Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Fan club membership idea.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dani

Lightbulb Fan club membership idea.

So I'm drinking wine and stressing about these tickets that are never being sent to me for the secret show (cross fingers for me will ya? ♥ ), so I got this idea I dropped to a german fan and he hated it and didn't really understood the logic in it and said that I'm not thinking about the other "fans" and that it sucked. Maybe he is right? But... I'm not convinced and think I want to have your view on it.

Personally, I am not patient with ticket sales or competitions and I find it being very stressful at times. Specially when to book in french or finnish. Or compete for tickets that are in UK for UK residents only but still end up winning cause ops you won and you have no idea how but you didn't cheat and it worked somehow.

So my idea is maybe selfish, but would be like Spotify. You pay every month, lets say 20 euros (I don't know how much) and when she goes on tour you only need your ID to get it in. You don't need to buy tickets, and you can go to as many shows you want. In other countries, etc. It won't let you get in before everyone else, you'd have to queue just like always. So it's not really unfair. Once you're in the "club", you can get out, but you probably won't be able to get back in again cause the waiting list would be hella long. So meaning, there will be like a certain amount of memberships, not too many but many enough for the fans who travel to see her to stress less and be happy at secret shows etc, Maybe some years we would pay and get nothing for 5-6 years but that's the way it works. Maybe get the cd when released or so? I donno, just thoughts.

I mean personally I'd pay that every month just so that I wouldn't have to deal with tickets. Plus I'm a spontaneous person at times so would be awesome to just "go" and know that the ticket is the last problem.

How's that? Opinions? Questions? Bring it! Just don't be rude ♥

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-01-2017 09:45 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Ive see bands do fanclubs where members get first access to ticket sales.
My coworker does it for Pearl Jam and for Tom Petty.
He thinks its worth it.

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:00 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
p!nksson
#1 Video and Single Level

I would love to join! ❤️😍

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:02 PM
p!nksson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p!nksson Click here to Send p!nksson a Private Message Find more posts by p!nksson Add p!nksson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Also.
I was just talking to my friend Nicky.
He ended up getting a lifetime pass to see one of his favorite bands, whenever he wants.

P!nk is a lot bigger than this band, so I doubt it'd happen the same way.

He thinks the band was hurting hard for cash.
My friend paid $100, now whenever he wants, all he has to do is text the singer and he gets in +1

Come on P!nk....
Give is $100 lifetime passes

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:06 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
Ive see bands do fanclubs where members get first access to ticket sales.
My coworker does it for Pearl Jam and for Tom Petty.
He thinks its worth it.

That sounds good! And I think we've got pre-sale stuff here too? Just thought it'd be nice to actually not plan it all so far ahead (when tickets go on sale). Cause lets face it we plan 50% of the shows we do and end up doing 50% more than we thought, lol. And it always involved ticket stress. I think everyone on here for example knows what I'm talking about.

But do you have any opinions on what I wrote? I'm curious about what you think. You are smart and I love hearing your thoughts on stuff.

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:09 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by p!nksson
I would love to join! ❤️😍

Awesome!

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:12 PM
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
That sounds good! And I think we've got pre-sale stuff here too? Just thought it'd be nice to actually not plan it all so far ahead (when tickets go on sale). Cause lets face it we plan 50% of the shows we do and end up doing 50% more than we thought, lol. And it always involved ticket stress. I think everyone on here for example knows what I'm talking about.

But do you have any opinions on what I wrote? I'm curious about what you think. You are smart and I love hearing your thoughts on stuff.

I like the idea.
I'd pay it, no problem.
Stress is the worst.

I feel like it could be a problem with venues though just having to reserve an unspecified amout if tickets for people who might show up.
I dunno, since there are firecodes and venue capacitys and whatnot (or maybe thats more of a US thing)

Maybe they could do it, but say you have to confirm your ticket prior to X amount of days before the gig.

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:13 PM
Danni-D123
Top 100 Charts Level

I love Fan Clubs and have had great experiences with them in the past. I would join one for P!nk in a heartbeat. They aren't the done thing anymore as it takes too much effort apparently, but a more personalised fan orientated approach would be excellent and the benefits would mean a lot to its members I'm sure.

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:15 PM
Danni-D123 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Danni-D123 Click here to Send Danni-D123 a Private Message Find more posts by Danni-D123 Add Danni-D123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
I like the idea.
I'd pay it, no problem.
Stress is the worst.

I feel like it could be a problem with venues though just having to reserve an unspecified amout if tickets for people who might show up.
I dunno, since there are firecodes and venue capacitys and whatnot (or maybe thats more of a US thing)

Maybe they could do it, but say you have to confirm your ticket prior to X amount of days before the gig.

Yes. I know what you mean. I thought this too. But maybe if we don't arrive like three-four hours before (or confirm 24-36-etc? hours prior), they go on sale for face value (YAY one more way to beat ticket touts).

But, I'm sure these tickets would still kinda have been paid already by the fan club people every month bill. I donno?

But maybe, we don't need tickets. Just our ID's? Cause our "tickets" are paid by this membership?

Last edited by Dani on 09-01-2017 at 10:31 PM

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:22 PM
Danni-D123
Top 100 Charts Level

My previous experience was this:

100 a year and you get given exclusive access to a forum, exclusive t-shirt, album and chance to win M&G's, sound checks and presale before anyone else. Presale had the exact number of tickets as there were members, so no-one missed out. It worked out perfectly and was a lot less stressful. Anything along those lines would be ideal. Especially if tickets were discounted.

Last edited by Danni-D123 on 09-01-2017 at 10:26 PM

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:23 PM
Danni-D123 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Danni-D123 Click here to Send Danni-D123 a Private Message Find more posts by Danni-D123 Add Danni-D123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Danni-D123
I love Fan Clubs and have had great experiences with them in the past. I would join one for P!nk in a heartbeat. They aren't the done thing anymore as it takes too much effort apparently, but a more personalised fan orientated approach would be excellent and the benefits would mean a lot to its members I'm sure.

I have never experienced it before actually. Glad that you have. How was it?

If her people would need someone to run this idea or any other ideas I'm totally open for cooperation. It'd just be fun to do it and know that it is so appreciated.

Old Post 09-01-2017 10:28 PM
MrPauLL
Triple Platinum Record Level

I've said it before but I find it kind of frustrating at times when I see people buy multiple tickets not because they shouldn't be allowed but I feel like I am a poor student who can only afford one ticket to the closest show and if by some bad luck I don't get one I'll be super mad when I see someone on here flauting that they have 3 tickets and live 800 miles away.

I like the idea of the fan club but I'm sure Tay Tay had one where you join through the fan base ( it could be this forum for us) for free or one off price and we get first access to the tickets. Majority of Joe Public would be just waiting for the main sale and wouldn't bother venturing over to join the fan club.

Old Post 09-01-2017 11:48 PM
MrPauLL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrPauLL Click here to Send MrPauLL a Private Message Find more posts by MrPauLL Add MrPauLL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by MrPauLL
I've said it before but I find it kind of frustrating at times when I see people buy multiple tickets not because they shouldn't be allowed but I feel like I am a poor student who can only afford one ticket to the closest show and if by some bad luck I don't get one I'll be super mad when I see someone on here flauting that they have 3 tickets and live 800 miles away.

I like the idea of the fan club but I'm sure Tay Tay had one where you join through the fan base ( it could be this forum for us) for free or one off price and we get first access to the tickets. Majority of Joe Public would be just waiting for the main sale and wouldn't bother venturing over to join the fan club.

Do you mean you get mad when you see somebody get three tickets to different shows? Like three different cities?

Or do you mean, somebody getting three tickets to the same concert?

I'm not a fan of people getting extra tickets.
There have been a few times when I have ended up with an extra, but I always give them away for
free.
I have ended up with free tickets before too.
I think its the universes way of balancing itself.

Im usually happy for people though when they find a way to go to multiple gigs.
I mean, if thats what they choose to do with their time. I dunno.

Old Post 09-02-2017 12:19 AM
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

I agree that ticket stress is a huge issue, in general getting tickets for anything popular is a hassle and I miss out on alot but I never complain if it's not pink.

I would love some kind of fan aprisiation club, where I could out my name down in advance and say I 100% want to buy this ticket. And it's mine I shouldn't have to be up at crazy o clock on ticketmsster and it might crash or WiFi might breakdown. I dont need that bs

I think us longterm fans deserve it....

And I really think I deserved to go to iTunes London but whatever. I'll get over it(I will never really get over it)

Old Post 09-02-2017 01:39 AM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by MrPauLL

I kinda agree with you in that if the gig is on your doorstep you deserve to be there but if your a huge fan... In the imaginary club..

Adele played Dublin, I really wanted to go I was a fan before she was huge. I had my mam, bf and myself try to get tickets. No hope. I live 15 muinits from the venue, but it wasent pink it wasent the end of the world

On the other hand one year I struggled to get a tick for pink in Ireland. Belfast more specifically. I was on here begging like please anybody selling a ticket I'm Irish I can't miss a show in Ireland.... And some Italian comes on here going on about Belfast Isent in Ireland and they deserve to be there more than me please I didn't come here for a history lesson I live on an island. And pink is playing a concert on said island.... I will be there

Old Post 09-02-2017 01:47 AM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote