Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Q&A with #KAABOO headliner, rock star, soccer mom & all-around bad-*** Pink.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

Q&A with #KAABOO headliner, rock star, soccer mom & all-around bad-*** Pink.

TELL ME WHERE THIS RECORD BEGAN FOR YOU. WAS THERE A SPECIFIC GOAL IN MIND? DID A SPECIFIC TRACK KICKOFF THE REST OF THE WRITING/SONG-SELECTION/PROCESS?
Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken was one, when I felt my record might be starting. There was no goal other than not to have an album full of slow sad songs. Because that’s all I had for a while, and I just wanted to record well, better than I have done before, just because I’ve never been that great of a recorder, I’m always better live. I just wanted to be better in my recording. And I think You Get My Love is the best vocal performance I’ve ever done in my entire life. And so it kind of steamrolled from there.

IT’S BEEN FIVE YEARS SINCE THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE, AND A LOT HAS CHANGED IN THE TIME SINCE THEN, BOTH IN THE WORLD (HI, DONALD TRUMP!) AND PERSONALLY (YOU BECAME A MOTHER FOR THE SECOND TIME). HAS ANY OF THAT INFLUENCED WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO ON THIS ALBUM? IF SO, HOW AND HOW DOES THAT SHOW UP IN THE MUSIC?
I think one thing is that I had a lot my time to live my life between records this time, than I have ever had before to record in between any other previous records. We are always very involved in real life, real people with real struggles, and are constantly watching the news and just taking it all in, there is so much information to take in. But at the same time we live on a farm, so… I’ve been a SoccerMom for four years, taking my daughter to pre-school, doing bake sales, lemonade stands, kindergarten, and all that sort of **** stuff. So yeah – because I’m writing the songs, it’s all a reflection. I feel each album is a snapshot of where you are you are at that time. They say your first record takes 20 years, and your second one takes six months, but each time is just a snapshot of where you are, if you’re being honest.

WE’VE HEARD ABOUT SOME OF THE COLLABORATIONS YOU’VE WORKED WITH AND GOT TO HEAR THE JACK ANTONOFF PAIRING — SUPER, SUPER FUN! WHY DID YOU WANT TO SEEK HIM OUT AND WHAT WAS IT LIKE WORKING TOGETHER?
I love Jack. I had worked with Nate from Fun and I just love his full thing. This quirky Bruce Springsteen loving rad New Jersey Dude. He’s so loveable. I just love him. I thought we might have fun together and I was right. He’s just rad.
YOUR VOICE IS VERY FRONT-AND-CENTER IN ALL OF THE TRACKS THAT I’VE GOTTEN TO HEAR. IT SOUNDS AMAZING AND FEELS REALLY POWERFUL. WAS THERE ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT WANTING TO MAKE EVEN MORE OF A VOCAL STATEMENT NOW?
I had an absolute intention not to suck!!! Laughs.

I GUESS I WONDER, MORE GENERALLY, THIS MANY ALBUMS IN, THIS MANY MILLIONS OF RECORDS SOLD, THIS MANY AWARDS WON…WHAT DO YOU STILL HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH? WHAT’S MOTIVATING THIS NEW ALBUM/ERA OF YOUR CAREER?
What I do. It’s who I am. I get to be creative. I get to write songs. How rad is that? I get to go on tour, with all these people who are my family. Do I still have **** to prove to myself – yes. I feel like the people who get it – get it. And the people who don’t – aren’t ever going to. I feel like I’m at a place, where I’m really ok with that.
Like my manager, Roger and I were discussing a bunch of different album covers, and he showed me a picture, and he said ‘And this one – well the fans will love that, but what about…’ And I said ‘There is no “what about”, nobody! There are people who will listen to the record and will love it, and that picture is speaking for them.’ I don’t need to court, I’m not speed dating. I’m just doing what I do. And if you come to it – then rad. So. What am I trying to do? Show my kids the world. And to have connection during my live show. True honest connection, and that’s not bull****. And maybe write a song that makes people feel better.

https://www.kaaboodelmar.com/news-f...boo/qa-with-pnk

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-16-2017 03:41 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

"What am I trying to do? Show my kids the world. And to have connection during my live show. True honest connection, and that’s not bull****. And maybe write a song that makes people feel better."

♥ ♥ ♥

Old Post 09-16-2017 03:50 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!
Triple Platinum Record Level

Great! Thanks for sharing!!!

Old Post 09-17-2017 12:54 AM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dfantasy
World Tour Level

Why are all her interviews the same. These interviewers need to ask better questions

Old Post 09-17-2017 01:51 AM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skye
World Tour Level

quote:
Originally posted by dfantasy
Why are all her interviews the same. These interviewers need to ask better questions

Agree! I'm so bored of hearing the same questions with the same answers, let alone how P!nk would feel answering the same thing a hundred times over! I feel she sounds over it with a fake laugh in so many I've listened to lately lol & I know Willow & Jameson are her kids & I love hearing things about them, but in her own time on social media! I'm so sick of interviews being filled up about her motherhood! I want to hear about music/tour plans!

Old Post 09-17-2017 07:28 AM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

I want to her a long 60 min interview or a documentary in some form. I'm tired of hearing the same story all over again and it's been literally YEARS since she's talked about her music for more than 10 seconds. Sometimes they interrupt her and most of the time she avoids the answer and starts telling stories about her kids. I know she loves them and her stories are hilarious but when they ask her about her music I would love to hear an answer of that. There's a place for everything.

Old Post 09-17-2017 11:56 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Thank you! That's exactly what I've been saying in that other thread. Thought it was just me being grumpy

Old Post 09-17-2017 12:27 PM