Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > Censoring "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera
Should "Beautiful" be censored?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 6.25%
No 60 93.75%
Total: 64 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UncensoredGlory
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by jinxx
no, why should that be cencored when theres hundreds of videos with straight people kissing? theres no difference apart from gender, cencoring it would do nothing apart from encourage homophobia.

Agreed... you censor something because you feel it could be harmful. Censorhsip on this just shows you feel that it is "wrong" to be gay.

What stations have censored the video? Where is the ACLU on this? We should boycott those stations AND thier advertisers.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:23 PM
UncensoredGlory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UncensoredGlory Click here to Send UncensoredGlory a Private Message Visit UncensoredGlory's homepage! Find more posts by UncensoredGlory Add UncensoredGlory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xDANiELLEx
Triple Platinum Record Level

if they don't like the video then don't watch it! simple as that.

Some TV shows have warnings in the beginning that say "Do To Some Graphic Behavor Parental Supervison Is Advised" They can just add that to any video that doesn't make their OK list

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:27 PM
xDANiELLEx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xDANiELLEx Click here to Send xDANiELLEx a Private Message Find more posts by xDANiELLEx Add xDANiELLEx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lora

quote:
Originally posted by UncensoredGlory
Agreed... you censor something because you feel it could be harmful. Censorhsip on this just shows you feel that it is "wrong" to be gay.

What stations have censored the video? Where is the ACLU on this? We should boycott those stations AND thier advertisers.

ok.

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:28 PM
Lora is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lora Click here to Send Lora a Private Message Find more posts by Lora Add Lora to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
menta71

quote:
Originally posted by jinxx
no, why should that be cencored when theres hundreds of videos with straight people kissing? theres no difference apart from gender, cencoring it would do nothing apart from encourage homophobia.

right on

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:47 PM
menta71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for menta71 Click here to Send menta71 a Private Message Find more posts by menta71 Add menta71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HellSentKitten
Double Platinum

I don't respect Christina as an artist, but the video is brilliant. So, in actuality, the director is brilliant. It's a great video, with a positive message that's much needed right now. Besides the fact that it's by an artist that's contradicting herself (i.e. half naked "Dirrrty" now self loving "beautiful") I find it ridiculous that this video be censored in any way. It's the 21st century, yet people are still censoring homosexuality? Every time this society takes one step forward evolving to a better mind view, we take two steps back.

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:47 PM
HellSentKitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HellSentKitten Click here to Send HellSentKitten a Private Message Find more posts by HellSentKitten Add HellSentKitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xDANiELLEx

quote:
Originally posted by HellSentKitten
It's the 21st century, yet people are still censoring homosexuality? Every time this society takes one step forward evolving to a better mind view, we take two steps back.

I AGREE!!!

Old Post 03-13-2003 12:24 AM
xDANiELLEx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xDANiELLEx Click here to Send xDANiELLEx a Private Message Find more posts by xDANiELLEx Add xDANiELLEx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trixx_Junkie
Banned for cussing

No it defo shouldn't b banned i ain't really a fan ov hers but its just another way to say Gay isn't natural if it was banned theres hundereds ov vids where straight people r nearly *****in so a gay kissin scene will do the every1 the world ov gud

Old Post 03-13-2003 04:08 PM
Trixx_Junkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trixx_Junkie Click here to Send Trixx_Junkie a Private Message Find more posts by Trixx_Junkie Add Trixx_Junkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
self_hazard
Double Platinum

The video is censored on U.K. terrestrial television before about 8 o'clock.

Old Post 03-13-2003 07:35 PM
self_hazard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for self_hazard Click here to Send self_hazard a Private Message Visit self_hazard's homepage! Find more posts by self_hazard Add self_hazard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkBazFan
Top 100 Charts Level

No way i totally agree, by censoring it you would basically be saying that there is something wrong of offensive about it, which just fuels hate and prejudice. You all said it so well!

Old Post 03-13-2003 07:50 PM
PinkBazFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkBazFan Click here to Send PinkBazFan a Private Message Find more posts by PinkBazFan Add PinkBazFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NinjaKasumi
Banned

I was really disgusted when i heard they wouldn't show the gay kissing! The BBC won't show that or they won't show tATu's video either! Stupid homophobic ppl at the BBC should be shot. They r saying there's sumthing wrong with being gay!

Ur right about the fact that straight kissing is ok, if they wouldn't show any kissing i could accept that. But just not showing gay kissing is discrimination! They cant do that! Its just as bad as them saying that no black ppl r allowed on tv isn't it? They have no valid reason to stop those vids at all. Their reason is sumthing like children shouldn't be shown that. Y not? Coz it shows them they dun have to be straight? If ur gay u r, a song isnt gunna effect that.

Those songs did really help me accept the fact that i'm bi, it showed me i didn't have anything to be ashamed about, but then those videos were banned from sum channels. So wot r they trying to say? Yes i should have sumthing to be ashamed about?

Old Post 03-13-2003 08:26 PM
NinjaKasumi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NinjaKasumi Click here to Send NinjaKasumi a Private Message Find more posts by NinjaKasumi Add NinjaKasumi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
#1supa*

no way should this song be censored. Everybody has the freedom to be whoever they want to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-13-2003 08:29 PM
#1supa* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #1supa* Click here to Send #1supa* a Private Message Visit #1supa*'s homepage! Find more posts by #1supa* Add #1supa* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
self_hazard
Double Platinum

"We are beautiful no matter what they say"

Old Post 03-15-2003 05:38 PM
self_hazard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for self_hazard Click here to Send self_hazard a Private Message Visit self_hazard's homepage! Find more posts by self_hazard Add self_hazard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lick-alot-pink

i was in shock when i first saw the video ....but i loved it...im not to much of a fan of hers, but if she had anything to do with the content in the video ...then i give a lot of credit to her.

Old Post 03-15-2003 05:47 PM
lick-alot-pink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lick-alot-pink Click here to Send lick-alot-pink a Private Message Find more posts by lick-alot-pink Add lick-alot-pink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NinjaKasumi
Banned

It was written and composed my Linda Perry! She writes sum totally cool songs. But i dunno who decided to put gay kissing in it. Who ever it was then i think it was a good choice coz its true. Then those ugly ppl of the bbc say gays rn't beautiful. The cheek of it all!!!!!

Old Post 03-15-2003 08:30 PM
NinjaKasumi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NinjaKasumi Click here to Send NinjaKasumi a Private Message Find more posts by NinjaKasumi Add NinjaKasumi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~*Superstar*~
Banned

is it me or does any1 else think that the 2 guys kissing look exactly like each other? its like hes getting off with a relfection

Old Post 03-15-2003 09:20 PM
~*Superstar*~ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ~*Superstar*~ Click here to Send ~*Superstar*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*Superstar*~ Add ~*Superstar*~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote