Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Confessions.
Pages (919): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Black_Keyz

quote:
Originally posted by inPINKside2108
I need a source. I'm sure a new law regarding this would be huge national news considering that would take all paparazzi out of business. The key word is "public."

@Black_Keyz: lmao, sure, if it happens in public, that's completely fair. Good luck getting that shot. Although, I have friends that think it's funny to untie my top when I'm swimming, and watch me struggle to keep my head above water and retie it when we go tubing on the river...

Awesome. I have hope

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-29-2011 10:07 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inPINKside2108
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz
Awesome. I have hope

I'm a ninja, it'll never happen.

Old Post 08-29-2011 10:14 PM
inPINKside2108 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inPINKside2108 Click here to Send inPINKside2108 a Private Message Visit inPINKside2108's homepage! Find more posts by inPINKside2108 Add inPINKside2108 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumhole

quote:
Originally posted by #winning
i recently heard that it's illegal to photograph someone without their consent.
I know it's illegal to publish pictures online without consent, at least in Belgium. Not that anyone actually cares 'bout it, but it's a law.

Old Post 08-29-2011 10:51 PM
Bumhole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bumhole Click here to Send Bumhole a Private Message Find more posts by Bumhole Add Bumhole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
Originally posted by Bumhole
I know it's illegal to publish pictures online without consent, at least in Belgium. Not that anyone actually cares 'bout it, but it's a law.
meh u can just blur their faces out a bit or put a black dot on it

Old Post 08-29-2011 10:54 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quido
#1 Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Little_Peculiar
meh u can just blur their faces out a bit or put a black dot on it
a black dot is overmuch agressive, I'm for mild blur...

Old Post 08-29-2011 11:30 PM
Quido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Quido Click here to Send Quido a Private Message Find more posts by Quido Add Quido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadInfluence
Banned

come on come ON!

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:10 PM
BadInfluence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BadInfluence Click here to Send BadInfluence a Private Message Visit BadInfluence's homepage! Find more posts by BadInfluence Add BadInfluence to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nicotine.Head

I'm not against digital photography, it just annoys me how "seizing the moment" has gone down the drain. When you took your film camera somewhere, you thought twice about what to take a picture of and then had it developed. It was sort of magical in a way, you never knew what came out of it etc. Nowadays, you just look after taking every single picture and since you can't waste any space that would cost money, you take a thousand pictures in one night. That sucks imo. When I was in Disneyland a couple of weeks earlier (don't ask), we went to see an evening parade and since it was dark already I could see those hundreds maybe thousands of cameras lit up and flash every second. And on and on.

But whatever, that's what this world has come to, I can cope. What I don't like is how many pictures of me can be up there on the internet without me even knowing it. And it's all fine if somebody doesn't tag me but that only means there is a photo of me out there that I don't know about. I am not super concerned about privacy, but digital photography along with social networking opened up this whole new world where you get to post pictures of someone throwing up, like it, retweet it, reblog it and nobody cares. And if you're the person throwing up, well, tough luck.

And no, I wasn't throwing up anywhere, I just realized this when I was sitting at a table with three people out of ten having their cameras out, taking pictures of "OUR FIRST BEER", "OUR FIRST SHOT", "SARAH JUST LAUGHED","OUR SHOES, LOOK!", "OUR SECOND BEER!" ... It's ridiculous and I refuse to buy into this.

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:42 PM
Nicotine.Head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nicotine.Head Click here to Send Nicotine.Head a Private Message Find more posts by Nicotine.Head Add Nicotine.Head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nicotine.Head

And from what I've read, it's not illegal to post pictures of anyone anywhere. Otherwise there would be millions of lawsuits flying around. I took a picture with my cellphone and there were five people on it. Five faces that you can clearly recognize. And what you gonna do?

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:43 PM
Nicotine.Head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nicotine.Head Click here to Send Nicotine.Head a Private Message Find more posts by Nicotine.Head Add Nicotine.Head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumhole

quote:
Originally posted by Nicotine.Head
And from what I've read, it's not illegal to post pictures of anyone anywhere. Otherwise there would be millions of lawsuits flying around. I took a picture with my cellphone and there were five people on it. Five faces that you can clearly recognize. And what you gonna do?
I guess my education lied to me then.

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:46 PM
Bumhole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bumhole Click here to Send Bumhole a Private Message Find more posts by Bumhole Add Bumhole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumhole

Damn insecurity. Damn tears. Damn dad for yelling at me for crying when I'm insecure.

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:47 PM
Nicotine.Head

And one last thing.. about doing embarrassing things in public. Sometimes people do embarrassing things and others used to let it go and then maybe bring it up in a convo sometimes, like "Do you remember when..." and then we can laugh it off. But when your "friends" post pics of it somewhere online, it's a whole different story. My friend got wasted really bad the other day and he got really sick. Like REALLY. He threw up next to a table in a bar somewhere and there was this one person that took a CELLPHONE picture of him and put it up on Facebook. Tagging him of course. And now there's twenty comments and thirty likes and the guy who threw up can't do sht.

You might say he shouldn't have drank so much. I say that this is just too much and degrading as if the whole throwing up in a bar wasn't enough.

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:48 PM
Nicotine.Head

quote:
Originally posted by Bumhole
I guess my education lied to me then.

Oh I'm not saying it isn't illegal in Belgium. I should rephrase that, I read about some other countries like Britain, U.S. etc. I totally missed your post, my bad.

Old Post 08-30-2011 12:49 PM
*Dreamer 13*

Working 10 hour days is really making me hate my job.

Hopefully this Disney thing works out. I need a change of scenery.

Old Post 08-30-2011 03:19 PM
*Dreamer 13* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *Dreamer 13* Click here to Send *Dreamer 13* a Private Message Find more posts by *Dreamer 13* Add *Dreamer 13* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumhole

quote:
Oh I'm not saying it isn't illegal in Belgium. I should rephrase that, I read about some other countries like Britain, U.S. etc. I totally missed your post, my bad.
I was in a very bad mood when I replied, so I'm sorry 'bout that 2-3 years ago I kinda got into trouble for putting pictures online from teachers. So, yeah..

Old Post 08-30-2011 06:22 PM
inPINKside2108

quote:
I'm not against digital photography, it just annoys me how "seizing the moment" has gone down the drain. When you took your film camera somewhere, you thought twice about what to take a picture of and then had it developed. It was sort of magical in a way, you never knew what came out of it etc. Nowadays, you just look after taking every single picture and since you can't waste any space that would cost money, you take a thousand pictures in one night. That sucks imo. When I was in Disneyland a couple of weeks earlier (don't ask), we went to see an evening parade and since it was dark already I could see those hundreds maybe thousands of cameras lit up and flash every second. And on and on.

But whatever, that's what this world has come to, I can cope. What I don't like is how many pictures of me can be up there on the internet without me even knowing it. And it's all fine if somebody doesn't tag me but that only means there is a photo of me out there that I don't know about. I am not super concerned about privacy, but digital photography along with social networking opened up this whole new world where you get to post pictures of someone throwing up, like it, retweet it, reblog it and nobody cares. And if you're the person throwing up, well, tough luck.

And no, I wasn't throwing up anywhere, I just realized this when I was sitting at a table with three people out of ten having their cameras out, taking pictures of "OUR FIRST BEER", "OUR FIRST SHOT", "SARAH JUST LAUGHED","OUR SHOES, LOOK!", "OUR SECOND BEER!" ... It's ridiculous and I refuse to buy into this.

Maybe your values don't align with those of your friends. In which case get new ones..

You might as well be a hermit if you don't want to be photographed. That issue with being photographed without your knowledge has been relevant all your life regardless whether it was a digital or film camera. Not everyone who takes pictures is cognizant of the area beside the subject..there will be people in the background.

If you look at a portfolio you can't tell if the pictures are taken with digital or film cameras. I can make digital prints look like they were shot with a film camera if I want. So what's the point of this hipster 'holier than thou' attitude? Good photography is good photography. Why waste the resources required for a film camera? Surely you very rarely get the shot on the first try. Or, god forbid you find a way to make the shot better when you're in the middle of a shoot. And believe me, film photographers go through a lot of film during their shoots as well.

Old Post 08-30-2011 06:54 PM
inPINKside2108 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inPINKside2108 Click here to Send inPINKside2108 a Private Message Visit inPINKside2108's homepage! Find more posts by inPINKside2108 Add inPINKside2108 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote