Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Q&A with Jim Moore - Session III
Pages (16): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
New_Pink_Fan_06
Triple Platinum Record Level

Hi Mr Moore!

i just want to say how amazing i thought you were at the NYC gig, 'i have seen the rain is an amazing song'

what i wanted to ask was, seeing your daughter being sooo amazing and successful, doesnt it make you want to go out there and try it aswell?

thanks

Jas

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-05-2007 08:55 PM
New_Pink_Fan_06 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for New_Pink_Fan_06 Click here to Send New_Pink_Fan_06 a Private Message Find more posts by New_Pink_Fan_06 Add New_Pink_Fan_06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freaklovesp!nk

we can still ask questions?

Well if we can (and sorry if it's been asked before), what do you think of the fans that say Pink saved my life..., and do you think fans can get too...obcessive?
Thanks Mr Moore, and hi

Old Post 02-05-2007 08:57 PM
freaklovesp!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freaklovesp!nk Click here to Send freaklovesp!nk a Private Message Find more posts by freaklovesp!nk Add freaklovesp!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THUD
MixTape Level

quote:
Originally posted by madnothing
allo...did you give either pink or carey any words of wisdom to them before they got married

I think I shared with them both how important it is to remain friends no matter what. To never say hurtful things to each other that can never be taken back. To make their home a place where they want to be and not get away from. To be kind and to think about what they are about to say to each other. I always told Alecia to make sure she runs what comes from her mind through her heart before it comes out of her mouth. To ask yourself if you would want you as a friend, a spouse? Try to look in the same direction together instead of looking at each other. Don't always try to see what you can get out of the relationship but rather what you can bring to it. Just be friends.

Old Post 02-05-2007 08:57 PM
THUD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for THUD Find more posts by THUD Add THUD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WolfishSmile
#1 Single Level

Hi Mr Moore [well this is surreal...]

I know this is probably quite a sensitive area at the moment, but we are all aware of the tragedy that occured a few weeks ago when Elvis passed away. There have been many threads dedicated to expressing our symphathies to Pink, and I know that she's is probably aware she's been in all our thoughts [more than usual], but we are wondering how she is coping right now. This must be an incredibly hard time.

Thanks alot for taking the time to answer all our questions!

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:01 PM
WolfishSmile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WolfishSmile Click here to Send WolfishSmile a Private Message Visit WolfishSmile's homepage! Find more posts by WolfishSmile Add WolfishSmile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexc_mz_raichee
#1 Single Level

Hi Mr Moore

While I'm here, just wanted to say you were great at the NYC gig!
My question iiss..
Is there anything you would change about Alecia's upbringing if you could go back and do it again?
Also, is there any advice you would give teenagers that are in the situations Alecia was in before she got the record deal?

Thank you Mr Moore! xx

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:01 PM
sexc_mz_raichee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexc_mz_raichee Click here to Send sexc_mz_raichee a Private Message Visit sexc_mz_raichee's homepage! Find more posts by sexc_mz_raichee Add sexc_mz_raichee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THUD
MixTape Level

quote:
Originally posted by New_Pink_Fan_06
Hi Mr Moore!

i just want to say how amazing i thought you were at the NYC gig, 'i have seen the rain is an amazing song'

what i wanted to ask was, seeing your daughter being sooo amazing and successful, doesnt it make you want to go out there and try it aswell?

thanks

Jas

Thank you about the song. It's based on my service in Vietnam in 1966 and 1967. I think it's one of the first songs we used to sing together when Alecia was real little. We used to try to harmonize to it and had a lot of fun with songs. At one time I think I knew just about every rock and roll song out there. Loved the Beatles, heck, I loved them all. I really wanted to do that but for me life got in the way. I have probably written a thousand songs and now Alecia is the one to take over. She is blessed with an amazing talent.

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:04 PM
THUD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for THUD Find more posts by THUD Add THUD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THUD
MixTape Level

quote:
Originally posted by freaklovesp!nk
we can still ask questions?

Well if we can (and sorry if it's been asked before), what do you think of the fans that say Pink saved my life..., and do you think fans can get too...obcessive?
Thanks Mr Moore, and hi

It's all relative I guess. We don't all have the same reactions to the same things. Just maybe someone who was at a crossroads in their life and going to take the wrong path may have heard Alecia singing one of her songs and it may have helped to change the direction they were headed and in so doing it may have made their life a little better. Nothing wrong with that at all. I think that is the miracle of music. It brings us together.

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:09 PM
hartlovesme

quote:
Originally posted by THUD
That's funny..........starting to happen to me all the time now. They call it senior moments when you get to be my age when you forget something. I think that is a nice way of saying that you are losing your memory. I'm sure you will think of something soon and when you do just ask and I will try to give you an honest answer.

ok so my question

what would u say to someone who has dedicated their life for the past 7 years to your daughter?
buying every album and single, going to 11 concerts and spending all there money on travel and any chance just to see her.
would you say thats too much?

i have to say your daughter, p!nk saved my life, i wouldn't be here now. i found the strenght and belife from her and her music, when i had nothing, thats why i've always called her my guardian angel
cuz i truly believe she is, not just to me but alot of ppl who need strenght.....

by the way next time you see Carey, try say Hi for me
from one of his biggest fans on here, don't worry if you forget though, i have a terrible memory haha

edit: one more thing, i have to say Thank You! you replying made me so happy! i'm still waiting for my moment to meet pink, already spent £3000 trying too, lol. so it means alot me

Last edited by hartlovesme on 02-05-2007 at 09:17 PM

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:14 PM
hartlovesme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hartlovesme Click here to Send hartlovesme a Private Message Find more posts by hartlovesme Add hartlovesme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hey Sir JIM!!!

Hope your alright! and P!NK of course!!!

Just wondered has Alecia tried to teach you the dork dance?? (leave me alone (im lonely) Dance)

and next time u see her tell her thanks for teaching me it...i taught my mum the dance and now we dance all the time to it..great bonding time with my lil mummy!!!
.....although neither of us are as good as your daughter!!

i guess everybody is askin serious questions....so i thought id ask you a fun one......and this is the only question i can think of!!

Oh and UK Pink fans are meeting 14th April, London, St Pancras Station..11am! on the off chance you or your daughter are in london your more than welcome! lol

Keep the Moore's Rocking Sir!!!

Last edited by on 02-05-2007 at 09:19 PM

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:15 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P!nk_fan!

quote:
Originally posted by New_Pink_Fan_06
Hi Mr Moore!

'i have seen the rain is an amazing song'

Jas

Hi Mr. Moore

I can just agree whit Jas... 'I have seen the rain is an amazing song'
How did you feel when you wrote it?

It's so nice of you taking time too answers some questions…
Thanks

Frederikke

Last edited by P!nk_fan! on 02-05-2007 at 09:21 PM

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:17 PM
P!nk_fan! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P!nk_fan! Click here to Send P!nk_fan! a Private Message Visit P!nk_fan!'s homepage! Find more posts by P!nk_fan! Add P!nk_fan! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

hi mr. moore. please reply to me. please. i love 'i have seen the rain' so much as that i showed my history teacher and we decided to play it in our history class when we were studying the vietnam war. my question is:

your daughter is an amazing woman, person. she is an inspiration to so many of us. and she has saved people's lives through her being her and through her music - how does that make you feel to know that someone thought twice about killing themselves because of your daughter's words and influence on our growing music generation today?? xxx

please reply

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:25 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy P!NK Fan

Hey Mr Moore, already asked you something on the 2nd page of this thread but now the only questions i have if you can give a huge hug to your daughter from me please

xxx Sophie

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:30 PM
Crazy P!NK Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy P!NK Fan Click here to Send Crazy P!NK Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Crazy P!NK Fan Add Crazy P!NK Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THUD
MixTape Level

quote:
Originally posted by WolfishSmile
Hi Mr Moore [well this is surreal...]

I know this is probably quite a sensitive area at the moment, but we are all aware of the tragedy that occured a few weeks ago when Elvis passed away. There have been many threads dedicated to expressing our symphathies to Pink, and I know that she's is probably aware she's been in all our thoughts [more than usual], but we are wondering how she is coping right now. This must be an incredibly hard time.

Thanks alot for taking the time to answer all our questions!

I guess you would have to have a pet, like a dog or a cat or a horse, like that to understand how much love they can give you no matter what. They are a friend, a pal, a healer and forever forgiving of you. They love you no matter what. They become like a child to you, your own. They depend on you and grieve when your gone. I know this to be true as I have a little Jack Russel Terrier who saved me from a rattlesnake bite our in Arizona. He jumped in front of the snake as it was striking me and took the bite for me. He almost died and it was touch and go for a day and night. He made it and I'm not ashamed to say I cried when I knew he was going to live. Alecia is deeply caring and loves animals. I used to take the kids camping in the deep woods and taught them about animals and surviving in the woods. She got her love of animals from those times and does a lot of good work on behalf of animals now in many charity's. Elvis was her baby and his loss was and always will be deeply felt and remembered. Thanks for caring enough to ask.

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:33 PM
THUD
MixTape Level

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy P!NK Fan
Hey Mr Moore, already asked you something on the 2nd page of this thread but now the only questions i have if you can give a huge hug to your daughter from me please

xxx Sophie

Sophie...............consider it done. I will make sure I tell her it's from you.

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:36 PM
Crazy P!NK Fan

quote:
Originally posted by THUD
Sophie...............consider it done. I will make sure I tell her it's from you.
thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu oh my.. you are the first one who can make me smile in the last 5 days!!
this means really much for me!!
oh and please mr Moore if you have a little bit time can you answer my questions on the 2nd page of this thread too?? thanks in advance

xxx

Old Post 02-05-2007 09:38 PM
Crazy P!NK Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy P!NK Fan Click here to Send Crazy P!NK Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Crazy P!NK Fan Add Crazy P!NK Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote