Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Pink raising her kids gender neutral
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skye
World Tour Level

Pink raising her kids gender neutral

(Sorry if this has already been discussed)

I've been reading everywhere that pink has said that Willow & Jameson are being raised as gender neutral, & it seems to have mixed opinions. I'm cool with however people choose to raise their own children, so my thoughts are each to their own. But what exactly does it mean? Has pinks words been blown out of context? As far as I've seen/heard she has always referred to Willow as a girl & Jameson a boy. & although pink herself is a tomboy I've always thought she's very girlie. Any ideas of wth the media/SM are talking about?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2017 03:19 AM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Like not buying pink to W and blue to J and getting W barbies and J cars, getting W to dancing classes and not uhm sports that is typically for guys, like American football, etc etc I guess? But letting them choose themselves or giving them more options than one. I already started that trend 29 years when I was a kid, ha. Loved black, green, blue, played soccer, played with cars and climbed trees, and basically hated dresses or girly stuffs, haha. No but imagine being like that and “forced” to like certain stuff and being put on stuff you feel disgusting in. So I think it’s a good thing, but I had a friend who kinda didn’t wanna buy pink to her daughter even tho the girl really loved pink dresses etc, she kept it “neutral”, and imo that’s wrong. The whole thing is about letting the kid create an identity by themselves.

Old Post 12-04-2017 04:53 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Oh and also liking and falling in love with people and personalities, doesn’t matter their gender, origin, etc

Old Post 12-04-2017 06:09 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skye
World Tour Level

Thanks, I thought so. People are giving criticism saying she's saying she's not going to be calling Willow a girl & Jameson a boy & leave it for them to decide I thought I'd missed something lol

Old Post 12-04-2017 06:16 AM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

It rather sounds like stereotype-free. I don't think she knows exactly what it is or she doesn't completely follows it since she reffered Willow as 'she' and Jameson 'he'.

Old Post 12-04-2017 06:24 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
It rather sounds like stereotype-free. I don't think she knows exactly what it is or she doesn't completely follows it since she reffered Willow as 'she' and Jameson 'he'.

Hmmm. In Sweden we mean this as I wrote it, not that the kid has a penis or not that’s the whole point. Having a penis shouldn’t automatically mean you like cars and blue. But again, I can’t read Pinks mind so I don’t know what she means but this is how I understand this and how we mean it here.

Old Post 12-04-2017 06:38 AM
AlrightSir

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Hmmm. In Sweden we mean this as I wrote it, not that the kid has a penis or not that’s the whole point. Having a penis shouldn’t automatically mean you like cars and blue. But again, I can’t read Pinks mind so I don’t know what she means but this is how I understand this and how we mean it here.
I'm not really familiar with the proper English definitions of these either.

I think raising a child without forcing the steteotypes is great so I can't see the problem with that.

Old Post 12-04-2017 07:35 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Like not buying pink to W and blue to J and getting W barbies and J cars, getting W to dancing classes and not uhm sports that is typically for guys, like American football, etc etc I guess? But letting them choose themselves or giving them more options than one. I already started that trend 29 years when I was a kid, ha. Loved black, green, blue, played soccer, played with cars and climbed trees, and basically hated dresses or girly stuffs, haha. No but imagine being like that and “forced” to like certain stuff and being put on stuff you feel disgusting in. So I think it’s a good thing, but I had a friend who kinda didn’t wanna buy pink to her daughter even tho the girl really loved pink dresses etc, she kept it “neutral”, and imo that’s wrong. The whole thing is about letting the kid create an identity by themselves.

Yes explaind exactly as I would. I think maybe people are confusing gender neutral and gendar fluid...

She's just not pushing w to be a Barbie and j to be a man's man, let them be they are just kids

Old Post 12-04-2017 10:15 AM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Agnes

It means that the phisical sex of a kid doesn't determine the gener of it. Meaning, you don't associate the sex of a person with a stereotyphical behaviours, interests, colors etc. You just let your kid act as it wants. Doesn't mean that you refer to your son as "it" or anything like that.

Here is a quite a cool video touching this subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NybJ-xHUpdc .

Old Post 12-04-2017 09:41 PM
Agnes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Agnes Click here to Send Agnes a Private Message Find more posts by Agnes Add Agnes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Yeah, well that probably sums up everything I tried to say

Old Post 12-05-2017 05:44 AM
skye
World Tour Level

An Australian TV show called studio 10 ran a short story on it & blew it all out of proportion, especially one of the hosts Ita Buttrose (which she clearly knows nothing about pink) now people have the wrong idea about pink & are accusing her of being a bad mum & calling it child abbuse. Load of crap

Old Post 12-05-2017 06:54 AM
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by skye
An Australian TV show called studio 10 ran a short story on it & blew it all out of proportion, especially one of the hosts Ita Buttrose (which she clearly knows nothing about pink) now people have the wrong idea about pink & are accusing her of being a bad mum & calling it child abbuse. Load of crap
how is it child abuse even if she was raising them not only gender neutrally but gender fluently?! people are so damn stupid. and how dare they even feel entitled to discuss her personal life and personal decisions to bring up her children when obviously she would never do any harm to them? idiots

"gender neutral" as in stereotype free is the only way to raise a child.

Old Post 12-05-2017 08:14 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nique
Double Platinum

Why do they still refer to their kids as boy and girl?

I question the source of this article.

Old Post 12-05-2017 03:17 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by nique

Because gender neutral dosent mean gender fluid.... She's pushing them to be them selves and enjoy life without worrying this is a girls toy or a boys sport Ect. I don't think she's raising them as gender fluid, that's really up to a person to deside for themselves

At the end if the day here we are putting a label on not putting a label on someone.
Pink has two child one born a girl one born a boy, both happy healthy and enjoying life, sharing experiences...shes a very hands on mother I have so much respect for her desitions.

Media will always seek a story from nothing

Old Post 12-05-2017 03:59 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by nique

Why wouldn’t they? It is a boy because of the genitals. No? This is what bugs me so much with this discussion. The word boy/male means nothing but the word penis. Or at least it shouldn’t mean anything more than that. In the best of worlds.

Old Post 12-05-2017 05:53 PM