Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Will BT have any #1 big hit?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
asanz
Top 100 Charts Level

Will BT have any #1 big hit?

All previous albums had standout tracks that appear to be easily #1 hits in the US, dont get me wrong, the album is good but IMO, BT doesnt really have any direct to #1 commercial song (aka JGMAR, U+UH, etc), most of them are growers (I think only Revenge is quite radio friendly) and even though I see them going to #1 worldwide or in many countries, I feel this era wont have any major hits like other previous albums.

Thoughts? Do think we will get a long lasting #1 hit from this one?

Last edited by asanz on 11-12-2017 at 10:31 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-12-2017 01:39 PM
asanz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asanz Click here to Send asanz a Private Message Find more posts by asanz Add asanz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

Re: Will BT have any #1 big hit?

quote:
Originally posted by asanz
All previous albums had stand up tracks that appear to be easily #1 hits in the US, dont get me wrong, the album is good but IMO, BT doesnt really have any direct to #1 commercial song (aka JGMAR, U+UH, etc), most of them are growers (I think only Revenge is quite radio friendly) and even though I see them going to #1 worldwide or in many countries, I feel this era wont have any major hits like other previous albums.

Thoughts? Do think we will get a long lasting #1 hit from this one?

I Am Here & For Now. Maybe Revenge.

Old Post 11-12-2017 02:55 PM
RiceNorim is online now Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

No I don't thinks so.

Old Post 11-12-2017 03:56 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

Maybe. You never know what will click.

Old Post 11-12-2017 03:58 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dfantasy
World Tour Level

I Am Here but of course she won't release it and choose songs like Revenge and BT instead.

Old Post 11-12-2017 04:07 PM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

M!ssundaztood, I'm Not Dead and The Truth About Love were perfect pop records cuz all of them had a bunch of standout tracks, half of I'm Not Dead was made of potential singles and many great songs with hit factor didnt have single treatment like 18 Wheeler, 'Cuz I Can, Long Way To Happy or Slut Like You.
This record to me is more like Try This and Funhouse which are great records but they both missed standout tracks, besides So What that was the only actual hit from Funhouse, even Sober that it's an amazing song, it totally misses the "hit factor" that similar singles like Just Like A Pill, Who Knew and Try had.
When What About Us was released I though they finally decided to quit the "upbeat lead single" formula and go right to the "good" single, but listening to the album in full you can clearly notice it miss the potential #1 single, I'm not saying it's a bad record, I love it more than Try This or The Truth About Love
But honestly I don't see any of those songs top the charts, forgetting about Australia that's all another story lol
Probably this could be the first era, if they play it well, where a ballad could be an actual hit.
Performed in the right place at the right time a song like Wild Hearts could be a Someone Like You.

In terms of commercial success I see this record doing like IND, 3 or 4 massive hits but not a WW#1 like So What or Just Give Me A Reason.

Last edited by M*A*X*IT on 11-12-2017 at 06:56 PM

Old Post 11-12-2017 06:53 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
M!ssundaztood, I'm Not Dead and The Truth About Love were perfect pop records cuz all of them had a bunch of standout tracks, half of I'm Not Dead was made of potential singles and many great songs with hit factor didnt have single treatment like 18 Wheeler, 'Cuz I Can, Long Way To Happy or Slut Like You.
This record to me is more like Try This and Funhouse which are great records but they both missed standout tracks, besides So What that was the only actual hit from Funhouse, even Sober that it's an amazing song, it totally misses the "hit factor" that similar singles like Just Like A Pill, Who Knew and Try had.
When What About Us was released I though they finally decided to quit the "upbeat lead single" formula and go right to the "good" single, but listening to the album in full you can clearly notice it miss the potential #1 single, I'm not saying it's a bad record, I love it more than Try This or The Truth About Love
But honestly I don't see any of those songs top the charts, forgetting about Australia that's all another story lol
Probably this could be the first era, if they play it well, where a ballad could be an actual hit.
Performed in the right place at the right time a song like Wild Hearts could be a Someone Like You.

In terms of commercial success I see this record doing like IND, 3 or 4 massive hits but not a WW#1 like So What or Just Give Me A Reason.

Those songs topped the charts back then, but if you listen to songs that are topping the charts today it is songs like those on BT.

Old Post 11-12-2017 07:27 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

Idk why Max is so obsessed with WHCBB being a single. It would bomb as a single. It’s a great song but probably the worst song on the album & I’m 100% sure it wouldn’t do well on the charts. It’s too much the same throughout & there’s much better ballads to choose from.

Old Post 11-12-2017 07:52 PM
RiceNorim is online now Click Here to See the Profile for RiceNorim Click here to Send RiceNorim a Private Message Find more posts by RiceNorim Add RiceNorim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

well, p!nk has made a career of making hits out of songs that dont sound like surefire hits cause she has her own sound.

i think songs like wyw, fn, wwg are all potential hits...while others are also great songs that could be hits ie barbies, i am here, secrets...most thought pink would have a surefire hit with sober or just like a pill and look what happened.

id prefer we lost it over wild hearts...i love the ballads on this album, but theyre huge risks for her cause shes not adele. :-P so id go the barbies route if she really wants a softer song out there. an award show performance of wild hearts would be awesome though.

just gotta see...but im definitely happier her songs are more mature and less generic than before. without risk theres no reward. and this is the time to take a risk cause it can pay off.

im so happy slut like you wasnt a single...so trashy sounding imo. as much as i love cuz i can in the past i also cant stand it. the ruff ruff and ****. such a drunk making track. we also hear things differently as super fans than a normal person listening. fan favorites arent always good singles.

this album has MANY standout tracks unlike funhouse and ind that only had a few.

Last edited by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! on 11-12-2017 at 08:25 PM

Old Post 11-12-2017 08:07 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

Slut Like You would have been a huge hit as a single.

Old Post 11-13-2017 12:47 AM
M*A*X*IT

there's a huge different between personal favorites songs and songs that could be potential hits.
Usually every era has 1 or 2 singles that I consider the best songs from the album.
Raise Your Glass is one of my least fave track from her but it was a huge hit in the USA, Mean and One Foot Wrong are my favorite tracks from Funhouse but I never thought those two could've been singles.

Slut Like You is trash of course but trust me if they released it as lead single if could've achieved the same success of JGMAR
Be honest, besides JGMAR, all of her #1 hits were trash

and I'm not obsessed with Wild Hearts, lol
but this album could be the perfect chance for her to release a ballad and make it a hit showing the world she could actually sing
Beautiful Trauma has 4 ballads
I don't see anything special in But We Lost It, it sounds like a left out track from 25, You Get My Love has great vocals but I don't see a 5mins song becoming single without a short edit that would kill the song.
Barbies and Wild Hearts are the best choices to me.
Wild Hearts sounds different and of course I don't see that song being a JGMARpt2 it would reach the top20 but It could be that kind of song people will remember
Listen by Beyoncé peaked at #61 in the USA, but it's a big hit for her, it's the typical song people sing at audition or to showcase their vocals
Also there's a huge hype behind that track, the fact that P!nk kept it for the album, it's the closing track of her apple concert and the outro during the ending credits, there's also the "Wild Heart" area on tour
and I still thinking that a live performance of that song at the Grammys or Brits could replicate the GITA effects at the Grammys in 2010.

Old Post 11-13-2017 01:13 AM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinK4Sand
2nd Grammy Level

yes why not, but not with title track

Old Post 11-13-2017 01:16 AM
PinK4Sand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinK4Sand Click here to Send PinK4Sand a Private Message Find more posts by PinK4Sand Add PinK4Sand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
there's a huge different between personal favorites songs and songs that could be potential hits.
Usually every era has 1 or 2 singles that I consider the best songs from the album.
Raise Your Glass is one of my least fave track from her but it was a huge hit in the USA, Mean and One Foot Wrong are my favorite tracks from Funhouse but I never thought those two could've been singles.

Slut Like You is trash of course but trust me if they released it as lead single if could've achieved the same success of JGMAR
Be honest, besides JGMAR, all of her #1 hits were trash

and I'm not obsessed with Wild Hearts, lol
but this album could be the perfect chance for her to release a ballad and make it a hit showing the world she could actually sing
Beautiful Trauma has 4 ballads
I don't see anything special in But We Lost It, it sounds like a left out track from 25, You Get My Love has great vocals but I don't see a 5mins song becoming single without a short edit that would kill the song.
Barbies and Wild Hearts are the best choices to me.
Wild Hearts sounds different and of course I don't see that song being a JGMARpt2 it would reach the top20 but It could be that kind of song people will remember
Listen by Beyoncé peaked at #61 in the USA, but it's a big hit for her, it's the typical song people sing at audition or to showcase their vocals
Also there's a huge hype behind that track, the fact that P!nk kept it for the album, it's the closing track of her apple concert and the outro during the ending credits, there's also the "Wild Heart" area on tour
and I still thinking that a live performance of that song at the Grammys or Brits could replicate the GITA effects at the Grammys in 2010.

Nicely said. You convinced me.
:P

Old Post 11-13-2017 01:50 AM
RiceNorim
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by PinK4Sand
yes why not, but not with title track

May you say why? I’m
Interested? I’m also sceptical of BT being a single.

Old Post 11-13-2017 01:50 AM
Mr_NotDead
World Tour Level

Re: Re: Will BT have any #1 big hit?

quote:
Originally posted by RiceNorim
I Am Here & For Now. Maybe Revenge.

I have to agree with you. I think they should release 'For Now' early Jan, maybe second week, as it's a very wintery song, followed by I am Here around April/May.

Does anyone know if revenge is still happening?

Old Post 11-13-2017 09:50 AM
Mr_NotDead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_NotDead Click here to Send Mr_NotDead a Private Message Find more posts by Mr_NotDead Add Mr_NotDead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote