Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Do you wear makeup?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kathy~trydis
Triple Platinum Record Level

Do you wear makeup?

For the ones here that wear makeup what brand do you prefer to wear?

I like Estee Lauder double wear maximum cover liquid foundation with Cover Girl powder. I don't wear lipstick much and i can't wear eye liner coz it always fades off after a short while. I think my eyes water more than most peoples. I don't use blush or concealer and I recently changed mascara to a waterproof Loreal one. I really like it but it's a biarch to take off at the end of the day coz it's waterproof.

Main reason I am making this thread is because I wear makeup everyday at work. I feel like makeup makes me look more presentable at work which is the main reason I wear it and i sometimes get acne so I like to cover that up haha plus I do love wearing makeup ALTHOUGH I want to start being makeup free for a few days a week maybe. I feel like I need to give my skin a breather every now and then. I tried this about a year ago at work and one of my colleagues said to me "What happened to your face" and someone else said I looked sick gahhh.

I have nothing wrong with my skin at all sure I have a few blemishes but I think most girls do. My problem is that my makeup makes my skin/face look PERFECT and I wear it everyday so people are used to my face looking nice. Also, the people I work with are SUPER honest.

If I go through with this whole makeup free thing how do I let their comments not bother me? and what should I say to them if they talk **** about my face?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2016 08:30 AM
kathy~trydis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kathy~trydis Click here to Send kathy~trydis a Private Message Find more posts by kathy~trydis Add kathy~trydis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

You could say before anyone has a chance to comment that youd rather not have comments on how you look. That it makes you feel either insecure or self conscious.

If you want to have an attitude (sometimes people deserve it..) you could just go with "yes thanks, this is actually my face".

I think its best not to make too many comments on peoples looks no matter if its positive, neutral or negative as it contributes to shallowness. It took me a while to realize that though.

Old Post 02-19-2016 02:13 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

I love to wair makeup, for me it's a creative outlet
In work, technically it's in my contract to wair makeup but I regularly don't, in the summer when it's warm I won't at all, I don't feel like I need to wair it and I feel no more confident with or without but if I'm going to a party or a special night out I really like to take time and put alot of effort into my makeup

I love all kinds of makeup cheap or expensive for me it's all about the job it dose and foundation is most important for me everything else can be compromised but the foundation has to be right.and that is because I'm very very white, and it's very difficult to get a true match meny brands don't cater to my skin, and it's horrendous because I'm irish, I live in ireland, most girls are my colure.... But there living a lie 3-4 shades darker mostly orange.. So there is no demand for pale foundation in ireland
I use mac foundation studio fix in the palest colure
With a translucent power on top and any kind of pink blush and any kind of mascara. That's my day to day look and a bold lip to brighten things up i love mac lipsticks candy yum yum is my go to colure it's the brightest pink and it just makes me happy

In terms of a night out I don't exactly wair extra makeup I just put alot of effort into eyeshadow I love smokey sparkle. And bright colours

I have alot of makeup, too much infact for a long time I brought more than I needed, these days I only really buy foundation I'm working my way threw what I have and rediscovering eyeshadows and doing new looks with them

I would love to be a makeup artist if i thought I was good enough

Old Post 02-19-2016 08:52 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

No I do not. I am a man. Men are manly and don't do that. Grrr ugh farts

Old Post 02-19-2016 11:00 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

I have mostly just Estee Lauder and Mac stuff, but I like Mac most cause it lasts super long. I also wear makeup every day but not that much in the weekends

Last edited by Dani on 02-20-2016 at 09:13 AM

Old Post 02-20-2016 09:11 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

I used to wear a lot more makeup. Nowadays on an average workday i just wear mascara cuz otherwise my eyelashes are too blond, i draw my eyebrows for the same reason and i'm good to go. Sometimes a bit of lipstick, sometimes a bit of eyeliner, whatever i feel like. On occasions, i do maybe a bit of eyeshade and foundation and blush or just do a cat eye with red lips. I stopped wearing foundation every day because i felt like it didnt let my skin breathe properly. So i definitely suggest you stop wearing it every day too. I have rosacea and occasional acne so i know how it feels when you feel like you wanna hide your face but trust me it doesn't help. I use powder that's antibacterial so that my face doesn't shine so much. But it's a horrible battle, i know. I am already fearing my wedding makeup because i am very hard to make up. I have very white skin with some problems, i have hooded eyes and an almost nonexistent pair of eyebrows. So you can imagine how hard it is.

What i suggest is that you stop giving a fck about what other people say or you think they think. Even if they comment first, they will get used to the changes. I was extremely self-conscious but my partner nowadays tells me i'm beautiful at the most unexpected moments when otherwise i would feel like i look crap and that has been a great help. Even if you are not surrounded by people like that you need to believe that you are beatiful and pretty and not do your makeup for other people but for your own pleasure. If you feel good in full makeup, do it every day - but don't do it just to please people around you. They care muuuuch less than you think anyway.

Old Post 02-20-2016 10:56 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by *CiaraDublin89*
the foundation has to be right.and that is because I'm very very white, and it's very difficult to get a true match meny brands don't cater to my skin, and it's horrendous because I'm irish, I live in ireland, most girls are my colure.... But there living a lie 3-4 shades darker mostly orange..
gosh it's so true. Orange face. So horrible.

Old Post 02-20-2016 11:05 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Agnes

I used to wear a lot of foundation cuz I had acne and I was very insecure about it. That was the main issue, so when it was done I felt fine. I would go outside with just my foundation and powder - no mascara, no blush, no eye shadow whatsoever. That looked pretty weird though. Oh and I used to wear black eye pencil cuz i was so rebel. (13-14 yo)

Old Post 02-22-2016 09:13 AM
Agnes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Agnes Click here to Send Agnes a Private Message Find more posts by Agnes Add Agnes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buffy

Hardly ever.

Old Post 02-25-2016 09:05 AM
Buffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buffy Click here to Send Buffy a Private Message Find more posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote