Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > Depression
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
im_totally_dead
Triple Platinum Record Level

Depression

Anyone else dealing with major transitions in their lives? I'm feeling really lost right now and need a hand from someone. I don't know anyone on this god forsaken island and it's starting to bum me out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2008 05:35 PM
im_totally_dead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for im_totally_dead Click here to Send im_totally_dead a Private Message Find more posts by im_totally_dead Add im_totally_dead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tdkeirns
Platinum Level

Hey, I'm here to talk to if you need it!

What's up?

Old Post 05-09-2008 05:51 PM
tdkeirns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdkeirns Click here to Send tdkeirns a Private Message Find more posts by tdkeirns Add tdkeirns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grenn-O
Banned

hey, it's alright. talk to us.
i bet, here are a lot of people in the same situation... including me

Old Post 05-09-2008 06:02 PM
Grenn-O is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grenn-O Click here to Send Grenn-O a Private Message Find more posts by Grenn-O Add Grenn-O to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
im_totally_dead
Triple Platinum Record Level

Well, I just moved to Manhattan to start grad school, and it just hit me like a dead weight: I'm a grown up. No more innocence, no more fun. All I have now is bills and stress - and none of my friends from New Jersey or Ohio are here to help me through it. I'm sure I'll make friends here soon, and I've already met some sweet girls in my program that have sort of taken me under their wing, but right now it's just bad. I feel sort of ... swampy, if that makes any sense.

Ah, well, I'm a chronic complainer anyway, but thanks for listening.

Old Post 05-09-2008 06:09 PM
im_totally_dead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for im_totally_dead Click here to Send im_totally_dead a Private Message Find more posts by im_totally_dead Add im_totally_dead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wild angel
Banned

I know what you mean,we`re in those years when we feel a little lost. So many changes and all...

Old Post 05-09-2008 06:25 PM
Wild angel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wild angel Click here to Send Wild angel a Private Message Find more posts by Wild angel Add Wild angel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grenn-O
Banned

i know, it sounds cliche, dull and pretty obvious, but it'll get better
i still have some very depressing moments but i learned how to control or get rid of 'em.
but it hit me when one day a fellow student/kinda friend told me, that i'm a bit of a depressive dude... it took 5 seconds, then i felt flattered actually

Old Post 05-09-2008 06:29 PM
Grenn-O is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grenn-O Click here to Send Grenn-O a Private Message Find more posts by Grenn-O Add Grenn-O to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tdkeirns
Platinum Level

quote:
Originally posted by im_totally_dead
Well, I just moved to Manhattan to start grad school, and it just hit me like a dead weight: I'm a grown up. No more innocence, no more fun. All I have now is bills and stress - and none of my friends from New Jersey or Ohio are here to help me through it. I'm sure I'll make friends here soon, and I've already met some sweet girls in my program that have sort of taken me under their wing, but right now it's just bad. I feel sort of ... swampy, if that makes any sense.

Ah, well, I'm a chronic complainer anyway, but thanks for listening.

Ahhh. Yes, being a grown up is a shock when it finally hits you that you are the one that is responsible for everything. I'm still adjusting!

I know that every major change in my life, moving from high school to college, from college to a job, from one job to another job was very difficult. You tend to lose touch with those friends that were so close in your past. But eventually you start to make new friends and it does get better.

I understand the swampy feeling! Kind of bogged down by everything, overwhelmed by the changes, sad because the friends aren't there, etc.

You can always talk here on PP. It's amazing how much the people on here can help, even though you have never met them.

Hang in there!

Old Post 05-09-2008 07:03 PM
tdkeirns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdkeirns Click here to Send tdkeirns a Private Message Find more posts by tdkeirns Add tdkeirns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cranium2
#1 Single Level

i just smacked myself up with xanax to get through the stress. it kind of helped, but then coming off xanax was a totally diffrent story.
i guess you kind of need to keep pushing yourself, sooner or later it'll get better and more relaxed. it always does.

Old Post 05-09-2008 09:38 PM
Cranium2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cranium2 Find more posts by Cranium2 Add Cranium2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
famou$
Banned

Re: Depression

quote:
Originally posted by im_totally_dead
Anyone else dealing with major transitions in their lives?

uh...yeah.
and it just so happens to be called getting sober.

Old Post 05-10-2008 07:22 AM
famou$ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for famou$ Click here to Send famou$ a Private Message Find more posts by famou$ Add famou$ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kathrine
Double Platinum

I recommend meditation as it has helped me alot with depression.
Visualizing yourself in light is a good idea. But there are many ways to do it.
I sometimes listen to a cd with dolphin sounds, just laying down or sitting in a comfy position, and focusing on the sounds. before that, I inhale three times through the nose while, exhaling through the mouth. I just lay there as long as I feel like it.
Or saying mantras like I AM THAT I AM, reciting names like Jesus Christ. I find that each time I do it I feel better and better.
Try not to think bad stuf about yourself, like your online name and avoid negative influences, surround yourself with positive things.
You will have to try it, before you can know for sure.

Old Post 05-23-2008 10:06 PM
Kathrine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kathrine Click here to Send Kathrine a Private Message Visit Kathrine's homepage! Find more posts by Kathrine Add Kathrine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote