Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > divorce
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
eminem_foreva
Top 100 Charts Level

divorce

what happens when your mum and dad get divorced ? do you have to go to court ?

do you have to give a statement to the lawyers ?

i just don't know what to expect

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2008 07:10 PM
eminem_foreva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eminem_foreva Click here to Send eminem_foreva a Private Message Find more posts by eminem_foreva Add eminem_foreva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Questions!
World Tour Level

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. But remember that divorce is more common than not.
When my parents split my brother who was the oldest had to go and see the solicitor and he was asked to find out from me and my sister which parent we would like to stay with. It was just a chat he had with the solicitor he has always said it was very informal just him and the solicitor. He didn't go to court and neither did my sister and I.
But it all depends on the circumstances.

Old Post 01-24-2008 07:24 PM
Questions! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Questions! Click here to Send Questions! a Private Message Find more posts by Questions! Add Questions! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eminem_foreva
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
Originally posted by Questions!
Sorry to hear that you are going through this. But remember that divorce is more common than not.
When my parents split my brother who was the oldest had to go and see the solicitor and he was asked to find out from me and my sister which parent we would like to stay with. It was just a chat he had with the solicitor he has always said it was very informal just him and the solicitor. He didn't go to court and neither did my sister and I.
But it all depends on the circumstances.

ive been expecting it for past 4 years anyways im just angry it has taken so long for my mum to go through wit it , as im 21 i dunt think they'd hafta ask me which parent im stayin wit , will they ?

Old Post 01-24-2008 07:41 PM
eminem_foreva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eminem_foreva Click here to Send eminem_foreva a Private Message Find more posts by eminem_foreva Add eminem_foreva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Culebra
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by eminem_foreva
ive been expecting it for past 4 years anyways im just angry it has taken so long for my mum to go through wit it , as im 21 i dunt think they'd hafta ask me which parent im stayin wit , will they ?

You're legally an adult so they are no longer responsible for you. It's about custody- who will be in charge of you mostly. As an adult, you are responsible for yourself. If you live with either parent still, it's between you and your parent.

Old Post 01-24-2008 08:54 PM
Culebra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Culebra Click here to Send Culebra a Private Message Visit Culebra's homepage! Find more posts by Culebra Add Culebra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Julia_08

i dunno :S

Old Post 01-24-2008 08:57 PM
Julia_08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Julia_08 Click here to Send Julia_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Julia_08 Add Julia_08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Questions!
World Tour Level

No you'll not have to go to court. I was only 7 my sister 9 and my brother was 13 so we had to choose. It was awful!!
Still it is upsetting at any age to see the break up of a relationship but your parents have to do what is best for them. Hopefully they will both be happier afterwards. You'll just need to be supportive its gonna be a tough time.
Keep smiling thats what your parents will want. They won't want to think their problems are dragging you down. To see you happy will be something that will help them both to get through it

Old Post 01-24-2008 08:58 PM
Questions! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Questions! Click here to Send Questions! a Private Message Find more posts by Questions! Add Questions! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nailuvsp!nk
#1 Video and Single Level

quote:

you are an adult... that stuff will not happen... if you where still a child they would be fighting for custody but you are all grown up so that wont happen. sorry to hear about your story and stay strong... things will be ok!!!! i have lived in a divorced family from the age of 5..... you will be ok!!!!!

Old Post 01-25-2008 12:17 AM
nailuvsp!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nailuvsp!nk Click here to Send nailuvsp!nk a Private Message Find more posts by nailuvsp!nk Add nailuvsp!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by nailuvsp!nk
you are an adult... that stuff will not happen... if you where still a child they would be fighting for custody but you are all grown up so that wont happen. sorry to hear about your story and stay strong... things will be ok!!!! i have lived in a divorced family from the age of 5..... you will be ok!!!!!

Doooh.

Divorcing parents are the most CHILDISH people on earth!!!!

Old Post 01-25-2008 12:20 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

Re: divorce

quote:
what happens when your mum and dad get divorced ? do you have to go to court ?

do you have to give a statement to the lawyers ?

i just don't know what to expect

Hi sorry to hear that.

You know the answer yourself who you want to live with, probably. As it came to me, I didn't choose. My mom was left in the apartment and I automatically too. My dad found a flat for himself. They lived like really near, across the street. So I was at my dads place as much as I was at home. Nothing "booked" I just went there when I wanted and so.

I know how hard it can be even tho you're mature and know how things should be and should not be. And compared to your parents you'll feel like a genius. But I guess it takes time ... my parents, didn't live together for what is it?! like 2 years now? They are still like 2, 5 year old, bro and sis fighting over a barbie and ken doll.

Old Post 01-25-2008 12:25 AM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disslang

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Doooh.

A few years ago I actually wished that my parents get a divorce...

Old Post 01-25-2008 12:26 AM
Disslang is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disslang Click here to Send Disslang a Private Message Find more posts by Disslang Add Disslang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InUtero
#1 Video and Single Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Doooh.

what?

Old Post 01-25-2008 01:30 AM
InUtero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InUtero Click here to Send InUtero a Private Message Find more posts by InUtero Add InUtero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by InUtero
what?

Well, of course..if you're lucky they aren't..

Old Post 01-25-2008 01:35 AM
GottaBeAllFancy
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:
Originally posted by Disslang
ditto
at the time when mine got divorced i was obviously pissed off and cried my stomach out but now i see it was better..
they were always fighting and stuff..

but anyway answering the question it depends if ur folks get to an agreement. in my case they didnt have to go to court. dad cheated so he left the house and they they asked us who we'd like to stay with. we chose mum.
simple as.

and danis comment is like totally..
i dunno, im speechless.

Old Post 01-25-2008 01:37 AM
GottaBeAllFancy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GottaBeAllFancy Click here to Send GottaBeAllFancy a Private Message Find more posts by GottaBeAllFancy Add GottaBeAllFancy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by GottaBeAllFancy
ditto
at the time when mine got divorced i was obviously pissed off and cried my stomach out but now i see it was better..
they were always fighting and stuff..

but anyway answering the question it depends if ur folks get to an agreement. in my case they didnt have to go to court. dad cheated so he left the house and they they asked us who we'd like to stay with. we chose mum.
simple as.

and danis comment is like totally..
i dunno, im speechless.

What makes you that speechless?
I have loads of friends and net friends who feel that they are the parent in the family and not the child, just simply cause their parents are childish, acting like 5 years old retards.

Old Post 01-25-2008 10:28 AM
Coccolino
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Disslang

+1

Old Post 01-25-2008 12:05 PM
Coccolino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coccolino Click here to Send Coccolino a Private Message Visit Coccolino's homepage! Find more posts by Coccolino Add Coccolino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote