2nd Grammy Level
Registered: Dec 2008
Random thoughts, stories, memories from childhood. Fun facts. Share em.
No need for full paragraphs here.
Just post random thoughts from long ago.
It'l be fun to learn things about everybody
- My favorite color was blue. Also my favorite Ninja Turtle was Leonardo, who wore blue. I still do not know what came first: Was my favorite color blue, and thats why I picked Leonardo? Or was Leonardo my favorite Turtle, and thats why my favorote color was blue? I'll never know #ChickenVsEgg
- When I was real little, I always said I wanted to be a doctor.... I got a toy doctors kit when I was three years old or so. It was one of my favorite things. Its one of the few toys that my mom saved from me being a kid. She has if at her place and my nephews have all played with it at loved it as well.
- One of my earliest memories that I have was my grandma dying. I wasnt quite 4 yet..... I just remember being at my other grandmas house and it being late and my parents coming to get us and it being real late, dark and quiet. I remember when they got to my grandmas to pick us up, us three kids just kinda hiding in the other room and knowing something was wrong while they all talked in the kitchen.
I still dont remember them actually telling us she died but just having that weird feeling in my body.
- I have a scar on my forhead from when I was four. I was jumping on the couch and somehow flew off into the tv and had to get stitches. It was my dads birthday and the final day of the World Series baseball. My dad had to quit watching the game and drive me to fhe hospital and get stitches.
The scare isnt super visible but if i raise my eyebrows the right way I can see it
- I like sleeping on the floor. I have always enjoyed it. I think that goes back to being a kid when my parents were divorced. When we stayed at my dads we slept on the floor because we didnt have a room there. I always thought it was cool like camping.
- I'm a twin. Have a twin brother named Matt. We dont look like. Up until 2nd grade or so we were like always best friends. I think being a twin contributed to me being a little more shy in life. I mean, I try to keep that a little hidden and be outgoing and talkative but I've heard that this is a common trait with twins. When we first started school we already had a friend there, we had eachother so we didnt need to make new friends. Haha. Whatever, that quickly passed. But i wonder how much that influenced my personality as an adult. Some of the most outgoing people I know, some of the most creative are only childs. I think they are forced to be outgoing. I think being a twin is complete opposite end of the spectrum.
- i love animals. We always had pets as kids. I love my mom for this. If I ever have kids they are going have lots of little furry friends to play with
- i loved school up until 5th grade.... my teacher then was a complete jerk..... a few years ago there was an article in the paper about her like going crazy and locking the kids in the class room.... she was old and forced to retire after that. I laughed so hard when I heard that story. It made me realize like "****. I was right, she really was crazy"
She never locked us in the class, but she was meaaaaaan. Ms Musslewhite was her name.
- I played trumpet for 3 months in 4th grade. I quit because we had to miss recess to practice. I wanted to be outside running around. So I said screw this.
I lied to my mom and said the music teacher was mean and yelled at us all the time. She wasnt mean. But my mom let me quit because of it.
- i took karate lessons for like 3 weeks i second grade. I quit when I found out the teacher wouldnt teach is to karate chop wood in half with our bare hand or break bricks with our head.
- one time I found $5 on the ground at the video store. My older sister was jealous and made me turn it in.
I dont know for sure but im pretty sure she went up to the counter after that and said she lost $5 and got it back for herself.
I should ask her now that its so much later if thats what actually happened.
Ill share more as they come.
Last edited by Doogie HAWES'er on 09-12-2017 at 09:34 AM
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged