currently very impressed by Kelly’s new album, as well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:03 AM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

I absolutely LOVE Kelly’s new album. Especially the songs Cruel, I don’t think about you and Don’t you pretend. I haven’t listened much to other releases. But I will deffo listen to Dua’s new stuff soon!

Old Post 11-07-2017 05:49 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

I loved Melodrama. It's artistic enough to stand out but enjoyable to replay it.

Old Post 11-07-2017 06:08 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrPauLL

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
I loved Melodrama. It's artistic enough to stand out but enjoyable to replay it.

Lorde is my No2. It it wasn't for a few tracks on that album I would have struggled but BT Triumphs.

Old Post 11-07-2017 10:02 AM
MrPauLL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrPauLL Click here to Send MrPauLL a Private Message Find more posts by MrPauLL Add MrPauLL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

In the past few years I started to lose interest in (female) pop music, there's this whole new generation of female pop starts, very talented and everything but that I can get into.
I've always been a fan of people like Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, Joss Stone, Alicia Keys, Anastacia, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé and Paloma Faith since day1 but P!nk is the only one able to touch my heart every single time.
in 2017 there was no record that I really liked, probably the last 3 albums I fell for were WALLS by Kings Of Leon, How Big How Blue How Beautiful by Florence + The Machine, Hozier and M3LL155X by FKA Twigs and this one was an EP lol and yeah we're talking about 2015/2016 releases.

So, back to the topic...
talking about femal pop albums, all the recent releases by my fave pop starts were a bit disappointed
Joanne by Lady Gaga is a nice listening but i think I listened to it once or twice when it was released, but nothing really touched me.
Anastacia, poor lady, is releasing crap from 2008 so her latest album, released on September sounds like a lazy compilation by and old and tired piano bar singer.
I LOVE Kelly, I think her voice is one of the best ever in the whole industry, I'm glad she did the record she wanted to do, but aside from a couple of songs I didn't really like the album, but I have to say that the last record from her that I really enjoyed was My December.
Paloma Faith is releasing her 4th studio album these days, I just listened to the 2 songs she released as singles but they didn't get me at all.
I listen, or well, watched Double Dutchess but I don't know it was a huge mess, A Little Work was the only good song and video in the whole project imo.

So maybe it's a problem I have with female pop music nowadays but P!nk is really the only one that I can really enjoy and yes, Beautiful Trauma is the best female pop album this year

p.s. i really don't get the general love for people like Taylor Swift and Demi Lovato, I can't stand them and all of her songs sounds terrible to me

Old Post 11-07-2017 10:21 AM
M*A*X*IT is online now Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

I really don't follow music as much as i like listening to music lol. I will check out the new Kelly Clarkson album because i liked the 2 songs released previously (even if i wasn't a big fan before)

The 2 albums that came out this year that i was even following was Paramore's After Laughter which i like very much but they could never beat P!nk, and MØ's stuff and sadly she released a bit of an underwhelming EP not long ago. I have yet to listen to the Foo Fighters' new stuff.

It is interesting though that for me the most important factor is live experience. P!nk obviously takes the crown but my next fav performer would probably be Florence because she's incredible and then MØ and Paramore i follow "closely" mainly because after liking their music they convinced me that they are really awesome.

Aside from P!nk i think i am really not too much into mainstream pop. Maybe just being old i dunno but i also have no interest in today's big ladies like Taylor Swift and such. All in all, i am pretty sure noone ever could top P!nk for me, i am a very dedicated and in this sense pretty narrow-viewed fan

Old Post 11-07-2017 11:17 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shmoo

This is when I realize the only music I really listen to is P!nk. lol. Most of the time I'm listening to podcasts.

Old Post 11-07-2017 12:56 PM
Shmoo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shmoo Click here to Send Shmoo a Private Message Visit Shmoo's homepage! Find more posts by Shmoo Add Shmoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrPauLL

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
In the past few years I started to lose interest in (female) pop music, there's this whole new generation of female pop starts, very talented and everything but that I can get into.
I've always been a fan of people like Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, Joss Stone, Alicia Keys, Anastacia, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé and Paloma Faith since day1 but P!nk is the only one able to touch my heart every single time.
in 2017 there was no record that I really liked, probably the last 3 albums I fell for were WALLS by Kings Of Leon, How Big How Blue How Beautiful by Florence + The Machine, Hozier and M3LL155X by FKA Twigs and this one was an EP lol and yeah we're talking about 2015/2016 releases.

So, back to the topic...
talking about femal pop albums, all the recent releases by my fave pop starts were a bit disappointed
Joanne by Lady Gaga is a nice listening but i think I listened to it once or twice when it was released, but nothing really touched me.
Anastacia, poor lady, is releasing crap from 2008 so her latest album, released on September sounds like a lazy compilation by and old and tired piano bar singer.
I LOVE Kelly, I think her voice is one of the best ever in the whole industry, I'm glad she did the record she wanted to do, but aside from a couple of songs I didn't really like the album, but I have to say that the last record from her that I really enjoyed was My December.
Paloma Faith is releasing her 4th studio album these days, I just listened to the 2 songs she released as singles but they didn't get me at all.
I listen, or well, watched Double Dutchess but I don't know it was a huge mess, A Little Work was the only good song and video in the whole project imo.

So maybe it's a problem I have with female pop music nowadays but P!nk is really the only one that I can really enjoy and yes, Beautiful Trauma is the best female pop album this year

p.s. i really don't get the general love for people like Taylor Swift and Demi Lovato, I can't stand them and all of her songs sounds terrible to me

I feel this, everyone used to say to me if it wasn't a female singing I won't like it and that's pretty much true. The only guy I really love is Brendon Urie and I think it's because his voice is so theatrical along with the music.

Same with all the other females, I always get super excited when one of the top females release something, I listen to it for a couple of months and then it's done. Pink on the other hand I will listen to BT at least a couple of times a month until the next album.

I agree with Kelly, this album sounded amazing on paper but it's just not that great. Kesha is a great example of doing her own thing and getting great results. I love her new album. Miley's new album is horrendous and I was so excited after Malibu and Younger Now were bops.

I think the albums I've loved this year are

Beautiful Trauma
Melodrama
After Laughter
Rainbow

I heard Avril Lavigne is releasing early next year and I'm super excited but I feel it will be another disappointment.

Old Post 11-07-2017 01:31 PM
MrPauLL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrPauLL Click here to Send MrPauLL a Private Message Find more posts by MrPauLL Add MrPauLL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pink gurl
#1 Video and Single Level

Does the album have to come out this year? Well the album I'm feeling at the moment is Amor Prohibido by Selena Q.

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:01 PM
pink gurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pink gurl Click here to Send pink gurl a Private Message Visit pink gurl's homepage! Find more posts by pink gurl Add pink gurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

My fav album of the year - A R I Z O N A - Gallery

Runners up:
Beautiful Trauma
Kesha - Rainbow
Imagine Dragons - Evolve
Portugal. The Man - Woodstock
Dua Lipa

I was excied for Kelly's but the album didnt do it for me...didnt feel as believable as some of her past work. And, Sam Smith turned into a borefest.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 11-07-2017 at 04:44 PM

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:22 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
I absolutely LOVE Kelly’s new album. Especially the songs Cruel, I don’t think about you and Don’t you pretend. I haven’t listened much to other releases. But I will deffo listen to Dua’s new stuff soon!

I LOVE don’t think about you and don’t you pretend

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:22 PM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by MrPauLL
Miley's new album is horrendous and I was so excited after Malibu and Younger Now were bops.

I heard Avril Lavigne is releasing early next year and I'm super excited but I feel it will be another disappointment.

I agree. I LOVE Bangerz and it still goes off but Younger Now (the album) sucked pretty hard. I was also excited cuz I loved Malibu and younger now too. Why would she released a country album at the same time as Shania is beyond me.

I’m excited for Avril 2, I hope it’s like her old stuff.

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:24 PM
nique
Double Platinum

Fergie's album IS FIRE.

Kelly's album is also great. I love Medicine. I have only heard those two aside from Pink this year.

I have heard great things about Sza as well. But I haven't had a chance to listen.

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:41 PM
nique is online now Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

^Yeah, Sza is great as well.

Old Post 11-07-2017 04:44 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by nique
Fergie's album IS FIRE.

Kelly's album is also great. I love Medicine. I have only heard those two aside from Pink this year.

I have heard great things about Sza as well. But I haven't had a chance to listen.

Glad someone agree with me about Fergies! It took me a bit for the album to grow on me but it’s sooo good. Sad it did so poor in sales. I find the album kinda follows the same concept and pattern of BT.

Love is Pain is probably my favourite song of the year. So beautiful. The video is amazing too.

1. Hungry (feat. Rick Ross)
2. Like It Ain't Nuttin' = REVENGE
3. You Already Know (feat. Nicki Minaj)
4. Just Like You
5. A Little Work = WHAT ABOUT US
6. Life Goes On = BETTER LIFE
7. M.I.L.F. $
8. Save It Til Morning = BUT WE LOST IT
9. Enchanté (Carine) (feat. Axl Jack)
10. Tension = SECRETS
11. L.A.LOVE (la la) (feat. YG)
12. Love Is Blind
13. Love Is Pain = YOU GET MY LOVE

Last edited by RiceNorim on 11-07-2017 at 07:10 PM

Old Post 11-07-2017 07:00 PM