Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Pinkspage.com / Forum FAQ > Getting Banned
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Secret Agent
Administrator

Getting Banned

This is just an FYI so you folk understand the conditions by which users get banned. If you use foul language, you will be banned. Many of you have 1000's of posts. While we love your dedication, that is not a free pass to use bad language. The rule is simple: Curse or use foul and abusive language: you get banned. Pretty simple, and far from a condition that will prohibit you from enjoying or contributing to the boards.

Because of the volume on this message board, you will not be notified before being banned. If you curse or use foul language in your posts, you will be banned. You can send me a private message and state your case, but the use of abusive or foul language is a condition that agree not to participate in when you sign up for the boards.

I have received a few e mails saying, "P!nk curses, this rule is hypocritical" and "everyone curses just deal with it". Well, we don't have to deal with it. The conditions that apply to an adult when they respond to interviews for various different media outlets do not translate to an online community who's particpants primarily are comprised of users under the age of 18. This rule is in effect because unfortunately in many message boards, some users can't seem to make posts without being abusive or using foul language. If that describes you- this is not the message board for you.

Everyone uses their own reasoning for choosing to appreciate the goal of this message board or not. If you feel that this privately owned message board infringes your freedom of speech by banning foul and abusive language, it is within your ability to establish your own web page and message board to express your views and within our rights to run this online area in a manner that allows fans to support P!nks music and express their views without falling prey to creating an environment that is uncomfortable or unsocial because of bad language.

There are fans on this board from all over the world. They unite here because they have something in common which is being a fan of P!nk and her music. I thnk we can all share and discuss every idea or topic you can imagine without name calling or being abusive, no matter how much we may use that language in real life.

I don't like banning anyone. It is a drag, but I believe in the spirit of why this board has such a rule and it makes this board one of the best ones out there. It takes all of us to make this place great, and only one person to poison the water. Don't let the spirit of this great community get bogged down by infighting and squabbling over the desire of a few to express their negative views in abusive ways, no matter how commonplace it may seem.

thanks,

secret agent

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2003 03:51 PM
Secret Agent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Secret Agent Click here to Send Secret Agent a Private Message Visit Secret Agent's homepage! Find more posts by Secret Agent Add Secret Agent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote