Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > long way 2 happy
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CrazySometh!ng
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
do you know what show it was?? or what channel it was on etc?

and 2bh. i think p!nk has been abused in a lot of ways. i mean, she did drugs too. and not to generalise, but i have friends who have done drugs etc. and they always want something more than just they're money in return if you get me and with all of them it's happened. and so 2bh theres a lot of **** that comes with drugs that her herself has probably seen a lot of too - and experienced. I just thinklistening to her stories, her childhood, her past, listening to what she says in interviews - the whole tough girl image. everything. listening to her music. you know that people have hurt her... x it's always the nicest of people. who dont deserve it... x

You are absolutely right! Yeah, Pink must have been hurt quite a bit in her past...judging by her songs anyway.
Abuse has a lot of different faces and sometimes people get abused without even taking notice of that.

Regardless wether LWTH is about rape/sexual or emotional abuse, regardless wether "it"(whatever that is) happened to Pink, it is a powerful and imortant song. The lyrics to it are brutal and subtle at the same time. That whole sexual abuse thing is still such a no-no in I guess most societies and I find it extremely courages that Pink has decided t put that song on her album. It must have been tough for her.

I have that interview where she talks about LWTH. But it's just a tiny little bit. I will get that to you, I promise. Just not today.lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-23-2007 08:28 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Originally posted by CrazySometh!ng
You are absolutely right! Yeah, Pink must have been hurt quite a bit in her past...judging by her songs anyway.
Abuse has a lot of different faces and sometimes people get abused without even taking notice of that.

Regardless wether LWTH is about rape/sexual or emotional abuse, regardless wether "it"(whatever that is) happened to Pink, it is a powerful and imortant song. The lyrics to it are brutal and subtle at the same time. That whole sexual abuse thing is still such a no-no in I guess most societies and I find it extremely courages that Pink has decided t put that song on her album. It must have been tough for her.

I have that interview where she talks about LWTH. But it's just a tiny little bit. I will get that to you, I promise. Just not today.lol

o ok lol.
thank you so much.]
youre so kind. x
and ye. also what hints me to that.
is surely if you've watched flashmob.
when she sings long way to happy...
its very powerful.
which is majority of the reason as to why she didnt sing it at every concert i think.
simply because it takes her so much to sing it.
vocal and emotional wise if you understand that.
but in the flashmob concert.
as she sings; 'trying to cover up the damage and pad out all the bruises...'
when she gets to; 'too young to know i had it, so it didnt hurt to lose it...'
she grabs the crotch of her dress.
and really looks emotional.
throughout the whole song really.
so - watch it if you havent.
you'll see what i mean when i say this.
did anyone else notice that?
'cos 2bf - i think that clip says it all.
and explains EXACTLY why she wrote the song.
cus to feel that - at 13. remember she originally wrote the poem when she was 13...
so you know - for a 13 year old to write something that powerful.
i feel she has to have felt something that powerful.
both herself. and through people close to her...
i dunno - thats my opinion - correct me if im wrong.
xxxxx

Old Post 12-23-2007 08:36 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
o ok lol.
thank you so much.]
youre so kind. x
and ye. also what hints me to that.
is surely if you've watched flashmob.
when she sings long way to happy...
its very powerful.
which is majority of the reason as to why she didnt sing it at every concert i think.
simply because it takes her so much to sing it.
vocal and emotional wise if you understand that.
but in the flashmob concert.
as she sings; 'trying to cover up the damage and pad out all the bruises...'
when she gets to; 'too young to know i had it, so it didnt hurt to lose it...'
she grabs the crotch of her dress.
and really looks emotional.
throughout the whole song really.
so - watch it if you havent.
you'll see what i mean when i say this.
did anyone else notice that?
'cos 2bf - i think that clip says it all.
and explains EXACTLY why she wrote the song.
cus to feel that - at 13. remember she originally wrote the poem when she was 13...
so you know - for a 13 year old to write something that powerful.
i feel she has to have felt something that powerful.
both herself. and through people close to her...
i dunno - thats my opinion - correct me if im wrong.
xxxxx

I know what you are talking about. This is the only time she has ever performed LWTH, if I'm not mistaken.
I wouldn't want to do that song every night in front of 15.000 people either.
Although Pink has been asked about LWTH, she hasn't explicitly talked about the meaning. She doesn't have to explain it in detail anyway. I'm just saying that this shows that something traumatizing must have happened to her.

Old Post 12-23-2007 08:49 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
I know what you are talking about. This is the only time she has ever performed LWTH, if I'm not mistaken.
I wouldn't want to do that song every night in front of 15.000 people either.
Although Pink has been asked about LWTH, she hasn't explicitly talked about the meaning. She doesn't have to explain it in detail anyway. I'm just saying that this shows that something traumatizing must have happened to her.

yep - exactly.
cus otherwise she'd chat about it like she does the rest.
she doesnt go into conversations with my 13 year old self too much either.
so you know.
she slyly avoids talking about certain songs.
and she has good reasons.
and plus - they dont need explaining
for they talk for themselves
and people that strongly relate to those songs - like me.
know what she's on about... x
and thats the people theyre meant for i think...x
please let me know when you have the video for me.
id be so grateful
as ive never seen her talk about it. x

Old Post 12-23-2007 08:52 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

Okay, I'll just upload it now. Where do you want me to upload it? Is rapidshare fine with you?

Old Post 12-23-2007 08:59 PM
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Okay, I'll just upload it now. Where do you want me to upload it? Is rapidshare fine with you?

omg. !
thank uuuuuuuu
but please. not rapidshare lol
megaupload
or sendspace or yousendit - they are perfect
bt rapidshare keeps tellin me ive had too much lol xxx
thanks!
and merry xmas hun x

Old Post 12-23-2007 09:35 PM
[FanNumberOne]

quote:
Well, if she puts a song like that out there, then we should be allowed to talk about it, shouldn't we?

There has been a lot of speculation going on about the meaning behind the lyrics...to me that song is def about rape/sexual abuse.

Yeah that's a very good point actually. I hadn't thought about that. I guess you're right.

''Try to cover up the damage and pat out all the bruises. Too young to know I had it so it didn't hurt to lose it"

...it must be about that I think

Old Post 12-24-2007 12:22 AM
[FanNumberOne] is offline Click Here to See the Profile for [FanNumberOne] Click here to Send [FanNumberOne] a Private Message Visit [FanNumberOne]'s homepage! Find more posts by [FanNumberOne] Add [FanNumberOne] to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkLizz
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
do you know what show it was?? or what channel it was on etc?

It wasn't tv show, more like a behind the scenes idea. So it could be before the NYC concert. I think it was. I would like to see it again too

Old Post 12-24-2007 09:21 AM
PinkLizz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkLizz Click here to Send PinkLizz a Private Message Visit PinkLizz's homepage! Find more posts by PinkLizz Add PinkLizz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
omg. !
thank uuuuuuuu
but please. not rapidshare lol
megaupload
or sendspace or yousendit - they are perfect
bt rapidshare keeps tellin me ive had too much lol xxx
thanks!
and merry xmas hun x

CrazySoemth!ng - do you have it yet? xxx

Old Post 12-24-2007 12:44 PM
f**ker
Major Label Level

quote:

can u give link to it? plz

Old Post 12-24-2007 12:52 PM
f**ker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for f**ker Click here to Send f**ker a Private Message Find more posts by f**ker Add f**ker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

hey guys i'm looking for that video interview too...VH1 site has deleted the whole show and interview and i can'tfind it anywhere could you upload it for me too?

Old Post 12-24-2007 12:59 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
hey guys i'm looking for that video interview too...VH1 site has deleted the whole show and interview and i can'tfind it anywhere could you upload it for me too?

jus waiting on it
lol x

Old Post 12-24-2007 01:06 PM
CrazySometh!ng

Hey. I'm sorry I couldn't manage to upload it yesterday...My com just didn't work anymore all of a sudden.
I'm uploading it on megaupload. But don't expect too much, since Pink is not explicitly talking about LWTH.

Old Post 12-24-2007 03:08 PM
PinkLizz
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Hey. I'm sorry I couldn't manage to upload it yesterday...My com just didn't work anymore all of a sudden.
I'm uploading it on megaupload. But don't expect too much, since Pink is not explicitly talking about LWTH.

is it not working again?

Old Post 12-24-2007 05:32 PM
PinkLizz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkLizz Click here to Send PinkLizz a Private Message Visit PinkLizz's homepage! Find more posts by PinkLizz Add PinkLizz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
Originally posted by PinkLizz
is it not working again?

I had to interrupt the uploading cause I was heading to the christmas service.
But I'm uploading it once again now. It will be done in about 2h.

Old Post 12-25-2007 04:04 PM