Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Can we ban people if . . . Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vanyel
World Tour Level

Too bad you couldn't express that without the childish accusations of childishness..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2004 04:11 PM
Vanyel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanyel Click here to Send Vanyel a Private Message Find more posts by Vanyel Add Vanyel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff19
World Tour Level

quote:
Originally posted by Vanyel
Too bad you couldn't express that without the childish accusations of childishness..

Yeah i know But for me, when someone don't want to accept other different opinion thant his, its a act of childish.

Well it work also for me? Well wathever. I think what i said is for everybody, well we are all childish.

Old Post 09-12-2004 04:19 PM
Jeff19 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff19 Click here to Send Jeff19 a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff19 Add Jeff19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MonarC P!nk
#1 Video and Single Level

Re: Can we ban people if . . .

quote:
Originally posted by misfit
Numerous threads on this forum are about album sales and charts positions and this is really boring to read. If it is a thread congratulating pink on her success this is okay but it is when you have idiots claiming she is doing bad. I don't care where pink gets in the charts or how many albums she sells and nor does pink herself so why do we need to discuss it??? Maybe people who start such threads should be banned - that would soon put an end to this negativity. My opinion is as long as Pink is making music and i am listening to it then i am happy.

Secondly people should be banned for slagging off other artists such as Christina Aguilera. I haven't seen much of this going on recently but I'm sure it happens. So how about these people are banned too???

I would love your comments, especially that of a moderator who can put this into action.

Thanx all and have a good night,

M!sf!t

Well ban me now because I know in the future if the new album charts in the first week or whenever i'm going to post about where it charted, a certain word pops to mind while reading this thread.
Crackslack & Vanyel *applauds to u* ancovicka I understand what ur trying to say.
Here is my view on the whole situation:
Why should people be banned for talking about chart positions? "because P!nk doesn't like it? she doesn't care about her chart positions?" two words bull and u can think of the other word to add there, YES it gets boring to the people who seem to have no opinion if it contradicts something pink has said, who hear "pink has said she doesn't like to see on her messageboard this or that" well u know what, tough luck P!nk, whats this board for? to discuss her music and her career and WOW album sales and chart positions fall into that category. I believe the reason why she was p'ed off at the time was because most of the people on the board do not talk about the music and it was full of chart trife and what came into her head was dang is that all they talk about and r interested in (just my opinion, not to mention the media banging on about it to add to the story) if there was decent talk on the board she wouldn't have picked up on the chart talk. Furthermore, there is no point sugarcoating what people really think, she is a big girl and if thats the way some of her fans think and as long as its not hurls of abuse then so be it.
All this P!nk doesn't care about her chart positions thats another she gets reminded everytime a single or album comes out, on a major label ur job is to sell records and the record company will exploit her as a brand to increase sales, the thing is most people on the board do not understand certain things and words like flop come into peoples vocabulary but then again u cannot blame them because thats the kind of word the media has used in the past. Some of u who "don't care about record sales as long as she makes good music people" also need to realise that on this board now over 80% of the fans here discovered pink hardcore post-CTMH because of the huge success of M!ss (yes all the hype made sure u saw her on TV or heard her on the radio etc etc), or from TT or even from seeing her at a festival so there is no need to be all stubborn and think of people n e less because they would like to discuss certain topics, if u don't like it don't read it, you also have to realise that if it wasn't for those so called record sales and chart positions that fans have seen and helped to request, vote for, to help better her career because we want more people to experience the talent of pink which is soo under-rated even STILL at THIS stage in her career, if all the fans thought I don't care and not spread the word (even being a fan spreads the word, people think whats so special about this or that artist and might take note) then believe it or not a HUGE section of her career would suffer and whats wrong with wanting to increase the awareness? Its called support! but i guess some just think of thier ways are right and forget about others when it comes to opinions.
So if its "boring" to read then don't read, i think if there are numerous posts on the subject since its "so outragious" they can be put into one thread and kept there, there will always be people who have negative thoughts on certain topics, if u want a negative free area then create your own board and ban people for whatever u like. I for one, i am happy to put my thoughts into the subject and if i feel its getting out of hand with the amount of posts on it, i wont read it!
A Quote from P!nk when TT came out "I want to do a Thriller with this album" do u know what that means? basically getting her music out there and showing the people what TT has to offer SEVEN TIMES every few months, unfortunately it did not happen, but its all good!
PINK_FlappyBIT and i quote "Peoples views and tastes change all the time, people support more than one artist at anyone time as well. You cant say whats going on and why is she not in the charts? " You have a VERY valid point there in the first half of this argument, what i say is why can we not educate the people who have talked about the negative stuff instead of banning the poster/topic all together, not everyone thinks like what u have said. I also want to add that with the later part of the quote there r other factors, such as single choices, people r like sponges if they hear something they like they will go out and buy it, if its supported by the media and there is hype around it from the people then they will take note and might want to find out more, thats the name of the game. So if people think that a certain single choice was a bad idea its thier opinion and believe be single choices can make or break albums.
So banning for chart topics, no i do not agree and on slagging off other artists on the board, i have not encountered it, but then again its prolly where i have been on the board, so no comment on that one or i'll go on forever?
Michelle

Old Post 09-12-2004 06:33 PM
MonarC P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MonarC P!nk Click here to Send MonarC P!nk a Private Message Visit MonarC P!nk's homepage! Find more posts by MonarC P!nk Add MonarC P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crackslack
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff19
I'm just scared to not see Pink anymore, because i don't want to see her next album to flop, and if its happening, Pink will be dumped by her company records.

This is exactly the reason why some people on here DO care for her album sales

T4P

Old Post 09-12-2004 06:36 PM
crackslack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crackslack Click here to Send crackslack a Private Message Visit crackslack's homepage! Find more posts by crackslack Add crackslack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

If you don't like the thread.. you don't have to read it.. its that simple No need to ban people for expressing their opinions

Old Post 09-12-2004 06:36 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crackslack

Re: Re: Can we ban people if . . .

quote:
Originally posted by MonarC P!nk

Crackslack & Vanyel *applauds to u*

I like you

Agree with your post.

Old Post 09-12-2004 06:41 PM
crackslack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crackslack Click here to Send crackslack a Private Message Visit crackslack's homepage! Find more posts by crackslack Add crackslack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJ_P!nk

MonarC P!nk!!!

I couldn't have said it better!!!

Old Post 09-12-2004 06:54 PM
DJ_P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_P!nk Click here to Send DJ_P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by DJ_P!nk Add DJ_P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vanyel
World Tour Level

quote:

Crackslack & Vanyel *applauds to u*

I like you more
I agree with your post, but it's kinda hard to understand here and there. You really don't like using dots do you?

Old Post 09-12-2004 06:57 PM
Vanyel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanyel Click here to Send Vanyel a Private Message Find more posts by Vanyel Add Vanyel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PINK_FlappyBIT
Top 100 Charts Level

quote:

Damn girl, you need to take some breathers amongst all that !
Dont like using sentences and full stops? Thats what they are there for!

Maybe banning is harsh, but for some of us that are sick of hearing it just feel its an off topic and we would like P!NK to come on sometime and say g'day. (Those of us few who have our own opinions on this topic, which differ to yours and others).

And since she was quoted as saying what she did, my thinking at the time was that she comes on and gets annoyed. When you get annoyed you get upset and leave etc.

Im not retracting anything i have said on this thread - I stand by every word. Simply im just saying some of us also have opinions and like most have already said 'if you dont like it, dont read'. Freedom of speech right?

They were words said based on frustration on reading the same old, same old and certain words from the great one herself.

Old Post 09-12-2004 07:41 PM
PINK_FlappyBIT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PINK_FlappyBIT Click here to Send PINK_FlappyBIT a Private Message Find more posts by PINK_FlappyBIT Add PINK_FlappyBIT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MonarC P!nk

Re: Re: Re: Can we ban people if . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Vanyel
I like you more
I agree with your post, but it's kinda hard to understand here and there. You really don't like using dots do you?

I'm kinda busy at work and i couldn't read over and concentrate on it properly taking calls while trying to write having to break here and there is hard, I'm sorry. I just had a quick glance again and it is pretty bad. Apologies, I do not write like that normally, i usually use....between thoughts I have to come off the board now n e ways its getting hella busy. Props to everyone and thier opinions
Laterz

Old Post 09-12-2004 07:43 PM
MonarC P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MonarC P!nk Click here to Send MonarC P!nk a Private Message Visit MonarC P!nk's homepage! Find more posts by MonarC P!nk Add MonarC P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MonarC P!nk

Re: Re: Re: Can we ban people if . . .

quote:
Originally posted by PINK_FlappyBIT
Damn girl, you need to take some breathers amongst all that !
Dont like using sentences and full stops? Thats what they are there for!

Maybe banning is harsh, but for some of us that are sick of hearing it just feel its an off topic and we would like P!NK to come on sometime and say g'day. (Those of us few who have our own opinions on this topic, which differ to yours and others).

And since she was quoted as saying what she did, my thinking at the time was that she comes on and gets annoyed. When you get annoyed you get upset and leave etc.

Im not retracting anything i have said on this thread - I stand by every word. Simply im just saying some of us also have opinions and like most have already said 'if you dont like it, dont read'. Freedom of speech right?

They were words said based on frustration on reading the same old, same old and certain words from the great one herself.

Fairdues to ya girl, again sorryfortheconstanttypingwithnofullstopsorcommas <---- did u make that out

Old Post 09-12-2004 07:49 PM
PinkClare04

MonarC i couldnt have put it better myself. I'll say no more

Old Post 09-12-2004 08:21 PM
PinkClare04 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkClare04 Click here to Send PinkClare04 a Private Message Find more posts by PinkClare04 Add PinkClare04 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

i agree wit u, i hate it wen people post threds like

'pinks album flopped'

its like, so wot, it didnt sell as much as missundaztood but how long had missundaztood been on sale now, try this only came ou tlast november u gotta give it more time. then u get other people asking why she isnt doin as well as we'd like. i think she's doing really well, just think of how dramatic her life has been. oh my god, i'm waffling

*shutting up*

oh yeah, i dont care about album sales, its all about the music

Old Post 09-13-2004 12:05 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adDiKtiOn
Banned

people have nuttin to complain about but too many threads bout album sales .. and now u wanna ban the said threadmakers .. seriously dude get ahold of urself .. u have the choice to read a thread or not read it ..

Old Post 09-13-2004 04:25 AM
adDiKtiOn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adDiKtiOn Click here to Send adDiKtiOn a Private Message Find more posts by adDiKtiOn Add adDiKtiOn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misfit
Underground Label Level

I am so shocked and actually quite disheartened. I started this thread yesterday and i am the one to blame for suggesting maybe banning people and what a reaction i have caused (but i partly just wanted to say something to cause a reaction coz im fed up of being invisible).

A few things to set straight;

ONE - I never said that people should not have an opinion. I myself do not like some singers out there. However I don't feel it essential to come onto these forums to slag the certain singer off. I am sure that you realise if Pink went onto a forum other than her own and saw herself slagged off for whatever reason she would be unhappy as would i if i was in the public eye. Yes we can have an opinion but why do you feel the need to express it on here?

TWO - I understand album and single sales are important. I agree that she needs to sell albums to keep making more but that doesn't mean we should sit around and slate how bad a flop an album has been. Why do we need to feel we should do this? Everyone knows that Try This hasn't sold as well as Missundaztood so why shout it from the rooftops? Everyone knows this fact and if they don't does it matter. To us sitting at home listening to our CDs in our bedroom album sales are not important nor are chart positions. We are not pink's managers so it doesn't matter to us - let someone else worry about it.

THREE - I am an individual, i do what i want even if it is not agreed with by everyone (see this thread). I do what i do and say what i say and i don't care. I like what i like and don't care if people do or do not agree with me. I like Pink's albums, so what if other people don't. I am not a sheep, i don't only like what other people like. I would like to think everyone on this board is like this (somehow i doubt that though.) If this is true then none of you would be bothered where Pink charts. We are not her managers, we are her fans. If you are saying she has charted at this position - well done - well that is great but if you are being negative about her chart position why? Why does it matter to you? (Remember you are not her manager!)

FOUR - You are not her manager so why do you have the right to complain about her music, her single choice, where she tours and what she does. Is this very respectful to your so called idol? I think not. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion but be respectful - is the only decent thing.

FIVE - Maybe we should start a new section for conversations? As well as PInk Everything and Music and Lyrics etc we could have a section called "Things Pink Would Be Ashamed About Us Talking" then we can all gossip about her love life, her album sales and slagging off other people and her choice in singles etc. Would that be a good idea?

SIX - Maybe i was hasty in saying ban - maybe they should be banend for a week and then if they continue when they are allowed on they should be banned for another week and then another week and if they are banned for three weeks then they are banned for good. Is that a better, fairer idea?

SEVEN - Finally i hope Pink reads this - not because i am suggesting things Pink will like and not caring about my own opinion, i hope you realise i am not that kind of person - but so she can see and value the people who are her real fans. Ie, me!

Well that's all for now, I'll leave this a while and see if i get just as big reaction this time around, he he!

Don't burst a blood vessel reading this, lol, but don't not care - i want to have an impact!

M!sf!t

Old Post 09-13-2004 08:52 AM
misfit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misfit Click here to Send misfit a Private Message Find more posts by misfit Add misfit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote