Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Confessions.
Pages (917): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nicotine.Head
Triple Platinum Record Level

I got sick. My throat hurt so much I couldn't smoke. And since it is said that the physical dependance lasts for three weeks after you quit, I waited those three, then got drunk, smoked a whole cigarette and threw up minutes after that since my body wasn't used to the nicotine. I had a puff from someone since then when I was out drinking but that has been months now. You just have to be prepared it ain't gonna be easy and the cravings don't really go away but they keep getting smaller.

My motivation was my boyfriend who is a non smoker. And also all the health benefits. I even downloaded an android app that helped me monitor how much money I've saved, what things I have reached (sudden death risk elimination etc.) and so on, so that helped too. I also felt like **** after that one whole cigarette, mentally that is.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-31-2011 11:03 AM
Nicotine.Head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nicotine.Head Click here to Send Nicotine.Head a Private Message Find more posts by Nicotine.Head Add Nicotine.Head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
Originally posted by #winning
you people who have quit smoking make me feel like crap. how do you do it?

my heart is gonna explode if i keep smoking when i get on t.

my mother and aunts got some kinds of pills that u start taking a few weeks or so before u actually stops, it makes u feel sick of smoking or something. not entirely sure, but it worked for them. sure they all started smoking again a good while later but yeah they atleast managed to take a break for a year or so with help from those pills at the start. im sure there are something like it over there too

Old Post 08-31-2011 01:53 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P!nkfan#1
Banned

lol I managed to enter the wrong lection today haha, I figured it out pretty fast tho, because I had no clue what they were talking about

Old Post 08-31-2011 02:34 PM
P!nkfan#1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P!nkfan#1 Click here to Send P!nkfan#1 a Private Message Visit P!nkfan#1's homepage! Find more posts by P!nkfan#1 Add P!nkfan#1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¤ Nina Myers ¤

quote:
Originally posted by #winning
you people who have quit smoking make me feel like crap. how do you do it?

my heart is gonna explode if i keep smoking when i get on t.

i spent the whole month with non smokers, plus it was very hot outside and i didn't feel like smoking at all.
I'm seeing my smoker friends tomorrow, i'm pretty sure ill end up with a pack in my bag before i know it.

just quit.
you have something much more important ahead of you.

Old Post 08-31-2011 02:57 PM
¤ Nina Myers ¤ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ¤ Nina Myers ¤ Click here to Send ¤ Nina Myers ¤ a Private Message Find more posts by ¤ Nina Myers ¤ Add ¤ Nina Myers ¤ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

I'm a smoker. I smoke menthol. I go to an urban area and I'm guaranteed to be hit up for a cig.

Right now I've got this phlemy phlem that's being coughed up. It tastes horrible. But the weather did just get colder and my sinuses don't like drops in temperature.

But I can't quit.

I like not being in prison for murder

Old Post 08-31-2011 03:14 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
#winning
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Little_Peculiar
my mother and aunts got some kinds of pills that u start taking a few weeks or so before u actually stops, it makes u feel sick of smoking or something. not entirely sure, but it worked for them. sure they all started smoking again a good while later but yeah they atleast managed to take a break for a year or so with help from those pills at the start. im sure there are something like it over there too
there are two different kinds over here. the ones you pay out of pocket for, and the ones insurance will pay for. the ones you pay out of pocket for seem to be pretty excellent, but i'm not gonna do that. i can't afford expensive things. i guess i could have my insurance company pay for them, but then they'd find out i'm a smoker and there are terrible repercussions for that.

anyway, i tried the one that's an antidepressant that's often used to help people quit smoking. it worked in the sense that it made me sick as hell. i couldn't do anything. smoking was not even close to on my mind. it was hell. i stopped taking it after a week and a half, then went back to smoking a month later.

i just really, really love it. i'm with cory. menthol all the way. prison isn't appealing.

Old Post 08-31-2011 04:20 PM
#winning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #winning Click here to Send #winning a Private Message Find more posts by #winning Add #winning to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¤ Nina Myers ¤

i somehow ended up in the ****pit with the two pilots for like half of the flight. it was so awesome.

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:06 PM
¤ Nina Myers ¤ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ¤ Nina Myers ¤ Click here to Send ¤ Nina Myers ¤ a Private Message Find more posts by ¤ Nina Myers ¤ Add ¤ Nina Myers ¤ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¤ Nina Myers ¤

^ c o c k p i t

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:07 PM
Bumhole

quote:
Originally posted by ¤ Nina Myers ¤
i somehow ended up in the ****pit with the two pilots for like half of the flight. it was so awesome.
Sounds so dirty.

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:07 PM
Bumhole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bumhole Click here to Send Bumhole a Private Message Find more posts by Bumhole Add Bumhole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¤ Nina Myers ¤

quote:
Originally posted by Bumhole
Sounds so dirty.

haha was great

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:09 PM
Quido
#1 Single Level

quote:
Sounds so dirty.
yea.. imagine a pit full of c0cks..

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:10 PM
Quido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Quido Click here to Send Quido a Private Message Find more posts by Quido Add Quido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quido
#1 Single Level

anyway who'll repair this pp timemachine? we're still about 15minutes in future...

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:13 PM
Quido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Quido Click here to Send Quido a Private Message Find more posts by Quido Add Quido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumhole

quote:
Originally posted by ¤ Nina Myers ¤
haha was great
Were they french? 'cause who else would want to have a française with them in the c.ockpit for a long flight?

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:21 PM
Bumhole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bumhole Click here to Send Bumhole a Private Message Find more posts by Bumhole Add Bumhole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumhole

First day of work tomorrow. Lucky me, I get to be at the train station at 6am. Someone is going to have a bad morning mood tomorrow.

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:23 PM
¤ Nina Myers ¤

quote:
Were they french? 'cause who else would want to have a française with them in the c.ockpit for a long flight?

ahah yes they were, I'm not sure you mean that in the way they would be bored to death or not focused enough

Old Post 08-31-2011 10:25 PM