Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Your top three albums.
Your top three albums?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
CTMH 7 3.35%
MISS 35 16.75%
TT 27 12.92%
IND 51 24.40%
FH 32 15.31%
GH 1 0.48%
TTAL 15 7.18%
BT 41 19.62%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
grenno
Triple Platinum Record Level

I think I've figured it out for me now.

1. M!ss
2. Try This
3. rose ave. if we count it, otherwise BT

4. FH
5. = 6. CTMH/IND
7. TTAL

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2017 10:04 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy P!NK Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
But if you have to? Try it.
No..
When i heard Beautiful Trauma (song) and Whatever You Want for the first time, i said "This is going to be her best album".
But now that i think about it.. They all have their own meaning, their own story, their own era, their own phase in my life, their own special place in my music heart. My fav 2 songs (Free & Timebomb) are Bsides so that doesn't help either. And besides that, it really depends on what mood i am in.. one day i listen to 1 song or album on repeat non stop and then i don't for months.. so I choose the whole package

Old Post 10-16-2017 10:44 PM
Crazy P!NK Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy P!NK Fan Click here to Send Crazy P!NK Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Crazy P!NK Fan Add Crazy P!NK Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cRosKy
Major Label Level

For me, the first 4 albums will forever have a different value and I will never be able to put any of her other albums above those 4, because each of them had a different role in my life and were different on its own way.

Thankfully you're not asking about the least favorite

Old Post 10-17-2017 08:59 AM
cRosKy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cRosKy Click here to Send cRosKy a Private Message Find more posts by cRosKy Add cRosKy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy P!NK Fan
No..
When i heard Beautiful Trauma (song) and Whatever You Want for the first time, i said "This is going to be her best album".
But now that i think about it.. They all have their own meaning, their own story, their own era, their own phase in my life, their own special place in my music heart. My fav 2 songs (Free & Timebomb) are Bsides so that doesn't help either. And besides that, it really depends on what mood i am in.. one day i listen to 1 song or album on repeat non stop and then i don't for months.. so I choose the whole package

That's alright

Old Post 10-17-2017 09:44 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x_T_x
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy P!NK Fan
No..

Free is my favourite song of all of hers, after Family Portrait and LWTH..♥️

Old Post 10-17-2017 10:14 AM
x_T_x is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x_T_x Click here to Send x_T_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_T_x Add x_T_x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_O(+>_
1st #1 Movie Single Level

I'm refusing to vote

Old Post 10-17-2017 12:03 PM
_O(+>_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _O(+>_ Click here to Send _O(+>_ a Private Message Visit _O(+>_'s homepage! Find more posts by _O(+>_ Add _O(+>_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

This kind of things are very hard to do and probably not very accurate the days of new album dropping, cuz excitement doesn't make you have a honest opinion about the record imo.
I think in 6 months or 1 year from now we'll reconsider our opinions.

For years M!ssundaztood was my favorite album basically cuz it was the one that made me fall in love with P!nk and cuz Just Like A Pill, which I still thinking it's her best song ever, was in that record. But at the same time there are a lot of songs by Linda (which I think she's super overrated) that sound so basic in terms of production, sometimes when I listen to the album a have a feeling of listening to a raw cut, full of demos except for Dallas Austin's tracks, but at the same time there are songs like Eventually, My Vietnam and Gone To California that melt my heart every single time.
I love(d) Try This and I think most of us love the record cuz it was the first record we were waiting for, I mean most of us became fans during the M!ss era so... and the fact it was a flop made us a bit "protective" about the album. It's a fun record, great listen and everything but I think, after all these years, that the good thing on the record was that every song was recorded with real instruments and it sounded like a "live-in studio" album. But imagine songs like Trouble or Save My Life produced by people like Greg Kurstin, they'd sound so basic.
But at that time I was younger and I was a "new P!nk fan" so i was excited for everything came from her actually, so every new album had a "WOW, this is better than the previous one" effect. Funhouse was the first album that didn't make me feel like this, probably I was a bit older or probably I'm Not Dead was so good for me that it wasn't possible to top it.
But I always had this strange relation with Funhouse, for years it was my least fave after CTMH, even if it was full of songs that I consider my fave ever, so during the years while my passion for Try This was fading out, the love for Funhouse started to grow. I mean that record is full of gems like Sober, Mean, One Foot Wrong and Could've Had Everything that totally fit with my music taste.
The Truth About Love was love at first listen but it was the first record I get tired of in a very very short time, there are 20 songs and I'd probably listen to a couple of them.
I have the feeling it'll be the opposite situation for Beautiful Trauma, at first I didn't like the album at all, but every single song is growing a lot on me so probably in 1 year will be in a higher position in my personal album rank.
I honestly don't even consider Can't Take Me Home in this, it's a good album but I totally miss the "real P!nk" in it.

I'm Not Dead
we've waited so long for this beautiful album
I literally can't find anything bad in this record, everything was so good, songs, lyrics, vocals, production, even the tracks produced by the hitmakers were beyond amazing, Who Knew is just amazing and U + Ur Hand is probably the ultimate upbeat song by her imo.
Can we talk about BSides too? we had songs like Heartbreaker or Words that probably are better than half of The Truth About Love lol
The album art too, probably a bit kitsch but it was a real artwork that goes with that title which I think it's her best album title to date.
The only bad thing i would find in it is that Long Way To Happy wasn't released as single
I'm also very close to the record cuz during that era i met her twice, i gave her that drawing that appears in Nobody Knows video and last but not least i met all the italian fans that became very close friends and... Oddy <3

01. I'm Not Dead
02. M!ssundaztood
03. Funhouse
04. Try This
05. Beautiful Trauma
06. The Truth About Love
07. Can't Take Me Home

but i'm pretty sure my rank will be different in 1 year with Funhouse and Beautiful Trauma being in higher spots

Old Post 10-17-2017 12:57 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donna

Okay tough no particular order

TT
Miss
IND

However some of my favorites songs ain't even on them

Bit soon for BT as I have not processed it all yet it may knock one of the above out

Last edited by Donna on 10-17-2017 at 02:11 PM

Old Post 10-17-2017 02:08 PM
Donna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donna Click here to Send Donna a Private Message Visit Donna's homepage! Find more posts by Donna Add Donna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ILPINK
Platinum Level

I'm Not Dead
The Truth About Love
Beautiful Trauma

Old Post 10-17-2017 08:58 PM
ILPINK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ILPINK Click here to Send ILPINK a Private Message Find more posts by ILPINK Add ILPINK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supervinreturns
#1 Video and Single Level

Try This, I'm Not Dead and Beautiful Trauma.

And Rose Ave would've been 4.

Old Post 10-17-2017 09:01 PM
supervinreturns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supervinreturns Click here to Send supervinreturns a Private Message Find more posts by supervinreturns Add supervinreturns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackrosefore

1. Try This, 2. M!ss, and 3. Rose Ave.

I will have to spend time with BT to see how much I gravitate toward it.

I like a bunch of her b-sides and singles.

I guess the rest of my list would be:

5. TTAL ( the one and only instance where I saw her live on tour)
6. FH
7. CTMH
8. GH
9. IND

Old Post 10-19-2017 05:57 PM
blackrosefore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackrosefore Click here to Send blackrosefore a Private Message Find more posts by blackrosefore Add blackrosefore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patr!k
Major Label Level

This is very hard to do because I love every album P!nk released but there are times when I go for a long time (even years, too) when I don't listen to certain album but still I know it includes songs that I love.

I said number of times that Beautiful Trauma to me feels like her best album. It could be the excitement, I'm fully aware of that, but with hand on my heart I can confidently say, that she finally gave me THAT album I was waiting for after Funhouse, that artistic growth I was expecting after she went through her first pregnancy.

Anyway, I feel like my number 1 is I'm Not Dead for one simple reason. I listened to P!nk before this album, I knew who she was - as who could escape her during M!ss years and even Trouble + God is a DJ were constantly playing on TV.
But I remember how much I begged my mom to buy me her new album. She did. At first my mom wasn't sure, as I only seemed to fall in love with Stupid Girls and my mom thought I'd listen to it for a few weeks and then I'd forget about the album. (In her defence, that was a possibility with me.) But yeah, one day, I got money from my mom to buy the CD. I bought the CD, brought it home and listened to it for months and months over and over again. 11 years later and I'm still going strong. This CD made me a FAN! I - to this day - love every single song on that record. I listened the s*** out of this album!

Second, I'd say is Funhouse. Must be for one another reason - beside the fact the album is great and I really loved it (still do in certain ways!). It was the Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour when I saw P!nk live for the first time.

These all are those little side reasons that make an album to stand up above the others - it's the personal side of things, the feeling for certain songs, feelings you get, you connect the dots as it suits you. I love that every album to me feels different, brings back different memories, I love M!ss and Truth and so on... They all have different meaning so... in a few months time I can (and probably) will change my opinion on the order of my favourite albums, but in a way, IND will always be number one because of all the reasons (and ever more) stated above.

Old Post 10-21-2017 10:17 PM
patr!k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patr!k Click here to Send patr!k a Private Message Visit patr!k's homepage! Find more posts by patr!k Add patr!k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
I'm Not Dead
we've waited so long for this beautiful album
I literally can't find anything bad in this record, everything was so good, songs, lyrics, vocals, production, even the tracks produced by the hitmakers were beyond amazing, Who Knew is just amazing and U + Ur Hand is probably the ultimate upbeat song by her imo.
Can we talk about BSides too? we had songs like Heartbreaker or Words that probably are better than half of The Truth About Love lol
The album art too, probably a bit kitsch but it was a real artwork that goes with that title which I think it's her best album title to date.
The only bad thing i would find in it is that Long Way To Happy wasn't released as single

This is exactly how I feel about I'm Not Dead.

It's a whole lot more than a simple album. It touches dozens of topics, but never repeats itself. I can go on the tracklist (even the B-sides!) and I can't find one song that could be paired with another. It's about love which is present or lost, personal and social struggles, having fun and being alive...which means you're not dead after all. She has some impressive lyrical runs besides that album but man, some of the lyrics on IND are so witty, well-written and unique. You go through that album and you feel like it touches every aspect of your life for one song, like reading back your diary. And even if after 11 years the nostalgy makes it better, I still find myself going back randomly for 1-1 song and I'm like "woah this is still so amazing!".

The thing with BT is that it's repeating itself, especially lyrically. There are way too many songs about her dysfunctional relationship that it's starting to become too much. It's not a breakup album yet it is. It's weird. Musically and vocally it's great, I just seem not to be able to relate the whole theme for the album because it's more of a "beautiful trauma of our love" than "beautiful trauma of life" which she tends to make it out to be. Therefore the songs I love are the ones which tend to be social commentaries rather than stories of her love with Carey. Therefore I loved (!!!) rose ave. and it's my 3rd favorite album from her even if it's a joint effort. It showed that you can do a musically cohesive record which touches so many topics and general thoughts on life. I loved that!

Old Post 10-22-2017 09:14 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabry

miss
im not dead
ctmh

Old Post 10-22-2017 12:21 PM
gabry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabry Click here to Send gabry a Private Message Find more posts by gabry Add gabry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marica^
Top 100 Charts Level

These are mine..
1. IND
2. Missundaztood
3. Try This

These are so f....important to me <3

Old Post 10-24-2017 08:36 AM
Marica^ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marica^ Click here to Send Marica^ a Private Message Find more posts by Marica^ Add Marica^ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote