Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > they parted with drummer and i didnt evin know
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
*unwanted*
Banned

they parted with drummer and i didnt evin know

oh my god im heart broken strangly feels like someone has died or somthing
well i hadent hurd a peep about this...and ive just read it on the websiote
the infermation was reliced late last year

thankgod i got to see them perform all in once pise....
but i odno if it will ever be the same agen

PLACEBO PART COMPANY WITH DRUMMER STEVE HEWITT

Placebo have parted company with drummer of 11 years, Steve Hewitt, due to personal and musical differences.

Brian Molko commented "Being in a band is very much like being in a marriage, and in couples - in this case a triple - people can grow apart over the years. To say that you don't love your partner anymore is inaccurate, considering all that you've been through and achieved together. There simply comes a point when you realize that you want different things from your relationship and that you can no longer live under the same roof, so to speak."

The split is amicable and a sad time for both parties. Steve Hewitt replaced Robert Schultzberg behind the drum kit in 1996 whilst the band were promoting Placebo’s eponymous debut album and went on to record the following 4 studio albums ‘Without You I’m Nothing’, ‘Black Market Music’, ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ and most recently ‘Meds’.

Placebo have just returned from the USA where they were part of the high profile ‘Projekt Revolution Tour’ alongside Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. The band are now taking a well earned break.

Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal will begin work on Placebo’s 6th studio album next Spring and are in no rush to find an immediate replacement for Steve.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2008 08:08 PM
*unwanted* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *unwanted* Click here to Send *unwanted* a Private Message Find more posts by *unwanted* Add *unwanted* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anacreon
Platinum Level

Sux. At least it was amicable. The fact that they're not moving to replace him tells me that there's a lot of respect there...

Old Post 05-07-2008 08:15 PM
Anacreon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anacreon Click here to Send Anacreon a Private Message Find more posts by Anacreon Add Anacreon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*unwanted*
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Anacreon
Sux. At least it was amicable. The fact that they're not moving to replace him tells me that there's a lot of respect there...

well it has been 11 years!
but i think if they had been mid album or mid tour he would of been replaced in the blink of an eye...theve just finished a huge tour after a cupple of years of doing nothing...so ide say there gonnan have a long break...

Old Post 05-07-2008 08:18 PM
*unwanted* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *unwanted* Click here to Send *unwanted* a Private Message Find more posts by *unwanted* Add *unwanted* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anacreon
Platinum Level

true (abt the replacement). I'm gonna have to read up on the situation 'cause I had no idea...

Old Post 05-07-2008 08:23 PM
Anacreon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anacreon Click here to Send Anacreon a Private Message Find more posts by Anacreon Add Anacreon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*unwanted*
Banned

ah im gonna miss him
u cant replace a genious like that

Old Post 05-19-2008 10:21 PM
Julia_08
Triple Platinum Record Level

its been forever!!!!!

Well Brian is doing something solo..cant wait

Old Post 05-22-2008 10:41 AM
Julia_08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Julia_08 Click here to Send Julia_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Julia_08 Add Julia_08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sunchild
Banned

I thought you were a fan this is such old news dude

Old Post 05-23-2008 06:57 PM
sunchild is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sunchild Click here to Send sunchild a Private Message Find more posts by sunchild Add sunchild to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*unwanted*
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sunchild
I thought you were a fan this is such old news dude

i am a fan a huge fan...but placebo are priticaly unherd of in ireland never in the news or magazeens or evin on tv...unles there rpmoting an album but still there coverage would be very VERY small... the only way to hear abut them is gossip online or threw their website..

and when i moved out of home i didnt have internet?so i wasent on their site?

still cant belive it tho...its not gonna be the same

Old Post 05-25-2008 09:08 PM
sunchild
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by *unwanted*
i am a fan a huge fan...but placebo are priticaly unherd of in ireland never in the news or magazeens or evin on tv...unles there rpmoting an album but still there coverage would be very VERY small... the only way to hear abut them is gossip online or threw their website..

and when i moved out of home i didnt have internet?so i wasent on their site?

still cant belive it tho...its not gonna be the same

they had send a message on myspace, that's how i found out (plus julia was talking about it) cause they don't talk bout them here either unless they're doing a gig or have a new album.

it's not gonna be the same, but we'll have to wait to see if they're still good. If not, well we've seen them live before so we should be happy we have.

Old Post 05-26-2008 03:08 PM
sunchild is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sunchild Click here to Send sunchild a Private Message Find more posts by sunchild Add sunchild to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*unwanted*
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sunchild
they had send a message on myspace, that's how i found out (plus julia was talking about it) cause they don't talk bout them here either unless they're doing a gig or have a new album.

it's not gonna be the same, but we'll have to wait to see if they're still good. If not, well we've seen them live before so we should be happy we have.

well its not gonna be the same but there still gonna be good i mean anything biran dose is great
and yeah im so glad ive seen them as the classic 3 that they are...
(dont go on myspace)

will be weird with a new guy wont it? well have to just wait and see!

Old Post 05-26-2008 05:22 PM