Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Your first time
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

Your first time

This thread is Hugely inspired by hookedonspice telling their experiences from their first show last week!
I thought it would be fun to talk about everybodys first pink show (however old or resent it is)

Feel free to copy and paste
You can add your setlist if you want

How old are you now?
How old where you at the concert?
Date and venue and name of tour?
Have you seen her since the first time?
Who did you go with?
Did you meet any other fans?
Share your experiences from the show, anything you can rember, any stand out songs or moments?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-01-2017 12:00 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

Re: Your first time

How old are you now? 29 years old.
How old where you at the concert? 15 years old. I swear I thought I was 11 but now when I counted I was 15. I was a fan since age 11, mixed those up. Lol!
Date and venue and name of tour? Try this tour, Hovet, Stockholm, Sweden. March 11th 2004 (my dads birthday, and I love my dad A LOT, so imagine how much this concert meant to me and being able to actually go without parents etc).
Have you seen her since the first time? Yes. In concert 38 more times since the first show. Not just in Sweden obviously
Who did you go with? The first time I went with a girl from my soccer team that I played in. The other times mostly Mandy but also a lot of people from here. I did go with my boyfriend back then once too.
Did you meet any other fans? The first gig no.
Share your experiences from the show, anything you can rember, any stand out songs or moments? Well she grabbed my hand when she walked by in that yellow and black outfit. I remember I loved her mohawk and the silver lipstick. I thought she was in that cage coming down from, but it wasn’t her. She fooled me. I loved her music obviously, but her voice and the way she sounded and sang live made me love her even more so I guess that made me hooked on doing more shows, pretty much. And of course also finding this place where I kind of felt like home with so many others who loved her equally as I did (none of my friends understood my passion for music - not only Pink - most of them just obsessed over dudes back then lol). Seeing her for the first time made me feel closer to her. I don’t know why but I come from Bosnia where it’s been war so we moved to Sweden when I was little. So everything to me felt so “hard to avhieve” or “so far away”. And actually seeing my idol this upclose and she is just a human and not a voice on cd or face on tv made me kind of realize that everything is possible. Even for me. And that started something in me. I had so many dreams of doing this and becoming that and seeing this and and... and every year I somehow ended up doing it. That motivated me to push myself and try harder and experience more. Of course along with everything else happening in life back then. But this is what I took with me from my first Pink show. And I am so happy I had the chance to go not just the first time, but every other gig and trip I’ve done and people I’ve met on the way and being a part of this community. I am forever thankful and wouldn’t want to have had my life any other way.

Old Post 12-01-2017 04:00 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

That was really nice to read Dani, but I'm sure she was in the cage... No?

https://youtu.be/pP6UccV3k1k

Last edited by *CiaraDublin89* on 12-01-2017 at 06:19 PM

Old Post 12-01-2017 06:16 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by *CiaraDublin89*
That was really nice to read Dani, but I'm sure she was in the cage... No?

https://youtu.be/pP6UccV3k1k

Thanks for reading
I’ll have to check TT tour DVD. Or maybe someone with a mohawk was on stage and I thought it was her but she was in the cage. Well she fooled me anyway and I remember that I was like looking at her and then realizing it wasn’t her and I could’ve sworn it was

Old Post 12-01-2017 06:31 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

Re: Your first time

You can add your setlist if you want

Firstly here's a link to the setlist, rereading it makes my heart warm https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pnk/...d-2bd8bc82.html

How old are you now? 28
How old where you at the concert? 12
Date and venue and name of tour? 6th November, Dublin the point, it's changed names to O2 and 3 arena
Have you seen her since the first time? 23 times in total
Who did you go with? At the time we had a mature Japanese exchange student I went with her and my then best friend in school. Only for the exchange student would go with me (she was 30) I wouldent have been aloud to go) plus me and my friend looked crazy old for our age
Did you meet any other fans?I met Karen, keisha and Michelle (moan Alicia and her friends)
Share your experiences from the show, anything you can rember, any stand out songs or moments?
I had to beg to go to this concert, really really beg. In my case there actually was a power point presentation or a 12 year olds version of that I got every magazine I could find with her in it that I had, got all the clippings and made a project in a folder to present to my mam to show her how much I lived this woman and why I admire her. I don't know how but I was aloud to go
It was cold, it's was soooooooooooo cold. The Japanese exchange student brought hand warmers that we shared, back then it seemed like rocket science but they they sell them in most supermarkets.
One of my biggest regrets in life is the following scenario... The doors open we all ran (this was my first ever concert) I seen the merchandise stand and stopped to talk, ask questions, price things up size myself, looking back it's like something out of a movie, comedy or horror I can't deside. So I eventually started running again. And weirdly made second row, now I was soooo happy, but to think I gave up frunt row still drives me crazy
I ended up behind Karen by chance, we ended up fighting because my friend from school was getting pushed(into Karen)
At one point pink came down to the front everybody pushed everybody, I almost killed my friend, she didn't shake my hand that time
I rember feeling like a bad fan for not knowing all the songs, and feeling abit confused but if you see the setlist there was actually loads of covers back to back of course I knew all her songs they ment the world to me, she sang practically all of the album mizz if I could go back to any show and do it again it would have to be this!
It was a real rock show, just her and the band(not her current band) no dancers she didn't change her clothes and her hair was black, she wore a white tank top with no bra and black tape across her boobs, I just thought she was the coolest woman Ide ever seen she was so young, just gone 23,i rember thing like Dani in a way that she's a huge American star and came all the way to Dublin and I couldn't believe she was standing right there I felt so lucky to be there
At the end of the show she took her top off and wrapped herself in a Ireland flag and sand the encore like that!
I was already the biggest fan I could be at 12 years of age, but I knew I had to see her again and again, I've always been the only one to like her I don't understand how she can have so meny fans but anywhere I go all my life nobody had the passion for her that I do, so to have pp, and people who feel the same it's great
This concert not just made love pink so much hut live music and going to shows throughout the years I've seen so many people from all genres, I enjoy some more than others but nothing ever comes close to that happens when I see pink, it's different, it's always been different, I've always been different

Old Post 12-01-2017 07:47 PM
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Thanks for reading
I’ll have to check TT tour DVD. Or maybe someone with a mohawk was on stage and I thought it was her but she was in the cage. Well she fooled me anyway and I remember that I was like looking at her and then realizing it wasn’t her and I could’ve sworn it was

I think before the cage came down her dancers came out in capes and hoods and I myself thought she was one of them, and then the cage appeared... So she fooled me then, maybe you got mixed up

Old Post 12-01-2017 07:51 PM
Crazy P!NK Fan
Triple Platinum Record Level

How old are you now? 31
How old where you at the concert? 17
Date and venue and name of tour? Oct 18 2003, Ahoy Rotterdam NL. Try This promo, gig was Pepsi Chart Live. Various artists with a Pink 'mini-concert'. She did 5 songs.
Have you seen her since the first time? Yea, total is 56 now
Who did you go with? Wartoehie, she's a classmate/friend
Did you meet any other fans? That gig.. few Dutchies
Share your experiences from the show, anything you can rember, any stand out songs or moments? We ended up front row end of catwalk, good spot as artists switched between mainstage and end of catwalk. We saw Di-rect, Skate The Great, Fontane, Dewi, Birgit, Daniel Bedingfield, Sita, Bow Wow, Jamai, Jim, The Rasmus, Stacie Orrico, Sugababes and Thicke. Pink got to close the show with what they called a mini-concert. She did GTPS, DLMGM, JLAP, Trouble, FGT. It was obvious that she wasn't feeling very well, but she still tried to make the best of it and her power and energy were mind blowing. During one of her songs, don't remember which, she ripped her pants, that made her laugh and totally pissed off at the same time. Later outside the venue we heard her arguing in the tourbus, guess not everything went as planned

Old Post 12-01-2017 08:46 PM
Crazy P!NK Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy P!NK Fan Click here to Send Crazy P!NK Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Crazy P!NK Fan Add Crazy P!NK Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skye
World Tour Level

My 1st P!nk performance was rumba in Melbourne (2002 I think) it was a music festival & pink was 2nd last to perform, after a very looooong day of standing in GA watching shaggy, sugar babes (dolls?) & a bunch of other boring performers, & she killed it! I made the decision with my friends that when she tours next we'll go to every Aus show she ever does lol never expecting all these years later she'd be playing 35 plus shows every tour! Anyways she came back in 2004 for the TT tour & kicked off in Newcastle (just out of Sydney) we seriously back-packed there from Melbourne & was so excited! We had GA tickets & were early so I decided to walk around the venue, once I got around the back on the outside there was pink sitting in the outside backstage area (behind fencing which had a cage type gate) sitting on a chair with a laptop on her lap! I yelled out to her & she looked up & then stood up & started walking over. Once she got to the gate she said I'll talk to you but only if you don't take photos, with that she started pulling at the gate & squeezed through the opening that was held closed by a chain (her guard then started running over to us in a panic lol) by this time about 4 other people came over also & one girl asked for her autograph. She then turned back to me & said hi omg I love your jacket & started stretching it out to properly look at it, of course it went straight to my head & I said to her "you can have it if you want it?" Lol she said no you keep it it's cool! But I can sign it for you? So I said yes & she grabbed the girls sharpie & signed my jacket. She then asked me if I was from Sydney & I told her no I'm from Melbourne, she then started saying how Melbourne was her fave city in Aus & then started showing me which tattoos she got done in Melbourne (her frog foot & her thigh I think) I then told her the usual how great she is & what a fan I was & she thanked me & told me she'd see me during the show. I was so happy she was such an incredible person. So to this day I'm stoked she took the time to come over & talk to me & was so genuine! I still try to go to as many shows as I can but it's mainly Melbourne shows now since she does about 18 here alone $$$$$ lol.

P.s I asked what she was doing on her laptop & she told me she was playing solitaire

Last edited by skye on 12-01-2017 at 09:20 PM

Old Post 12-01-2017 09:02 PM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alecia

How old are you now? 28
How old where you at the concert? 15
Date and venue and name of tour? Same as Dani! TT Tour, Hovet, Stockholm, Sweden March 11th 2004
Have you seen her since the first time? Yes, 5 times, in Finland and US.
Who did you go with? My mom I prayed for my dad to let me go to Sweden to see her, since she wasn't coming to Finland. And luckily my mom also liked Pink, so she came with me!
Did you meet any other fans? I met some people while queuing.
Share your experiences from the show, anything you can rember, any stand out songs or moments? I was so friggin determined to get to the front row, so I told my mom that I'm gonna start queuing in the morning, and I sure did. I waited for 8 hours in the cold, while my mom went shopping haha. It was definitely worth it, because I met really nice people and got right in front of the stage. I remember being so nervous, before she came on stage. And when she finally did, it was so amazing! After going crazy over Pink for 4-5 years before that it felt unbelievable to actually see her live, standing there just a few meters away. I loved every second of it and I remember that I had trouble sleeping after the concert, because I was so ecstatic. My mom LOVED her too!

Old Post 12-01-2017 09:05 PM
alecia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alecia Click here to Send alecia a Private Message Find more posts by alecia Add alecia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Endri
Top 100 Charts Level

Talking

Funny how her most loyal fans are around the same age. I'm 28.

Old Post 12-01-2017 10:29 PM
Endri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Endri Click here to Send Endri a Private Message Find more posts by Endri Add Endri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

How old are you now?

How old were you at the concert?

Date and venue and name of tour?

April 8, 2004
Munich, Olympiahalle
TRY THIS TOUR

Have you seen her since the first time?

Yup, a few times!

Who did you go with?

A close and dear and awesome friend of mine

Did you meet any other fans?

Nope.

The Try This condoms

She did that high note during Eventually that really had us all in awe and I can remember my friend and I just looking at each other with our mouths wide open, going: Did she just really do that?
And during, I think it was, 18 Wheeler, she just looked directly at me and smiled because I was the loudest guy in the audience
Love when that happens! She also was like "Hey, you!" during the FH tour years later, lol

The thing is, I could have gone to the back then only Party Tour concert in Berlin in 2002, but it was either go to see P!nk or get kicked out of school... In hindsight, I just should have gone to the concert, lol

Last edited by grenno on 12-01-2017 at 10:48 PM

Old Post 12-01-2017 10:44 PM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by grenno
she just looked directly at me and smiled because I was the loudest guy in the audience

Haha. We definitely should NOT do a gig together because I'm loud as hell and she always laughs at me too. Imagine us two next to eachother, ops...

Btw, it's so amazing reading everyone's story ♥ Great thread idea Ciara!

Old Post 12-01-2017 10:54 PM
skye
World Tour Level

quote:
Haha. We definitely should NOT do a gig together because I'm loud as hell and she always laughs at me too. Imagine us two next to eachother, ops...

Btw, it's so amazing reading everyone's story ♥ Great thread idea Ciara!

Yeah same. Or those moments where you scream as loud as you can a certain part of the album version & she's changed it & it's suddenly gone quiet lol 🙈

Old Post 12-01-2017 11:20 PM
skye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skye Click here to Send skye a Private Message Find more posts by skye Add skye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by skye
Yeah same. Or those moments where you scream as loud as you can a certain part of the album version & she's changed it & it's suddenly gone quiet lol 🙈

Yupp. Yupp. A w k w a r d. Happened to me this year on V fest during Bobby McGee. She did that on purpose though I swear. Now imagine that sound. Not many people know that song. And I'm loud. And sound crap. And then she laughed and then the next day before singing it she said are you ready and looked at me. HA HA, very funny Pink

Old Post 12-01-2017 11:25 PM
skye
World Tour Level

quote:
Yupp. Yupp. A w k w a r d. Happened to me this year on V fest during Bobby McGee. She did that on purpose though I swear. Now imagine that sound. Not many people know that song. And I'm loud. And sound crap. And then she laughed and then the next day before singing it she said are you ready and looked at me. HA HA, very funny Pink

😂

Old Post 12-01-2017 11:41 PM