Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > Music and Lyrics forum > Full P!nk Songlist Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.
Pages (29): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
self_hazard
Double Platinum

Isn't it a Rah Digga song, though? Not a P!nk one? Hence it not sounding IND-ish.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-2007 09:43 PM
self_hazard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for self_hazard Click here to Send self_hazard a Private Message Visit self_hazard's homepage! Find more posts by self_hazard Add self_hazard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajjustfloating
World Tour Level

quote:
Originally posted by Bluejeans
Summertime from Janis Joplin she sings on every concert on her Try This Tour or not!? In Hamburg she sang it I think,if I remember right

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, P!NK can sing any Janis Joplin song she wants. I have always hated the other artists' versions of Janis' songs but P!NK really nails it.

I am possibly the biggest Janis Joplin fan in the world, so take it from me, P!NK is awesome at singing the Janis stuff. And that is not an easy task. Janis and P!NK are very closely related musicly. P!NK is the only current artist I listen to and watch.

The Janis stuff makes me love P!NK even more (if that is possible)!! P!NK and I share the appreciation for the soulful music of Janis. Yay, we have something in common !!!!

Did I mention I sing lead in a Janis Tribute Band? Hehe

Old Post 06-05-2007 05:18 AM
ajjustfloating is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ajjustfloating Click here to Send ajjustfloating a Private Message Find more posts by ajjustfloating Add ajjustfloating to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~*CRAZY*~
Banned for cussing

quote:
Originally posted by self_hazard
Isn't it a Rah Digga song, though? Not a P!nk one? Hence it not sounding IND-ish.

Im going by the sound og p!nk's voice Her voice doesnt sound very INDish

But it could be!

Old Post 06-05-2007 09:45 AM
~*CRAZY*~ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ~*CRAZY*~ Click here to Send ~*CRAZY*~ a Private Message Visit ~*CRAZY*~'s homepage! Find more posts by ~*CRAZY*~ Add ~*CRAZY*~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
self_hazard
Double Platinum

New live track:
18 to Life (with Metal Skool) [Live @ Metal Skool Gig in Key Club, 2007)

Old Post 06-13-2007 12:07 AM
self_hazard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for self_hazard Click here to Send self_hazard a Private Message Visit self_hazard's homepage! Find more posts by self_hazard Add self_hazard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amoorerocks
#1 Video and Single Level

Is any of the stuff she did with Chioce or Basic Intstinct ( I think that's what they were called) available to download. i'd love to hear it.

Old Post 06-13-2007 03:39 AM
amoorerocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amoorerocks Click here to Send amoorerocks a Private Message Find more posts by amoorerocks Add amoorerocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajjustfloating
World Tour Level

quote:

OMG ... There are people who do not know who sang Summertime??
Ok. Well, I will let you in on a secret. JANIS JOPLIN sang several amazing versions of "Summertime". My personal favorite is the Live at Woodstock version. If you do not know who Janis is.. you're in for a treat because she is amazing. I have not heard a "Rah Digga" version of "Summertime".

I can really tell Janis was one of P!NK's influences too. Not just because she said that on her "Live in Europe" DVD, but their actual voices are alot alike. In my opinion, the key ingredient to music is soul, and Janis and P!NK have that wonderful, soulful sound that just takes you away.

Anyway, the song "Summertime" was originally a slave hymn. Janis took the song and made it a trippy rock tune.. soo cool!!

Old Post 06-13-2007 06:35 AM
ajjustfloating is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ajjustfloating Click here to Send ajjustfloating a Private Message Find more posts by ajjustfloating Add ajjustfloating to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajjustfloating
World Tour Level

"Summertime" does not sound INDish, but I believe it is P!NK's tribute to one of her main influences. I have no problem with that !! She does a terrific job !!

Old Post 06-13-2007 06:38 AM
self_hazard
Double Platinum

Umm I'm fully aware of that, thank you. I actually compiled the list. I was talking about "Tell Me Why" by Rah Digga featuring P!nk NOT the cover of "Summertime".

Old Post 06-13-2007 10:09 AM
ajjustfloating
World Tour Level

I must've misunderstood. But I don't see what compiling the list has to do with the topic at hand.

Old Post 06-14-2007 12:12 AM
self_hazard
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by ajjustfloating
I must've misunderstood. But I don't see what compiling the list has to do with the topic at hand.

Maybe the fact that I already know the origin of the songs you were trying to describe to me. You thought that I didn't know Janis originally sung "Summertime"...

Old Post 06-14-2007 11:43 PM
ajjustfloating
World Tour Level

quote:
Maybe the fact that I already know the origin of the songs you were trying to describe to me. You thought that I didn't know Janis originally sung "Summertime"...

Get over it. I said I misunderstood you. I thought I was introducing a new artist to someone, goodness! Testy,testy

Old Post 06-15-2007 12:16 AM
~*CRAZY*~
Banned for cussing

quote:
Get over it. I said I misunderstood you. I thought I was introducing a new artist to someone, goodness! Testy,testy

You was slagging off the thread

Old Post 06-15-2007 01:09 AM
~*CRAZY*~ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ~*CRAZY*~ Click here to Send ~*CRAZY*~ a Private Message Visit ~*CRAZY*~'s homepage! Find more posts by ~*CRAZY*~ Add ~*CRAZY*~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajjustfloating
World Tour Level

quote:
Originally posted by ~*CRAZY*~
You was slagging off the thread

Why do you care? There has been lots of slaggin on this thread. Chill out.. I'm just here to talk to others about P!NK stuff. Don't take it so personally. Didn't mean to "slag" your thread.

Old Post 06-15-2007 05:53 AM
self_hazard
Double Platinum

LMAO. Right, well okay then. Moving swiftly on.

Old Post 06-15-2007 11:43 PM
~*CRAZY*~
Banned for cussing

quote:
Why do you care?

LOL

Old Post 06-16-2007 12:18 AM