Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > Music and Lyrics forum > Anyone else feel ..
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
*GuiltY*
Triple Platinum Record Level

Anyone else feel ..

Like Pink's new albums a bit of a let down?

i've loved her for years and every other album she has made. But the songs on The Truth About Love all just sound a bit the same and none really stand out. Whereas on other albums, every song was about something different and had a totally different sound to it.

Maybe I've just outgrown her or something but I just can't get into her new album

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2012 12:59 PM
*GuiltY* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *GuiltY* Click here to Send *GuiltY* a Private Message Visit *GuiltY*'s homepage! Find more posts by *GuiltY* Add *GuiltY* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gewürzgurke

Re: Anyone else feel ..

quote:
Originally posted by *GuiltY*
no, not at all

Old Post 10-05-2012 01:10 PM
gewürzgurke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gewürzgurke Click here to Send gewürzgurke a Private Message Find more posts by gewürzgurke Add gewürzgurke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flippaxxx
#1 Single Level

nope!

Old Post 10-05-2012 01:40 PM
flippaxxx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flippaxxx Click here to Send flippaxxx a Private Message Find more posts by flippaxxx Add flippaxxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

I dont.

I think her new album is FANTASTIC. And Im not just saying that..the newness has gone and I still love it. I was slowly losing interest with IND/Funhouse, but this record took her to a whole new level.

Im quite happy.

Old Post 10-06-2012 12:13 AM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

No.

The songs on this album are more similar over all than usually though, youre right about that. But ive came to love many of them already. I dont feel let down at all.

Old Post 10-06-2012 08:52 AM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrpink627

the lyrics arent as deep, and some are not as clever or meaningful,

but i love the album. I was not disappointed. There is so much diversity in this album. Its fun, its rock, its pop and r&b but we also get to see this beautiful awkward vulnerability in some songs. It is a lot deeper than its shallow exterior the more you soak in it

Old Post 10-06-2012 09:07 AM
mrpink627 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrpink627 Click here to Send mrpink627 a Private Message Find more posts by mrpink627 Add mrpink627 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

More like the opposite!

I didn't know what to expect and my expectations weren't too high either, so when I heard it all, baaaaam!

Old Post 10-06-2012 09:07 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by mrpink627
the lyrics arent as deep, and some are not as clever or meaningful,

but i love the album. I was not disappointed. There is so much diversity in this album. Its fun, its rock, its pop and r&b but we also get to see this beautiful awkward vulnerability in some songs. It is a lot deeper than its shallow exterior the more you soak in it

Beam me up is lyrically genius!

Old Post 10-06-2012 09:08 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrpink627

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Beam me up is lyrically genius!

of course there are exceptions! I think there are SO MANY amazing lyrics in this album. I was pretty much looking at Slt Like You, Here Comes the Weekend, etc.

there is nothing wrong with some fun songs with shallow lyrics, I love em

Old Post 10-06-2012 09:23 AM
mrpink627 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrpink627 Click here to Send mrpink627 a Private Message Find more posts by mrpink627 Add mrpink627 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HBK-79
Top 100 Charts Level

It's not her best musically or lyrically. But it's keeping fans happy.

She's slaying, and that's all I care about.

Old Post 10-07-2012 12:07 AM
HBK-79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HBK-79 Click here to Send HBK-79 a Private Message Find more posts by HBK-79 Add HBK-79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dff1985
Top 100 Charts Level

yes

Old Post 10-07-2012 05:31 AM
dff1985 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dff1985 Click here to Send dff1985 a Private Message Find more posts by dff1985 Add dff1985 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve-kds2
1st #1 Movie Single Level

Re: Anyone else feel ..

quote:
Originally posted by *GuiltY*

i've loved her for years and every other album she has made. But the songs on The Truth About Love all just sound a bit the same and none really stand out. Whereas on other albums, every song was about something different and had a totally different sound to it.

Maybe I've just outgrown her or something but I just can't get into her new album

"Maybe I've just outgrown her or something but I just can't get into her new album "

Nobody's going to say or admint it here!
You are Brave!

This CD is differant & its not you!
P!nks Cd always had a lot of differant types of song's but less for FH & even less songs for this one

I only listen to it twice so I have not given it a fair shake yet!
but its not looking good
I been trying to figure this album out but its not my Rock N Roll P!nk & I don't like Mariah Carey

Last edited by Steve-kds2 on 03-21-2013 at 04:28 PM

Old Post 10-07-2012 08:37 PM
Steve-kds2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve-kds2 Click here to Send Steve-kds2 a Private Message Find more posts by Steve-kds2 Add Steve-kds2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kr@zy4P!nk

It's not my favorite, but I enjoy listening to it. It's a very happy record-- one to play during a sunny day or to get pumped before going out. I prefer her sad songs which were what made me love pink. Although, since these songs reflect how pink is feeling, I'm happy that she's happy.

Beam me up is among my least favorite song. I guess I can't relate to it.
True Love is up near the top. It's such a ridiculously cheesy song. I love goofing around and dancing by myself to it.

Old Post 10-07-2012 10:52 PM
Kr@zy4P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kr@zy4P!nk Click here to Send Kr@zy4P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by Kr@zy4P!nk Add Kr@zy4P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve-kds2
1st #1 Movie Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Kr@zy4P!nk
It's not my favorite, but I enjoy listening to it. It's a very happy record-- one to play during a sunny day or to get pumped before going out. I prefer her sad songs which were what made me love pink. Although, since these songs reflect how pink is feeling, I'm happy that she's happy.

Beam me up is among my least favorite song. I guess I can't relate to it.
True Love is up near the top. It's such a ridiculously cheesy song. I love goofing around and dancing by myself to it.

Just saw P!nk tue!
Tfp
I was thinking about what you said for the longest time, So I Put on my Happy feet & off I went! LOL

so here it is & the girl in front of me was wearing her happy feet too!
& P!nk was wearing a Happy Face

Anyway I wanted you to be the first to see P!nks Happy Feet!
I thinking everybodys is Youtube out! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkINNqYtF6c

Attachment: youtube 800.jpg
This has been downloaded 127 time(s).

Last edited by Steve-kds2 on 03-21-2013 at 05:33 PM

Old Post 03-21-2013 04:50 PM
Steve-kds2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve-kds2 Click here to Send Steve-kds2 a Private Message Find more posts by Steve-kds2 Add Steve-kds2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseP!nkman
#1 Single Level

ya the new album sucks kinda.

Old Post 03-29-2013 06:04 PM
JesseP!nkman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseP!nkman Click here to Send JesseP!nkman a Private Message Find more posts by JesseP!nkman Add JesseP!nkman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote