Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > has anyone worked in canada?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
caitywait
2nd Grammy Level

has anyone worked in canada?

i am thinking about going to work in canada during the next winter ski season. has anyone done this or knows anything about it? I have seen there are a few organisations (OWH etc) which can organise jobs for you and accommodation. is it worth paying them to do this or better to just find a job when u get there?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2008 12:03 PM
caitywait is offline Click Here to See the Profile for caitywait Click here to Send caitywait a Private Message Find more posts by caitywait Add caitywait to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hyperpunkrocker
World Tour Level

it is better to find a job when you get to canada because some of the organizations end up taking some of your pay check as payment for finding you the job...if you want a job for the ski season here in canada go to vancouver or wisler or banff BC...so yeah find a job when you get here....

Old Post 01-31-2008 01:35 AM
hyperpunkrocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hyperpunkrocker Click here to Send hyperpunkrocker a Private Message Visit hyperpunkrocker's homepage! Find more posts by hyperpunkrocker Add hyperpunkrocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freshh.
Needs Rehab Level

Re: has anyone worked in canada?

quote:
Originally posted by caitywait
i am thinking about going to work in canada during the next winter ski season. has anyone done this or knows anything about it? I have seen there are a few organisations (OWH etc) which can organise jobs for you and accommodation. is it worth paying them to do this or better to just find a job when u get there?

Well you could work as a ski instructor or something to do with the ski season.

My friend just got back from Canada and they give you accomodation and everything.

Well, if you can ski

Old Post 01-31-2008 03:30 AM
Freshh. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freshh. Click here to Send Freshh. a Private Message Find more posts by Freshh. Add Freshh. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
caitywait
2nd Grammy Level

yeah the organisations make u pay about $A600 then they get u a job. I wanna work in a bar or hotel or something on the mountain. I enquired about being a ski instructor but u need to pay to do a course over there-even if u know how to ski. think i'll just go over there and see if i can get a job wen i get there, cos they'll surely have lots of work going, as it will be their busiest time of year

Old Post 01-31-2008 10:27 AM
caitywait is offline Click Here to See the Profile for caitywait Click here to Send caitywait a Private Message Find more posts by caitywait Add caitywait to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
caitywait
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by hyperpunkrocker
it is better to find a job when you get to canada because some of the organizations end up taking some of your pay check as payment for finding you the job...if you want a job for the ski season here in canada go to vancouver or wisler or banff BC...so yeah find a job when you get here....

yeah i wanted to work at whistler

Old Post 01-31-2008 10:28 AM