Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > The writing of sober
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

The writing of sober

Came across this video I don't think I've seen before
I'm not a howerd stern fan at all but it's his show, with this girl kara who wrote or Co wrote sober...

She keeps trying to take ownership of it like she wrote the whole song.. Make of it what you will I found it interesting anyway, and trust me I've no doubt of pinks song writing capabilities

https://youtu.be/btdpsxUcZQw

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2017 10:09 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno
Triple Platinum Record Level

I saw this a while ago, but I never got the impression that Kara tried to take ownership of the song at all. On the contrary, she just explained how it came to be. And IIRC there's a P!nk interview somewhere where P!nk says pretty much the same: that Kara came up with the "ooooh the night is calling" pre-chorus parts and that she had the "how do I feel this good sober" title and wanted to write around that with Kara.

I like how "blessed" she felt to be working with P!nk and that it was the best writing experience she had.

Last edited by grenno on 12-02-2017 at 10:38 PM

Old Post 12-02-2017 10:35 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Writing a song together is not about who did what or who came up with most lines it’s about the whole thing together, chemistry and all emotions that are behind every word. I haven’t watched the video you shared yet and I don’t know what it said but I doubt Pink would work with someone who’d have that attitude.

Old Post 12-02-2017 11:50 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

It's not important who wrote what, I don't think it is.
It's just my opinion that at the start of interview she's talking I like I wore I wrote and Howard corrects her twice saying what do you mean by you wrote what happened, like he's looking for some gossip that pink just Sat back and took credit when someone else did all the writing when it's odvously not the case so I feel like near the end the back tracks and is like oh pinks amazing she did this and that. I feel like if she could get away with saying I wrote sober, and moved onto the next question she would have left it at that not said Co wrote. It's my opinion I feel like she's abit shady how she's wording it

Old Post 12-03-2017 12:15 AM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dfantasy
World Tour Level

She's singing praise for P!nk? She didn't make it sound like she wrote it

Old Post 12-03-2017 03:13 AM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote