Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > Celeb Deaths
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hyperpunkrocker
World Tour Level

Celeb Deaths

why is it when certian celebs die such as Heath Ledger they get a ton of media coverage of thier deaths but when other celebs such as Casey Calvert of Hawthorne Heights dies nobody in the media gives a crap about their death...or even when the parent or family member of a celeb dies such as Kanye West's mother dieing get more media coverage then an actual celebs dies...how does the media decide that one persons passing is more important then another persons passing?...i guss if you were(will always be)a member of a punk/emo band from Dayton Ohio your death doesnt really matter as such as a movie stars death or the death of a hip hop artists mothers passing...this really bothers me because no one person is better or important then anyone else we are all just human beings...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2008 05:24 AM
hyperpunkrocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hyperpunkrocker Click here to Send hyperpunkrocker a Private Message Visit hyperpunkrocker's homepage! Find more posts by hyperpunkrocker Add hyperpunkrocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

i was thinking the same thing!!!
i think one coz of their achievments
and 2 just coz their death could have some gossip with it
like heath could have done drugs and thats why he died as it turned out he didnt. and things have kinda calmed down a bit more...if any of that made sense?

Old Post 01-26-2008 05:43 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hyperpunkrocker
World Tour Level

what you said makes sense...
i just dont see why the media didnt do anything about Casey Calvert's death seeing how he was found dead in his bunk on the Hawthorne Heights tour bus...it took three weeks for Casey to get an autopsy after he died back in November...Casey died of an acciental drug overdose which was caused by painkillers (that his dentist gave him for a root cannal that Casey had had done before going on tour )and his anti-depressents and his anti-angsity medication...but i never heard Casey's death mentioned once on like Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra or any of the entertainment shows like that....it really bothers me because Casey was just as talented at playing guitar and background vocals and background screaming as Heath Ledger was at acting....

Old Post 01-26-2008 05:54 AM
hyperpunkrocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hyperpunkrocker Click here to Send hyperpunkrocker a Private Message Visit hyperpunkrocker's homepage! Find more posts by hyperpunkrocker Add hyperpunkrocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ye i know wot yu mean
and then still 10 years down the tracki ppl r still mourning and doing farewell shows for princess diane - sorri if this offencds anyone - especially when like you said theres plenty of amazingly talented ppl who dnt even get recognised

Old Post 01-26-2008 05:57 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hyperpunkrocker
World Tour Level

and like kanye West's mother's passing got more media recognision then actual celebs that pass away...dont get me wrong it is really sad that Kanye West's mother died its just that the media seems to only care about people who have ither oscar nomiations/oscar or grammy nomiations/grammys that die and not the people that do you tryed to my the world a better place by using is influnce as a famous guitarist for a famous band to help spread the message that animal curlity is wrong..thats what Casey did with the help of Peta 2...Casey wanted to make the world a better place for animals and people alike...

sorry if it sounds like im bitter its just that im a huge fan of Hawthorne Heights and of Casey Calvert and it was the two month anniversery of Casey's death on thursday...Casey died on November 23 in his sleep...

Old Post 01-26-2008 06:08 AM
lick-pinks-lips
#1 Video and Single Level

dont know who Casey Calvert's is but when people are more famous they get more things about them n Kanye West's mother prob more famous than him coz i hate kanye west n i stiull knew who is mam was i just didnt know who Casey Calvert's was like heard the band n i didnt like them so didnt know like

Old Post 01-26-2008 11:32 AM
lick-pinks-lips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lick-pinks-lips Click here to Send lick-pinks-lips a Private Message Find more posts by lick-pinks-lips Add lick-pinks-lips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sunchild
Banned

Who the hell is Casey Calvert? Me and many many other people won't know who he is/was, but everyone knew who Heath Ledger was. Simple difference. Plus Heath was a very promising actor. And oh so pretty.

Old Post 01-26-2008 01:13 PM
sunchild is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sunchild Click here to Send sunchild a Private Message Find more posts by sunchild Add sunchild to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freshh.
Needs Rehab Level

I just think the media focuses on the more "famous" deaths. If you have higher celeb status, then you have more media coverage.

Not that im saying that Hawthorne Heights isnt famous, but the band members are only well known to a specific kind of people, ie: teenagers, emo/punk rock fans.

I know i shouldnt generalise but society does, and thats the best way to explain it.

Many people knew Heath Ledger because he was very famous and starred in a variety of roles, known to young and old.

Sorry about Casey, but society doesnt care about fair, its just about selling papers

Old Post 01-26-2008 01:25 PM
Freshh. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freshh. Click here to Send Freshh. a Private Message Find more posts by Freshh. Add Freshh. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sundaymorning
World Tour Level

heath ledger was an oscar nominated actor everyone and their mother knew, so of course he gets more press coverage than.. casey calvert.

personally, i always thought of him as a genuine and talented person and the fact that his death came so out of the blue kinda makes me think about my own life, because you realize that tomorrow is promised to no one.

Old Post 01-26-2008 03:10 PM
sundaymorning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sundaymorning Click here to Send sundaymorning a Private Message Find more posts by sundaymorning Add sundaymorning to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tdkeirns
Platinum Level

It's similar to all the other types of gossip about celebrities.

P!nk shows up on the gossip sites occasionally, but in general she tries to keep her life private. Even with her horse ban campaign she isn't all over the news.

But if Britney Spears or Amy Winehouse go out anywhere there are photographers there to tell us that they were out at a gas station or something ridiculous like that.

The headline makers are the ones that are very well known, and the ones that are out there doing things that attract attention (whether it is good or bad).

Unfortunately, our society is more concerned about the negative gossip.

Old Post 01-26-2008 04:39 PM
tdkeirns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdkeirns Click here to Send tdkeirns a Private Message Find more posts by tdkeirns Add tdkeirns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P!nk_is_the_one
#1 Single Level

Re: Celeb Deaths

If we would die, nobody care too.
Just persons that were on tv and are famous, the rest is not important for them because if they would make everybody that is dead on tv, and there are just a few persons that know them, nobody would watch tv anymore

Old Post 01-27-2008 03:09 PM
P!nk_is_the_one is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P!nk_is_the_one Click here to Send P!nk_is_the_one a Private Message Visit P!nk_is_the_one's homepage! Find more posts by P!nk_is_the_one Add P!nk_is_the_one to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sundaymorning
World Tour Level

Re: Re: Celeb Deaths

quote:
Originally posted by P!nk_is_the_one
If we would die, nobody care too.
Just persons that were on tv and are famous, the rest is not important for them because if they would make everybody that is dead on tv, and there are just a few persons that know them, nobody would watch tv anymore

i'm sure your friends and family would care

Old Post 01-27-2008 03:15 PM
sundaymorning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sundaymorning Click here to Send sundaymorning a Private Message Find more posts by sundaymorning Add sundaymorning to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unique_jana2
Banned for cussing

maybe because most poeple don't know that Casey guy
Heath was far more famous than he, whoever he was, so the more attention

Old Post 01-27-2008 03:20 PM
unique_jana2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for unique_jana2 Click here to Send unique_jana2 a Private Message Find more posts by unique_jana2 Add unique_jana2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P!nk_is_the_one
#1 Single Level

Re: Re: Re: Celeb Deaths

quote:
Originally posted by sundaymorning
i'm sure your friends and family would care

I MEANT:: The people from tv would not care

Old Post 01-27-2008 04:41 PM
P!nk_is_the_one is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P!nk_is_the_one Click here to Send P!nk_is_the_one a Private Message Visit P!nk_is_the_one's homepage! Find more posts by P!nk_is_the_one Add P!nk_is_the_one to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coccolino
Banned

see in SplashNews

????? Monro dies

Old Post 01-27-2008 04:58 PM
Coccolino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coccolino Click here to Send Coccolino a Private Message Visit Coccolino's homepage! Find more posts by Coccolino Add Coccolino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote