Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > 'Barbies'
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

'Barbies'

So I've read certain reviews on this song that have irritated me to say the least.

Things such as "a 38 year old woman talking about wanting to go back to playing with Barbies in her room"... Oh, I can't even remember the whole sentence.. and then somewhere else something about her writing about "playing with Barbies in her room" and basically saying that that doesn't fit her 'tomboy' image. Ugh.

What people don't seem to understand about the song Barbies (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I value ALL of your opinions) is that she is not talking about "wanting to go back to playing with Barbies in her room".

She is talking about wanting to go back to that TIME in her life when she had no worries, no responsibilities and - being YOUNG and CARE-FREE again. And many other things but I don't want to make this a lengthy post...

So I would love to hear anyone else's opinion regarding this song and its interpretation please?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2017 02:54 PM
x_T_x is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x_T_x Click here to Send x_T_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_T_x Add x_T_x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

Yeah, you're right. Some people are just stupid. Leave them be. Also, she's talking about the song in the Apple documentary.

Old Post 10-16-2017 02:59 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

of course, you're totally right, and anyone who cannot interpret this is either dumb or just malicious. as if P!nk from all people literally wanted to go and play with Barbies lmao they just want to be mean snobs and pick at everything.

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:00 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nique
Double Platinum

Yeah I mean if you review music for a living and this has to be explained to you then...best of luck.

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:19 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Yeah, you're right. Some people are just stupid. Leave them be. Also, she's talking about the song in the Apple documentary.

EXCUSE ME?!! I can find the Album Docu on Apple Music?! Cos that's how I got the album?? Ahh Dani you may have just made my entire LIFE!!

Shall I just search for it on Apple Music now? "Pink Beautiful Trauma documentary?"

Ooo I NEED to see this xx

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:26 PM
x_T_x is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x_T_x Click here to Send x_T_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_T_x Add x_T_x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supervinreturns
#1 Video and Single Level

I totally agree with you.

So silly and the person clearly has a hearing problem, because that's not what she sings.

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:28 PM
supervinreturns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supervinreturns Click here to Send supervinreturns a Private Message Find more posts by supervinreturns Add supervinreturns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by nique
Yeah I mean if you review music for a living and this has to be explained to you then...best of luck.

Well actually, I DON'T "review music for a living". I have a life. And a job. Etc. So don't come on the thread and say something non 'Barbies' related, just to try and be disrespectful. The person I was many years ago would have just been disrespectful back but instead I'm going to take the high road and say this:

If YOU need it EXPLAINED to YOU that YOU posting comments JUST to be DISRESPECTFUL to someone whom you have NEVER MET for no reason other than you "felt like like it" - is WRONG, when the person DID NOT come at you in the SAME way..? ..then yea.. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU TOO MY DEAR. 😴👋

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:35 PM
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
of course, you're totally right, and anyone who cannot interpret this is either dumb or just malicious. as if P!nk from all people literally wanted to go and play with Barbies lmao they just want to be mean snobs and pick at everything.

Precisely! It just annoys me so much how underrated she is, how SO many people even to this DAY don't actually realise how talented P!nk truly is. As an artist, performer and a songwriter.

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:37 PM
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by supervinreturns
I totally agree with you.

So silly and the person clearly has a hearing problem, because that's not what she sings.

Lol, definitely a hearing problem! Lol!

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:39 PM
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by x_T_x

Babe. I think the person talks about the reviewers not you

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:41 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
EXCUSE ME?!! I can find the Album Docu on Apple Music?! Cos that's how I got the album?? Ahh Dani you may have just made my entire LIFE!!

Shall I just search for it on Apple Music now? "Pink Beautiful Trauma documentary?"

Ooo I NEED to see this xx

Yes Did you find it?

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:42 PM
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Babe. I think the person talks about the reviewers not you

No babe, read it again.... x

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:42 PM
Dani

quote:
No babe, read it again.... x

I did?

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:43 PM
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Yes Did you find it?

Ohh sshh I'm going to look right now!!! ♥️

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:43 PM
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
I did?

"Yeah I mean if you review music for a living and this has to be explained to you then...best of luck."

What they were trying to say is, if I review music for a living , and that this has to be EXPLAINED to me i.e. Indicating that I was not capable of working it out by myself (which obviously I have done which is why they made this COMMENT) and that I need it EXPLAINED to me?... then BEST OF LUCK.

Lol.

I'm not stupid. I know 'shade' as these youngsters call it when I see it.. 🙄

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:46 PM