Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

 

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > What is your Beautiful Trauma "express list"
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

Registered: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 382

quote:
Originally posted by blackrosefore
I've just listened to the entire album today. That being said...

I don't love Greg Kurstin. I thought "But We Lost It" wasn't that bad. However, Where We Go was just something I know I will push fast forward on, and skip over it again and again. It's up-tempo, yes...but the lyrics are extremely bland, and I think ( from me listening in on it for just the first time) it was worse than hearing Sober, HCTW, and Revenge.

All the rest of the songs are funnier or darker... And this is a dark record for Pink. "I Am Here" sounds like she's contemplating the afterlife. "Better Life" sounds like she's looking at her neighbors and wondering why her own life doesn't match up/seem as good. "Barbies" was about wanting to "negate" the wish to become an adult--- you know, the perspective of a kid is always "I wish I was an adult already, because adults can do anything they want!" And most adults are thinking... why can't I go back? It was a mistake to grow up! lol.

I mean, I can see where Pink pushed herself on this record. It's not her usual sound ( less Greg Kurstin thank God). A lot of the songs are about midlife issues that pop up. Marriage in midlife is no longer passionately on fire-- but whose marriage is? Even from the outside, marriage looks like a whole lot of work. BT is one of Pink's "most reflective entries" to date, imo. I like it. It's not an "instant like" for me, as was Try This and M!ss, but it may be my third favorite album of hers... skipping the whole Where We Go track on it, of course.



Nicely said !!! You hit a lot of things I thought about the album on the head! I also agree Where We Go isn’t the best, yet a lot of people seem to love to. I think the chorus is catchy but the rest of the song is quite bland and just doesn’t capture my attention. It’s like she pumped out singing the lyrics because she was running out of time.

I would love to hear your thoughts on what the rest of the songs are about.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-19-2017 09:20 PM
RiceNorim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
genouillefromdc
#1 Video and Single Level

Registered: Aug 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1155

Everything but:

You get my love
For now
Whatever you want

My absolute favorites are:

I am here
Wild hearts can't be broken
But we lost it

Overall I think that this may end up my favorite album. I love that that I hear the pop/rock but also R&B, country, folk, and gospel influences. I actually feel like this is her most diverse and yet integrated albums - the theme is strong throughout but t the presentation is varied. And her voice is the best it's ever been! I would love ygml if only there was more nuance instead of belting vs whisper singing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2017 02:43 AM
genouillefromdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for genouillefromdc Click here to Send genouillefromdc a Private Message Find more posts by genouillefromdc Add genouillefromdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinkspapichulo
World Tour Level

Registered: May 2004
Location: miami,fl,usa
Posts: 537

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
Revenge
Where We Go
Secrets
Better Life
I Am Here

Always prefers the uptempo tracks

pretty much the same here!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 08:00 AM
pinkspapichulo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinkspapichulo Click here to Send pinkspapichulo a Private Message Find more posts by pinkspapichulo Add pinkspapichulo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookedonspice
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Aug 2005
Location: Delirium
Posts: 5601

I don't get the dislike for Where We Go. Yes, it's on the "safer" side, but it's so good and you immediately go to a visual while listening to it. I am hoping it's a single, probably the only surefire hit for the general public on the album.

If had I to pick...

1) Whatever You Want
2) For Now
3) Where We Go

These would also be my pick for singles, in addition to perhaps Secrets with a super campy video.

I've warmed up a lot to Beautiful Trauma (song) after hearing it live too. And also, I wasn't really into But We Lost It, until one night it clicked with me and I absolutely love it now.

I can listen to pretty much 3/4 of the album at any given time, but for Wild Hearts, YGML and But We Lost It, you'd need to be in a special place to really appreciate those. They're not "play these in the background while I do chores" type of songs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 08:35 AM
hookedonspice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookedonspice Click here to Send hookedonspice a Private Message Find more posts by hookedonspice Add hookedonspice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kr@zy4P!nk
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica's Dumpsterfire
Posts: 3623

Revenge
Whatever you Want
Barbies**
Where We Go
For Now**
Secrets*
Better Life*
I Am Here
You Get My Love*

*=love **=favorites

Revenge has started to grow on me. I'm determined to be able to rap the whole thing before I see her in concert. God help me.

Also, my 60yo white, conservative dad said BT is his favorite pink album. So that's a thing.

Last edited by Kr@zy4P!nk on 10-23-2017 at 05:59 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 05:56 PM
Kr@zy4P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kr@zy4P!nk Click here to Send Kr@zy4P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by Kr@zy4P!nk Add Kr@zy4P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Dec 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 4636

quote:
Originally posted by blackrosefore
I've just listened to the entire album today. That being said...

I don't love Greg Kurstin. I thought "But We Lost It" wasn't that bad. However, Where We Go was just something I know I will push fast forward on, and skip over it again and again. It's up-tempo, yes...but the lyrics are extremely bland, and I think ( from me listening in on it for just the first time) it was worse than hearing Sober, HCTW, and Revenge.

All the rest of the songs are funnier or darker... And this is a dark record for Pink. "I Am Here" sounds like she's contemplating the afterlife. "Better Life" sounds like she's looking at her neighbors and wondering why her own life doesn't match up/seem as good. "Barbies" was about wanting to "negate" the wish to become an adult--- you know, the perspective of a kid is always "I wish I was an adult already, because adults can do anything they want!" And most adults are thinking... why can't I go back? It was a mistake to grow up! lol.

I mean, I can see where Pink pushed herself on this record. It's not her usual sound ( less Greg Kurstin thank God). A lot of the songs are about midlife issues that pop up. Marriage in midlife is no longer passionately on fire-- but whose marriage is? Even from the outside, marriage looks like a whole lot of work. BT is one of Pink's "most reflective entries" to date, imo. I like it. It's not an "instant like" for me, as was Try This and M!ss, but it may be my third favorite album of hers... skipping the whole Where We Go track on it, of course.

it's interesting. I was really into Where We Go based on the lyrics of the chorus and the whole vibe. But later I checked out the lyrics and I thought it's way better than I thought at first. I love the lyrics, they are not thrown together or lame, I absolutely love the second verse with the priest and balm references and the bridge with the harmonizing. It seems happy but it's so bittersweet!!

And it turned out for some people it's not about breakup, -the lyrics can be easily interpreted as saying goodbye to someone who's dying. Flawless lyricism, I wish the production would be more interesting but it's still one of the better songs for me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 06:11 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 54564

quote:
Originally posted by blackrosefore

"Better Life" sounds like she's looking at her neighbors and wondering why her own life doesn't match up/seem as good.




Aww, I understood Better life as it's about insecurities or thoughts that pop up from time to time. Like no matter how good you have it in a relationship or marriage and you have it all, you still can't help to think about what the other person thinks and if what you are and what you two have is enough. Somehow not taking the other person for granted. But I donno. Of course it's different for everyone how we understand the songs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 08:42 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackrosefore
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4101

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
it's interesting. I was really into Where We Go based on the lyrics of the chorus and the whole vibe. But later I checked out the lyrics and I thought it's way better than I thought at first. I love the lyrics, they are not thrown together or lame, I absolutely love the second verse with the priest and balm references and the bridge with the harmonizing. It seems happy but it's so bittersweet!!

And it turned out for some people it's not about breakup, -the lyrics can be easily interpreted as saying goodbye to someone who's dying. Flawless lyricism, I wish the production would be more interesting but it's still one of the better songs for me.



Ah. Döme, I don't mean for you to think that I'm jumping to hating this song completely... No, I don't. I just wasn't as "into it" as I was to all the other tracks. But the lyrics can be "interpreted" all sorts of ways. Which is Pink's "gift." So she makes it relateable. I just found other songs more "interesting." Like the whole vibe within "I Am Here" made "Where We Go" seem "bland and tame" to me.... I speak only for myself, here. That's just...that's how I felt.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 10:57 PM
blackrosefore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackrosefore Click here to Send blackrosefore a Private Message Find more posts by blackrosefore Add blackrosefore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackrosefore
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4101

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Aww, I understood Better life as it's about insecurities or thoughts that pop up from time to time. Like no matter how good you have it in a relationship or marriage and you have it all, you still can't help to think about what the other person thinks and if what you are and what you two have is enough. Somehow not taking the other person for granted. But I donno. Of course it's different for everyone how we understand the songs.


^ Yeah. That's what I meant by using the word "neighbors." Like, maybe Pink is wondering if her neighbor's marriage is less stressful, or less tiring, or more exciting than hers is. And maybe Pink is wondering what Carey is "thinking." Is he bored, too? These are all just "questions" people ask themselves.

The real answer is NO. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Nobody has a stress-free marriage. Married folks get bored with each other from time to time. It's not an isolated thing.

Yes. Everyone will interpret Pink's new songs through the lens of their own life experiences. I don't claim to be "right" about my interpretation. Your perspective is just as valid.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2017 11:03 PM
blackrosefore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackrosefore Click here to Send blackrosefore a Private Message Find more posts by blackrosefore Add blackrosefore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:
Rate This Thread:

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is OFF
 

< P!nk's Page >

Copyright © 2003-2008 Pink's Stuff, Inc.
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.