Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Pink to work with Axl Rose.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pink to work with Axl Rose??

Bad girl pop star Pink has shocked the rock world on several occassions during her brief music career. Making out with Tommy Lee and Kristanna Loken, writing songs about her abusive family life, but the girl with the ever changing hair color has apparently topped her pop rivals with her latest move - convincing the controversial Axl Rose to sing on her upcoming remake of the Bonnie Tyler classic Total Eclipse of the Heart, for the Wes Craven movie Cursed, starring Christina Ricci. The two projects share a similar history. Rose has been promising the release of his next CD, Chinese Democracy, for several years now while Craven's Cursed was originally scheduled to come out last summer but was pulled, shelved, then reworked to change the structure of the film and is now supposed to come out this summer.
"I'm lucky he didn't arrest me and he probably only agreed to do it to get rid of me!," Pink said of her recent time spend with Rose. It was the typical hollywood story. A friend of a friend of a member of Pink's management staff happened to run into Axl at a grocery store of all places, and when the red-haired elusive rocker mentioned that he enjoyed Pink's music the wheels started rolling. Once the message was passed on to Pink, who fits more into the Aerosmith and Kid Rock area than with pop princesses Britney and Christina, she became obsessed with contacting him.
After finding out where Rose and his new version of Guns N Roses were recording, Pink showed up unnounced at the studio.
"I practically had to bribe the security guard to let me in," the outspoken Pink laughed. "And then I practically had to blow Axl to get him to sing for me! But it's Axl ***king Rose."
While not really a duet, Rose just sings backing vocals on the song, Pink was clearly stoked to have Rose performing on her album.
"He's just singing the part at the beginning . . . a couple 'turn arounds' and 'turn around bright eyes' and then he goes off a bit later in the song, but we're not sure how it's all going to fit together yet. I can assure you though, it'll be ***king amazing. It's such a beautiful, touching song. Then you throw in Axl's growl and it's going to blow you away." Pink said she showed up and begged Rose to sing on one of her two songs for the movie. "I thought for sure he'd do D'yer, but he said that'd be too expected, so he added his vocals to Eclipse. I'm still in shock he decided to do it." Pink said Axl only agreed to do the song on one condition . . . that she not talk about what she heard him doing in the studio.
"I swore on my life I wouldn't talk about what I heard, but I have to tell you guys it kicked ***. I only heard parts of two songs and they both gave me the same goosebumps I had the first time I heard Welcome. ***king guy was hitting notes that I can't even reach."
When asked why she decided to cover the Tyler classic, Pink lit up a cigarette, chuckled and responded. "Dude, have you heard Jessica Simpson's version of You Take My Breath Away," she responded shaking her head. No other words needed to be said.
Pink is also covering Led Zepplin's D'Yer Maker for the movie.

Last edited by on 06-01-2004 at 06:59 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2004 06:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinkandcarey
Triple Platinum Record Level

i love total eclipse of the heart...where did u get this info from?

Old Post 06-01-2004 07:13 AM
pinkandcarey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinkandcarey Click here to Send pinkandcarey a Private Message Find more posts by pinkandcarey Add pinkandcarey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*¤!M*TrOUBLE¤*

kool !!!...by the way welcome!!

Old Post 06-01-2004 07:24 AM
*¤!M*TrOUBLE¤* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *¤!M*TrOUBLE¤* Click here to Send *¤!M*TrOUBLE¤* a Private Message Find more posts by *¤!M*TrOUBLE¤* Add *¤!M*TrOUBLE¤* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shinning Star
Top 100 Charts Level

thats freakin COOL! If this info is reliable

More music from P!nk

Old Post 06-01-2004 07:30 AM
Shinning Star is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shinning Star Click here to Send Shinning Star a Private Message Find more posts by Shinning Star Add Shinning Star to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AngelBJ
2nd Grammy Level

omgomgomg... let this be true please!!!

please tell us, where you got that info from? any source??

Old Post 06-01-2004 07:37 AM
AngelBJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AngelBJ Click here to Send AngelBJ a Private Message Find more posts by AngelBJ Add AngelBJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whisky voiced
In Detox Level

that's so cool!! I love that song!

Old Post 06-01-2004 09:07 AM
whisky voiced is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whisky voiced Click here to Send whisky voiced a Private Message Visit whisky voiced's homepage! Find more posts by whisky voiced Add whisky voiced to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~Just someone~

Cool, thanks for posting, btw, welcome and have fun.

Old Post 06-01-2004 09:45 AM
~Just someone~ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ~Just someone~ Click here to Send ~Just someone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Just someone~ Add ~Just someone~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkisItalian

Thanks for posting and welcome

Old Post 06-01-2004 10:59 AM
PinkisItalian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkisItalian Click here to Send PinkisItalian a Private Message Find more posts by PinkisItalian Add PinkisItalian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SleepieChild
Banned

WOOOO! Thanks

Old Post 06-01-2004 11:28 AM
SleepieChild is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SleepieChild Click here to Send SleepieChild a Private Message Find more posts by SleepieChild Add SleepieChild to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moisarina
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by SleepieChild
WOOOO! Thanks

COOL
thanx 4 postin
and have fun around here

Old Post 06-01-2004 11:34 AM
moisarina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moisarina Click here to Send moisarina a Private Message Visit moisarina's homepage! Find more posts by moisarina Add moisarina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
self_hazard
Double Platinum

Where did you get this info from, dude?

Thanks for posting

Old Post 06-01-2004 11:50 AM
self_hazard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for self_hazard Click here to Send self_hazard a Private Message Visit self_hazard's homepage! Find more posts by self_hazard Add self_hazard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paranoid_soul
In Detox Level

awesome
i neva saw this coming and i luv the song too

Old Post 06-01-2004 11:55 AM
Paranoid_soul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paranoid_soul Click here to Send Paranoid_soul a Private Message Find more posts by Paranoid_soul Add Paranoid_soul to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

OMG thanks for posting!! im sooooo freakin excited! Its sounds totally real. All the stuff she said sounded like it came straight from her mounth so it must be true!

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!

Old Post 06-01-2004 12:28 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L!nn

Cool! Can't wait to hear it!

Old Post 06-01-2004 02:14 PM
L!nn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L!nn Click here to Send L!nn a Private Message Find more posts by L!nn Add L!nn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ilovepink4eva

gd gd gd
fanks 4 posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv ya
meg
x-x-x

Old Post 06-01-2004 02:21 PM
ilovepink4eva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ilovepink4eva Click here to Send ilovepink4eva a Private Message Visit ilovepink4eva's homepage! Find more posts by ilovepink4eva Add ilovepink4eva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote