Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk & Carey's Baby! > The name Willow
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Little_Peculiar
Triple Platinum Record Level

The name Willow

i dont know if this has been discussed or posted before but oh well.

Has Pink said anything about where she and Carey got the idea and inspiration for the name from?
After i read the book Handle with care by Jodi Picoult im suspecting that had something to do with it. Considering we already know Pink does read books of hers.

Pink gave the same reason and explanation to the name as the one i read in that book about the character Willow.

Have we heard anything or have anyone talked about it on here before? if so could i get a link to the thread to read?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-03-2011 09:02 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

Yesssss i love Jodi P. too but where do we know from that P!nk likes her too? Has she said it in an interview or smth? It is possible that the idea comes from that.

Old Post 11-03-2011 09:23 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
Yesssss i love Jodi P. too but where do we know from that P!nk likes her too? Has she said it in an interview or smth? It is possible that the idea comes from that.
Well one of the clues weve got is the Jodi Picoult book spotted in the Nobody Knows video. Its one i havent read though and i dont remember what its called lol, but its sitting on the bed next to her.

Old Post 11-03-2011 10:06 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
Originally posted by Little_Peculiar
Well one of the clues weve got is the Jodi Picoult book spotted in the Nobody Knows video. Its one i havent read though and i dont remember what its called lol, but its sitting on the bed next to her.
just noticed im goin back more and more to proper english instead of text language.. i like it. after all i am an adult now

Old Post 11-03-2011 10:07 PM
purple18

quote:
oh i just had a look (and i never noticed that before). it's Vanishing Acts, i've read it (as almost everything by her lol ) imo it's not her best but it's worth reading. hmm dunno i can deffo imagine the idea came from there and the funny thing is that i immediately thought about Handle with Care when i heard the baby's name

Old Post 11-03-2011 11:50 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Culebra

Re: The name Willow

quote:
i dont know if this has been discussed or posted before but oh well.

Has Pink said anything about where she and Carey got the idea and inspiration for the name from?
After i read the book Handle with care by Jodi Picoult im suspecting that had something to do with it. Considering we already know Pink does read books of hers.

Pink gave the same reason and explanation to the name as the one i read in that book about the character Willow.

Have we heard anything or have anyone talked about it on here before? if so could i get a link to the thread to read?

She mentioned the meaning in the People mag article that had the first baby pics:

"The willow is my favorite tree. I grew up near one. It's the most flexible tree in nature and nothing can break it - no wind, no elements," ... "It can bend and withstand anything. I love that sentiment. I want that for her."

"Sage is cleansing and sacred," she said. "And it sounded great together. It doesn't hurt that her last name is Hart -- flexible cleansed heart."

Old Post 11-04-2011 05:59 PM
Culebra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Culebra Click here to Send Culebra a Private Message Visit Culebra's homepage! Find more posts by Culebra Add Culebra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

Re: Re: The name Willow

quote:
Originally posted by Culebra
She mentioned the meaning in the People mag article that had the first baby pics:

"The willow is my favorite tree. I grew up near one. It's the most flexible tree in nature and nothing can break it - no wind, no elements," ... "It can bend and withstand anything. I love that sentiment. I want that for her."

"Sage is cleansing and sacred," she said. "And it sounded great together. It doesn't hurt that her last name is Hart -- flexible cleansed heart."

yeah exactly, about Willow. in that book its very similar. That the willow tree would not break but it would bend and so on. The character called Willow has OI, brittle bones. So i thought it was possible she got the idea from the book

Old Post 11-04-2011 06:19 PM
kathy~trydis

Pink named her baby after Willow from Buffy.

Old Post 11-08-2011 10:52 AM
kathy~trydis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kathy~trydis Click here to Send kathy~trydis a Private Message Find more posts by kathy~trydis Add kathy~trydis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
Originally posted by kathy~trydis
Lol where have you heard this?

Old Post 11-14-2011 08:18 PM
grenno

quote:

LOL i hope not. not liking the character.

Old Post 11-28-2011 01:35 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kathy~trydis

^ lol no I was just joking.

Old Post 12-02-2011 01:46 PM
kathy~trydis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kathy~trydis Click here to Send kathy~trydis a Private Message Find more posts by kathy~trydis Add kathy~trydis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
^ lol no I was just joking.
lol even if she had done that she would never say.. it would just be sad

Old Post 12-13-2011 01:12 AM