Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Pink Announced as CMA performer
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nique
Double Platinum

Pink Announced as CMA performer

Pop star Pink, as well as a handful of country artists, have been added to the 2017 CMA Awards performers list. The Country Music Association has also revealed that the show will begin this year with an "unprecedented opening collaboration."

http://theboot.com/2017-cma-awards-...ng-performance/

If anyone remembers last year Beyonce performed with Dixie Chicks and the conservative country fans had their panties in a bunch.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-27-2017 03:21 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT
Triple Platinum Record Level

apparently she's performing with Keith Urban

Old Post 10-27-2017 03:33 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

^Source?

I NEEEEEEED a performance of Setting The World, please. Still my favourite single since her GHs singles.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 10-27-2017 at 03:49 PM

Old Post 10-27-2017 03:44 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

quote:
Originally posted by 1'n'onlyMrPINK!
^Source?

I NEEEEEEED a performance of Setting The World, please. Still my favourite single since her GHs singles.

http://www.cmaworld.com/cma-awards/...ers-presenters/

i'd love a live performance of STWOF too but considering Kenny Chesney is not performing i really doubt this will happen.
Probably it's going to be a sort of group-opening performance as other articles said, but I'd love an Awards performance of Barbies or For Now.

Last edited by M*A*X*IT on 10-27-2017 at 05:30 PM

Old Post 10-27-2017 05:28 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nique
Double Platinum

She is going to have to perform something country music related. Otherwise I don't see the point.

Old Post 10-27-2017 05:53 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

***?

Old Post 10-27-2017 07:57 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
http://www.cmaworld.com/cma-awards/...ers-presenters/

i'd love a live performance of STWOF too but considering Kenny Chesney is not performing i really doubt this will happen.
Probably it's going to be a sort of group-opening performance as other articles said, but I'd love an Awards performance of Barbies or For Now.

youre hoping for barbies or for now on the cmas?? Or in general?

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:09 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice

I think it's taken out of context, the fact that she's performing with Keith. I don't think she is, especially that she's nominated with another artist.

"CMA ANNOUNCES MORE UNEXPECTED MUSICAL PERFORMANCES AND COLLABORATIONS FOR “THE 51st ANNUAL CMA AWARDS,” AIRING WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8, ON THE ABC TELEVISION NETWORK

New Performers Include Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Pop Superstar P!NK, Keith Urban and an All-star Group Performance Featuring Eric Church, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker and Urban

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, P!NK and Keith Urban will perform on this year’s Awards, and an unprecedented opening collaboration will feature Eric Church, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, Keith Urban and more. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will co-host The Awards for the 10th consecutive year.

Grammy Award-winning pop star P!NK is nominated for a CMA Award for the first time this year. She’s up for Musical Event of the Year for her “Setting the World on Fire” duet with Kenny Chesney, and just released her new album Beautiful Trauma, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard chart this week."

Source

I think because Tim & Faith are a couple, they grouped them together in the beginning of the sentence, causing confusion when it ended with "P!nk and Keith Urban". They usually announce collaborations ahead of time, and they didn't do this for P!nk.

Under Performers, they specifically highlighted the collaborations, and then add "More performances by..."

"See powerful collaborations by Kelsea Ballerini and Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley and Kane Brown, plus Maren Morris and Niall Horan! It’s Country’s night to shine with unforgettable performances and the best-of-the-best honored in several categories. More performances by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, P!NK and Keith Urban on this year’s Awards, and an unprecedented opening collaboration will feature Eric Church, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, Keith Urban and more."

I am also hoping for a one-off performance of an album track, because I don't see What About Us or Revenge working at the CMA Awards.

For Now would be my pick too, it could work there.

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:24 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

For Now isnt country nor is barbies. I highly doubt shell perform her own song as shes noy a country artist in the slightest.

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:29 PM
hookedonspice

quote:
For Now isnt country nor is barbies. I highly doubt shell perform her own song as shes noy a country artist in the slightest.

Beyonce - Daddy Lessons (CMA Awards)

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:34 PM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by hookedonspice
Beyonce - Daddy Lessons (CMA Awards)
thats country...plus she had performed it with dixie chicks. Plus someone of beyonces stature brings in many viewers.

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:35 PM
hookedonspice

quote:
thats country...plus she had performed it with dixie chicks. Plus someone of beyonces stature brings in many viewers.

Well yes, but you just never know.

I'd love if someone gets on her track and the arrangement is changed slightly for the show than just a random tribute performance.

She said she loves Chris Stapleton at the iHeart Radio Festival, so maybe?!

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:40 PM
» Dani

I am here?

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:41 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

^^Omg. That would be amazing.

Or his song Millionaire. ❤

The more I think about it, its quite possible.

My dream would be a medley..setting the world on fire and then one of hers like CS and JT did a few years prior.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 10-27-2017 at 09:07 PM

Old Post 10-27-2017 08:41 PM
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

At the Hollywood bowl there was this guy Sam hunt performing and he was the only one I didn't know anything about, I didn't know any of songs, I even looked him up on YouTube any didn't think he was anything special, but live he sounded great, he seemed really really popular with the crowd, maybe they got chatting?he's country, but kinda had Careys style in a weird way

Old Post 10-27-2017 09:59 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote