Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > Celeb Deaths
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cranium
Top 100 Charts Level

what's an "actual celeb"?
it always depends on how big someone was. Ledger won an oscar, that already made him possibly bigger than Casey Calvert or whatever emo band from where ever, he was married to Michelle Willimas, who also stands in the spotlight and he had a couple of outstanding movies. so there you go.
i don't think the media decides anything. the people, the audience, the fans etc, decide who is big and who isn't while the star is still alive. the more fans someone has, the more people know their name, the more fuss there will be when that someone passes away.
the more famous we make a person, the more tragic their death will seem to us.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-27-2008 07:00 PM
Cranium is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cranium Click here to Send Cranium a Private Message Find more posts by Cranium Add Cranium to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tru Faith
#1 Single Level

would u really want ur death splashed all over the news anyway? i mean jeez Ledger was hardly dead 5 mins before the media was picking his life apart. its horrible, all speculating about drugs and depression. but we don't know him. i'm not saying i'm blameless because i wanna find out too even though its none of my business.

Old Post 01-28-2008 01:30 AM
tru Faith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tru Faith Click here to Send tru Faith a Private Message Visit tru Faith's homepage! Find more posts by tru Faith Add tru Faith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jolie-Pitt
Triple Platinum Record Level

cause not many ppl know who Casey Calvert is

Old Post 01-29-2008 06:51 PM
Jolie-Pitt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jolie-Pitt Click here to Send Jolie-Pitt a Private Message Visit Jolie-Pitt's homepage! Find more posts by Jolie-Pitt Add Jolie-Pitt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkClare04
Triple Platinum Record Level

the story of Heath Ledger's death will sell more copies of a newspaper or magazine than the death of some guy from Hawthorne Heights (dont even know who they are)

it's all about what stories will sell and make the newspapaers money not about his life being more or less important than someone elses

Old Post 01-29-2008 07:44 PM
PinkClare04 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkClare04 Click here to Send PinkClare04 a Private Message Find more posts by PinkClare04 Add PinkClare04 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freshh.
Needs Rehab Level

mmmm.

And Heath Ledger was oh so pretty

Old Post 01-30-2008 12:41 AM
Freshh. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freshh. Click here to Send Freshh. a Private Message Find more posts by Freshh. Add Freshh. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote